BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #133
Full Boost
Rep
Drives: 911 Torana

Kenny,

My cars stock mate but running 2WD so my ET would be crappy too - trap speed? Who knows?

I was looking for the results for WSID in 2004 When i did the Dutton Rally in the RS - cant find them - but i remember the time being a 12.1XXX. I hope the Black car would do better... - The Black Dyno never lies

Simon.

Just because you drive a GT3 - doesn't make you a GT3 driver.....
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:58 AM   #134
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Just remember it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile mate.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 03:27 AM   #135
Full Boost
Rep

I want that Motec Exhaust!

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 03:33 AM   #136
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep

Mate I'm going tomorrow with wifey to see it. I don't think that she is unaware of the fact is a major point. Sim/Kenny did you want to come? We are going to Maq at 6:50
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 03:48 AM   #137
Full Boost
Rep

Bro, Got the little one - and have dinner with the olds - as Mum is away the next day. Was planing on going over the weekend though...

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 04:54 AM   #138
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
Benny: Fancy pants seats?
You know it
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #139
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Stage 5 Tuning.

135 with full boltons and Vishnu Generation II Methanol kit.

My car made 293.5 rwkw (394 rwhp) with PROcede, full boltons and Vishnu generation II methanol kit (dual nozzles) running on 98 RON pump unleaded with VP M1 methanol.

Recap:
Stock 187.9 rwkw
Computer 234.1 rwkw (+46.2 rwkw)
Computer + boltons 259.0 rwkw (+71.1 rwkw)
Computer + boltons + gen II meth 293.5 rwkw (+105.6 rwkw)

The generation II Vishnu (PWM - Aquamist) methanol kit provides at least as much power (on different days the same dyno read 2.2 rwkw more for Gen II) as the first generation (Labonte kit).

I'm anticipating the feeling of better ramp on to power in the low/midrange and much less methanol usage with the second generation kit.

Advan also installed the P3 digital boost gauge cleverly installed in an OEM BMW vent. I'll provide more feedback on this once I'm familiar with using it.

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.

Last edited by MrBlonde; 08-20-2011 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #140
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Nice one mate. Have you got much left to do for your build?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #141
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Nice Kenny. What are the differences in Vishnu 1 and 2 meth kits? Also, why did you choose to stick with dual nozzles and what size are they?

I did notice boost looks a lot more stable on this dyno than your last one. You seem to sit around 17psi which is very nice power.

I'm having issues with my meth kit but I'd like to jump on a dyno once I get it working. I haven't diagnosed the problem yet but my gut feeling is I've got a faulty pump.

Also not sure what you mean by Advan cleverly installing it into the OEM vent as that is where it's meant to go. Did you order the PLUS version that replaces the whole vent? Anyways, all you need to know is press the right button and it will display what is being measured. Press it again within 5 seconds and it will go to the next measurement (eg. boost, IAT, timing etc). If you gas the car and then press the left button when on boost menu it will give you peak boost.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 01:57 AM   #142
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Vin, have you tried replacing your pump with Matt's to see if it is the pump?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 02:10 AM   #143
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Vin, have you tried replacing your pump with Matt's to see if it is the pump?
No I didn't get a chance... I'm doing everything Terry has asked me to troubleshoot and slowly eliminate any potential causes. He's adamant it's not the pump but we'll find out soon enough. I have been a bit slow to troubleshoot lately because I need to borrow a PC laptop each time I log or make adjustments using the JB4 program.

I need to find a way to install JB4 program on my Mac because it will make life a lot easier. At the moment I'm using Parallels 5 with Windows 7 and it's not compatible. I might need to upgrade to Parallels 6 or use Bootcamp. Not sure if Parallels 6 will work when I upgrade to Lion OSX though. If only things weren't so complicated!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 03:54 AM   #144
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyv View Post
Nice one mate. Have you got much left to do for your build?
Thanks. I'm all done for now.

Additional mods I've thought about:
+ Coilovers
+ Replace front and rear suspension [HP Autowerks]
+ Oil cooler [ER]
+ Wheels [Forgeline] and Tyres [Michelin?]
+ LSD
+ CF diffuser
+ Performance seats

But I'm not sure I'll do anything else, given this is my daily driver. I also have been neglecting my M Coupe which needs some love.

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 03:59 AM   #145
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Nice Kenny. What are the differences in Vishnu 1 and 2 meth kits? Also, why did you choose to stick with dual nozzles and what size are they?

I did notice boost looks a lot more stable on this dyno than your last one. You seem to sit around 17psi which is very nice power.

I'm having issues with my meth kit but I'd like to jump on a dyno once I get it working. I haven't diagnosed the problem yet but my gut feeling is I've got a faulty pump.

Also not sure what you mean by Advan cleverly installing it into the OEM vent as that is where it's meant to go. Did you order the PLUS version that replaces the whole vent? Anyways, all you need to know is press the right button and it will display what is being measured. Press it again within 5 seconds and it will go to the next measurement (eg. boost, IAT, timing etc). If you gas the car and then press the left button when on boost menu it will give you peak boost.
Vinney, the Vishnu Gen I kit is a Labonte hardware based setup. I've taken mine out and will be offering it for sale cheap. Gen II (Pulse Width Modulation) is Aquamist based and integrated to PROcede.

I'm not sure what size the nozzles are but they are a totally diffferent setup to the Gen I. I will also have a CM7 and two D04 nozzles for sale cheap.

Yes I ordered the Plus Version with the gauge already set in an OEM vent. I didn't mean Advan made the gauge, I mean they installed the gauge. I meant that the gauges is cleverly integrated in the vent (by P3 cars).

I haven't really sussed out the gauge yet, will play with that soon but it's a very simple system.

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 04:15 AM   #146
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. I'm all done for now.

Additional mods I've thought about:
+ Coilovers
+ Replace front and rear suspension [HP Autowerks]
+ Oil cooler [ER]
+ Wheels [Forgeline] and Tyres [Michelin?]
+ LSD
+ CF diffuser
+ Performance seats

But I'm not sure I'll do anything else, given this is my daily driver. I also have been neglecting my M Coupe which needs some love.
Kenny you've got so much power under the hood and look like you're still up for big $$$ to address the suspension, wheels and tyres. If you had a 1M you could stop here but I think some of those things are really needed on a car as powerful as yours. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the build

Quote:
Vinney, the Vishnu Gen I kit is a Labonte hardware based setup. I've taken mine out and will be offering it for sale cheap. Gen II (Pulse Width Modulation) is Aquamist based and integrated to PROcede.

I'm not sure what size the nozzles are but they are a totally diffferent setup to the Gen I. I will also have a CM7 and two D04 nozzles for sale cheap.

Yes I ordered the Plus Version with the gauge already set in an OEM vent. I didn't mean Advan made the gauge, I mean they installed the gauge. I meant that the gauges is cleverly integrated in the vent (by P3 cars).

I haven't really sussed out the gauge yet, will play with that soon but it's a very simple system.
Thanks for explaining that Kenny. Curious as to what nozzles you are using on the new system as I have heard there is no advantage of using dual setup over a larger single.

I am not knowledgeable of Procede products but sounds very similar to the JB4 + Coolingmist Meth Kit which is integrated into the piggyback tune. So far I have had limited success with my kit but hoping that will change in the future.

Glad to hear you are happy with the fit and finish of the P3 boost gauge. It really is a fantastic little unit, looks completely OEM. I have not managed to hook up the dimmer line but not sure if it's needed and can't be bothered removing it to do so. I'm keen to hear your impressions on it once you figure out how to use it.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 04:24 AM   #147
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Kenny you've got so much power under the hood and look like you're still up for big $$$ to address the suspension, wheels and tyres. If you had a 1M you could stop here but I think some of those things are really needed on a car as powerful as yours. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the build
Thanks for explaining that Kenny. Curious as to what nozzles you are using on the new system as I have heard there is no advantage of using dual setup over a larger single.

I am not knowledgeable of Procede products but sounds very similar to the JB4 + Coolingmist Meth Kit which is integrated into the piggyback tune. So far I have had limited success with my kit but hoping that will change in the future.

Glad to hear you are happy with the fit and finish of the P3 boost gauge. It really is a fantastic little unit, looks completely OEM. I have not managed to hook up the dimmer line but not sure if it's needed and can't be bothered removing it to do so. I'm keen to hear your impressions on it once you figure out how to use it.
Mate I hear you but for a DD you've got to draw the line somewhere! It all comes down to how much play money one has and which toy you want to direct the funds to. Some are lucky enough to have sufficient funds to do everything at once, not me!

Vinney the PWM system has totally different "nozzles". By that I mean it does not use the same type of nozzle hardware as Cooling Mist or Devil's Own etc nozzles.

Sorry I don't really know anything about JB4 and CoolingMist methanol setup so I can't comment.

Hope you get your meth kit issues sorted, it's very frustrating when your car isn't running to it's potential.

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #148
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Just to infrom you guys of the Meth kit options. The unit Kenny has is quite different to any of the cooling mist options. Here are the options commonly used on the BMW platform:

* Basic kit with no integration to tune. This system is completely independant of the tune with no failsafe. Normally consists of a controller that ramps a pump up between low and highs speed between two configurable boost settings. Typically used with tunes that cannot support a failsafe (flash tunes or stock).

* Basic kit with failsafe. Similar to above but adds failsafe that is input into the tune. The failsafe is a signal used by the tune to make the tune more aggressive when meth is flowing, and to pull the tune back to safe if the meth stops flowing for any reason. This is the most common system currently in use and is representitive of the typical cooling mist/JB setup. It is also the system that was initially sold by Vishnu as the gen 1 system using Labonte meth parts.

* Flow controlled by tune. Similar to above, but instead of the controller having two boost settings for min and max flow, the tune outputs a signal that the controller uses to set the pump speed. This has a big advantage that when using big jets, as you can reduce the meth flow at low RPM and increase it at high RPM reducing the effects of meth quench/bog, and reducing meth usage. This is a fairly new thing from BMS. Not sure how many people are using a system like this. I do not believe many (if any) of the Aussies are using it.

* PWM. This is the system Kenny is running. This system is quite different in the hardware to any of above. The primary difference is the presence of a high speed solenoid that is pulsed like a fuel injector. The pump is run at full speed all the time in boost. The meth flow is controlled in the same way as a fuel injector controls flow. The tune sends a high frequency duty cycle waveform that completely turns the flow off when the solenoid is off and runs max flow when it is on. By tuning a map inside the tune you can set the duty cycle of the signal for any desired flow at any operating conditions. At 50% you get 50% flow even though the pump has full output pressure. As with fuel injection, the benefit of this system over above is that you get good atomisation of the meth as the pump is always running at full output pressure, but you can still reduce the meth flow at low RPM in a highly accurate and repeatable way to avoid meth quench/bog and reduce meth usage. This sytem is currently only available from Aquamist, and the Vishnu Meth uses this Aquamist system in there latest gen 2 meth system. In addition, the system also include a new type of flow sensor that is very compact and reliable with minimla moving parts, and can maintain reliability in 100% meth that is used for failsafe.

So that is a description of the differences in Kenny's meth upgrade. Of course all the meth systems are capable of similar power outputs as evidenced by Kenny's car making similar power to previous with the new system. The new system however will use less meth on average, and will benefit more from the meth in the light to medium loads for better drivability due to more accurate meth flow control and better meth atomisation.

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #149
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
I've never said 'LOL' before but I have to do it now...

LOL

I knew someone would chime in to say how much better the Vishnu kit is compared to BMS as soon as Vin said they were similar... haha...

Oh, sorry to hijack Kenny!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #150
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
I've never said 'LOL' before but I have to do it now...

LOL

I knew someone would chime in to say how much better the Vishnu kit is compared to BMS as soon as Vin said they were similar... haha...

Oh, sorry to hijack Kenny!
I think you're reading into it what you want to read, all I saw was Adrian pointing out the differences in the common meth systems for our platform. Unless I'm mistaken there are positive comments for both tune manufacturers, you cannot expect Adrian to write anymore than he has about a system he he has a different amount of experience with.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #151
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

In my original post I actually had a paragraph at the bottom predicting that BBK would do exactly what he has done, but removed it in the hope that I was wrong and I did not want to be inflammatory. I should have left it. I'm glad we all get our LOL on this forum from our predictability.

So JB guys... the kit Kenny has is different to anything from Coolingmist... This is fact. You can think which is better based on what makes you sleep at night.... but BMW86's comment that they are similar was wrong, so I was just stating how it is so that anyone else looking into Meth has the relevant knowledge to make an informed decision.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #152
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
I'm done pointing out bias and arguing over it.

That is all.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #153
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I'm done pointing out bias and arguing over it.

That is all.
Not sure if you noticed this BBK. This thread is one of my customers cars. He is using my product. I am a paying vendor of this forum. I think most people probably have the intelligence to see how it is without your help. It is you that is having trouble understanding this. I think you expect me to promote my competitors product. As it is I try and present the facts in a way that people can see the differences and make their own decision so as to avoid arguments. Luckily I am not selling snake oil here, and the product can sell on its own merit, so I only have to inform people of the facts which is as good as any other marketting I can do. So in future, please refrain from your "bias police" activities in threads that have no relevance to the BMS product that you like to peddle.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #154
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Appreciate 0