BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-03-2008, 07:41 AM   #1
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M340i,15 M4,12 328i,08 135i

Evolution Racewerks Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines! Product Release/Intro Sale!!

I know, it's a small thing but hey, they're ready to go. I'm just going to copy and paste from our website because it's 5 o'clock in the morning, I'm tired and I have to wake up early and weld 50 intercoolers tomorrow

Clear Transparent Sleeve

"Introducing our new stainless steel braided brake lines for the BMW 135i. Our stainless steel braided lines feature a PTFE (Teflon) inner liner with a stainless steel outer braid. These stainless steel brake lines will improve the performance/reliability and increases the safety of your brake system by greatly reducing the expansion (swelling) of the brake line commonly seen on stock rubber brake lines. This gives you a firmer brake pedal feel and eliminates the "spongy" pedal feel during demanding conditions. Eliminating the expansion (swelling) of the brake lines will improve the consistency of your brake system. Consistency is the key to winning!

Unlike many other stainless steel kits out there that just replace the outer brake line going to the brake caliper, our full kit replaces ALL the stock rubber brake hoses with stainless steel brake lines. On the BMW 135i, there are 2 front lines and 4 rear lines (inner and outer lines). On top of that, we include two 1/2 liter bottles of Motul RBF600 Racing Brake Fluid, saving you the trouble of finding your own. Motul RBF600 Racing Brake Fluid is regarded as one of the best brake fluids around and is what we use on our Time Attack BMW 135i.

The stainless steel braiding offers excellent corrosion and abrasion resistance. Additionally, our stainless steel brakes lines feature a special transparent sleeve coating for even better abrasion resistance!!! This coating helps protect the stainless steel braiding from "fraying" from daily wear from road debris kicked up by the tire. Perfect for those who constantly work on their own cars. No more getting stabbed by strands of broken stainless steel braiding

This special transparent sleeve coating comes clear (standard) as well as 5 different colors!!! They're available in gray, black, yellow, red and blue. A great addition to any enthusiasts' who wants to "brighten" up your brake system or compliment your color scheme. The black transparent coating is perfect for those who want the low key stock look."

For all the full details etc... http://www.evolutionracewerks.com/product.php?prodid=51

Gray Transparent Sleeve

Red Transparent Sleeve

Blue Transparent Sleeve

Yellow Transparent Sleeve

Black Transparent Sleeve

Rubber grommet for front brake line bracket

Front brake lines installed
(sorry didn't have the rubber grommets on for the picture)

Rear outer brake lines installed
The brake lines are available in 3 trims:
Full Kit - includes the front and both rear brake lines. Also comes with two 1/2 liter bottles of Motul RBF600 Racing Brake Fluid.
Standard Kit -same as full kit except without the Motul RBF600
Basic Kit - includes the front and rear outer brake lines only (brake lines attaching to the brake caliper). Great for those who just want to change the outer lines as they are easy to install. The rear inner line is a bit difficult to install.

Fits OEM Brembo 6 piston front calipers. Also available for the Brembo BBK kit.

Installation takes about 15-30 minutes for the Basic Kit (not counting bleeding the brakes). All other kits take about 30 minutes to an hour (not counting bleeding the brakes). The brake lines are very easy to do now that the car is new as the brake fitting isn't seized yet and breaks loose very easy. The rear inner brake line is a little bit difficult to reach, but on a lift with the right tools, easy.

So we normally don't sell our products directly to customers as our products are normally sold strictly through our authorized dealers. However, we're new to the BMW market and do not have many BMW specific dealers yet (dealer inquiry welcomed!) so we're going to have an introduction sale to get our products out there for you guys to check out. Once we do get more BMW specific dealers, all our products will be sold through them.

So limited time only sale for 1addicts members!!!
Basic Kit (Front and outer rear lines) MSRP $99.95. SALE $79.95!!!
Standard Kit (Front and both rear lines) MSRP $124.95 SALE $99.95!!!
Full Kit (Front and both rear lines with 2 bottles of Motul RBF600 Racing Brake Fluid). MSRP $159.95 SALE $129.95!!!

All brake lines (all colors) are in stock and ready to ship. Shipping is $10 anywhere in the US (except Alaska and Hawaii). Those interested, please contact me at fredsu@evolutionracewerks.com or PM me. Feel free to e-mail me too if you have any questions. Thanks!

Support us so I can fund our race program and keep more parts coming! :wink:

Moderators who are interested, contact me for additional discount!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 09:20 AM   #2
kompey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i

shipment cost for Italy?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 03:23 PM   #3
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep

Cheapest way to ship to Italy is via USPS using a USPS flat rate box instead of our normal box we package the brake lines in. These prices are for the Basic and Standard Kits. Full kits won't fit in a USPS flat rate box and must be shipped using our normal box (which cost more to ship). Might not be worth it for you international customers to get the Full Kit due to shipping.

Priority Mail (6-10 Days) $15
Express (8 Days) $28

I've calculated a few international shipments for the brakes lines today and all have come out to almost the same price using a USPS flat rate box. So most international shipment prices should be what is listed above. The only difference is delivery times, some are longer than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kompey View Post
shipment cost for Italy?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
135-CS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EVO8,EVO9,E90,E82

Would this void the BMW Maintenance Program and Warranty of the brakes?

BTW Great product!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 10:01 PM   #5
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep

That would depend highly on the dealership you go to. As with any modifications to your car, the dealer may or may not care. Your best bet is to contact the local dealership you would normally go to and see if it's ok with them.

If you get the black sleeve, I doubt they would even notice. Even so, there would be no reason why they would void the warranty. That's like voiding your warranty for having drilled/slotted rotors (though they could, yet unlikely). Also, the upgraded brake lines do not increase wear on your brake pads so it would not be an issue. I think the only time they would care is if you came in to service for brake pads and you only have 5,000 miles on the odometer and needed a reason not to cover it.

Thanks! This is but one of many new products that we will be releasing. Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i-CS View Post
Would this void the BMW Maintenance Program and Warranty of the brakes?

BTW Great product!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #6
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep

For the guys that have placed an order so far, your kits have been shipped out today. Thanks for the support guys!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2008, 02:19 AM   #7
Fl0rent
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

PM sended
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 06:28 AM   #8
swiftss13
808 Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 135i /05 325i

PM sent
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #9
Raflekt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i fully loaded

sorry for the silly question , but what are the benefits with this product? by the way it looks very good quality

regards
      01-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
akak1997
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 @ 135mph

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raflekt View Post
sorry for the silly question , but what are the benefits with this product? by the way it looks very good quality

regards
Better brake pedal feel (less spongy), improve braking response.
Appreciate 0