BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-19-2017, 09:04 PM   #1
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

Daily Driver Front Brakes alternatives

Curious if anyone has tried these RockAuto Power Stop kits as they're inexpensive complete kits:

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....sn=409&jsn=409

Or can offer advice/experience with something comparable...obviously not for any track use. Anyone try some of the Amazon kits?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 09:32 PM   #2
02Pilot
Malcontent
Rep
Drives: 128i

What do dislike about the factory brakes? Slotted rotors are completely unnecessary in the vast majority of applications. I have no idea about the qualities of those pads, so I can't comment on them. Basically, figure out what your needs and wants are of the brakes, then buy components to suit. This doesn't have to be expensive, but buying primarily based on price is a recipe for disappointment.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 07:26 PM   #3
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Pilot View Post
What do dislike about the factory brakes? Slotted rotors are completely unnecessary in the vast majority of applications. This doesn't have to be expensive, but buying primarily based on price is a recipe for disappointment.
Nothing wrong with the OEM brakes and don't mind getting them either but if I can save a few bucks simply by using a different brand with same performance then why not. I don't believe I'd be the very first person to try these off brand brakes so I figured I'd ask... can always learn from others' experiences.

I totally agree with your statement about buying based on price. I'd say I'm about 50/50 on my life experiences of buying expensive and buying cheap with both leading to disappointment. Research, research, research...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 12:34 PM   #4
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Stay with high-quality brake pads and rotors. If you can't start the car is one thing, but if you can't stop that can be scary.
Appreciate 0