Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 11:04 PM   #24
JP-1M
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 1M

Garage List
Sounds like your patience really paid off. It looks to be tastefully modified and well cared for.

The info trickling in about what you had to do to get the care registered in Norway is quite interesting. Did you do the maintenance yourself while swapping back and forth between modified and stock suspension and brakes? That's not exactly trivial work.

Enjoyed your story. Thanks for sharing.
      05-05-2017, 12:59 AM   #25
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-1M View Post
Sounds like your patience really paid off. It looks to be tastefully modified and well cared for.

The info trickling in about what you had to do to get the care registered in Norway is quite interesting. Did you do the maintenance yourself while swapping back and forth between modified and stock suspension and brakes? That's not exactly trivial work.

Actually had to install stock suspension, brakes and DP`s to get the car registered. Handed the car to an indy for this, was ment to do it myself but had a back injury at that time so was not able to do it then.

It is not that difficult of a job if you have some basic knowledge, but it is time consuming.

Basicly every second year I need to do this swap But working on getting the Ohlins approved. Next time I will leave the Brembo`s on and hear what they say.

But the Catless DP`s need to come off and stock one in for every technical inspection (Emission`s issue)
BMW 1M 2011. Akrapovic Evo exhaust w/wireless kit, AR design DP, , Wagner EVO I IC, Cobb chargepipe, Turbosmart Diverter valves, AFE GT Momentum intake, MMP inlets, Cobb Accesport with custom Buraq map, BMS oilcatch can, Setrab 2nd oil cooler, Rogue short shifter, Ohlins R&T suspension, Brembo 18z brakecaliper w/Ferrodo DS2500 pads, Recaro CS seats
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2017, 06:37 AM   #26
JP-1M
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollefsen View Post
Quote:

Actually had to install stock suspension, brakes and DP`s to get the car registered. Handed the car to an indy for this, was ment to do it myself but had a back injury at that time so was not able to do it then.

It is not that difficult of a job if you have some basic knowledge, but it is time consuming.

Basicly every second year I need to do this swap But working on getting the Ohlins approved. Next time I will leave the Brembo`s on and hear what they say.

But the Catless DP`s need to come off and stock one in for every technical inspection (Emission`s issue)
Thanks for the update. Interesting parallels and differences between Norway and Japan. We also have every 2 year re-certifications, but they are not nearly as strict as what you describe in Norway. The suspension and brakes would easily pass. The exhaust would not.

Wishing you loads of luck with your baby.
      05-05-2017, 08:52 AM   #27
aamelin
Russian Federation
Rep

Hi Trond! Nice to see my previous car on site Hope you enjoying it.

Regarding passenger seat - all Russian cars has not occupancy sensors. When I've replaced seats, all electronic boxes has been moved to new one seats. This means that all function (for example moving right mirrors when reversing) still available (except electronic adjustment).
Also two years ago I've tried to find original BMW performance seats, but this was impossible.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 09:29 AM   #28
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamelin View Post

Regarding passenger seat - all Russian cars has not occupancy sensors. When I've replaced seats, all electronic boxes has been moved to new one seats. This means that all function (for example moving right mirrors when reversing) still available (except electronic adjustment).
Also two years ago I've tried to find original BMW performance seats, but this was impossible.
@aamelin Did you model the seat upholstry after the BMW Performance seats? It is the clossest resemblence to the performance seats so far. What was the inspiration for the back, and what material is that?

Ps Curb monitor/ lowering passenger mirror on reverse or in German bordsteinautomatic is unrelated to the seat electronics and seat control modules.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 02:47 AM   #29
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Interesting parallels and differences between Norway and Japan. We also have every 2 year re-certifications, but they are not nearly as strict as what you describe in Norway. The suspension and brakes would easily pass. The exhaust would not.

Wishing you loads of luck with your baby.
It is strict, but if you have documentation supporting that the aftermarket parts are purpose made for the specific vehicle it is not that difficult. So the tricky thing is that my Ohlins kit is for the E92 M3 and are TUV approved for that car. There is a kit approved for the 1M wich I now have TUV papers for. Seems like I will only need to replace the rear springs to get it approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamelin View Post
Thanks, I do enjoy it, more and more for every drive I take Will take care of this one!
BMW 1M 2011. Akrapovic Evo exhaust w/wireless kit, AR design DP, , Wagner EVO I IC, Cobb chargepipe, Turbosmart Diverter valves, AFE GT Momentum intake, MMP inlets, Cobb Accesport with custom Buraq map, BMS oilcatch can, Setrab 2nd oil cooler, Rogue short shifter, Ohlins R&T suspension, Brembo 18z brakecaliper w/Ferrodo DS2500 pads, Recaro CS seats
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 12:32 PM   #30
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Tasteful!, clean
      05-13-2017, 04:36 PM   #31
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Hi all, does any of you have any experience with this induction system https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...m/000951ecs~a/ ?

If installing this, should I re-map to get the most of it?

Also considering inlets and outlets. What would you reccomend to go for here?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 07:15 AM   #32
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Took a photo of my left side mirror.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
///BYU268.50
digwm170.50
JP-1M171.00
      05-15-2017, 07:25 AM   #33
Feco
Private
Rep
Drives: 12' 1 Series M Coupé

Garage List
2012 1M  [0.00]
2014 Porsche 911 Ca ...  [0.00]
2007 Porsche 911 Turbo  [10.00]
1993 E36 M3  [10.00]
1999 E39 M5  [9.00]
2005 E46 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW F10 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollefsen View Post
Took a photo if my left mirror.

1M >>>>>>>>>>> 918 Spyder

Porsche 911 Turbo (997.1) GT Silver - Fabspeed Maxflo, Cobb Custom Tune, Spec Clutch 2+, HR Sway Bars + Spring
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 08:45 AM   #34
Fossper
Registered
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 M Coupe

Tollefsen, I can't se the pictures - could you put theme out one more time
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 09:09 AM   #35
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

I Will upload the pictures again. Was moving the pictures to a new folder and I guess the link does not work then.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 06:35 AM   #36
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Update.

Have installed the AFE GT momentum intake and one scoop behind the left kidney. Could not install the scoop on the right due to a oilcooler in the way.

Also started a proccess with ******** to create a new map. PTF does not support the E series any more so they could not do any more mapping for my car. Read alot of good things about Buraq so hopefully he will get me a good map.

Got a base map a few days ago and did the three first pulls today and sendt the logs to Buraq. Just the basemap was much more powerfull than what my previous PTF stage2+v3 was. So looking forward to fine tuning and the end result

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 08:36 AM   #37
digwm1
Private First Class
Rep

wowzers! nice!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2017, 03:35 PM   #38
Tinsta
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1CSL

Awesome, looks great! any dyno figures?
      06-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #39
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsta View Post
Awesome, looks great! any dyno figures?
No dyno figures yet.

Will Dyno the car when the final map is finished.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 11:37 AM   #40
Feco
Private
Rep
Drives: 12' 1 Series M Coupé

Garage List
2012 1M  [0.00]
2014 Porsche 911 Ca ...  [0.00]
2007 Porsche 911 Turbo  [10.00]
1993 E36 M3  [10.00]
1999 E39 M5  [9.00]
2005 E46 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW F10 535i  [0.00]
As I promissed here is my car with the 18z on both sides, Tollefsen

Porsche 911 Turbo (997.1) GT Silver - Fabspeed Maxflo, Cobb Custom Tune, Spec Clutch 2+, HR Sway Bars + Spring
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #41
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feco View Post
As I promissed here is my car with the 18z on both sides, Tollefsen

Looks good.
Tracked the 1m for the first time this weekend and the brakes are awesome.

The front calipers looks bigger then the rear ones?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 04:28 AM   #42
eleniki
Alderran`s lost princess
Rep
Drives: A bit old BMW

Tollefsen i am inlove with your seats. Great car - worth the wait, definitely!
      09-11-2017, 08:16 AM   #43
Tollefsen
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Hi.

Just sharing some pictures when my 1M was on display at a local motor show here in Stavanger.
One of my childhood friends have started a timepice brand and I voluntary had some of his watches on display durring the show. Please check them out free worldwide shipping. www.hoydentimepieces.com

Planing to install N20 3.5bar tmap sensor anytime soon now. Have the sensor, wiring and new map but have not had the time yet. Have also MMP inlets and outlets waiting for install as well.

Also a last one just outside my garage.

Last edited by Tollefsen; 09-11-2017 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #44
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

Can you provide more details on your upgraded oil coolers?
Appreciate 0