BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
n2djazz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Coupe (T. Silver)

Recalls

Got a call from my dealer. There are three recalls for my car: seat belt tensioner, tail lights (can't imagine what the problem is), and injectors. Got service scheduled for Thursday. To boot, a rock chipped my windshield...having it repaired tomorrow (not replaced.) I'll post how that goes. Can anyone tell me what the tail light recall is about?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 01:28 AM   #2
tWinTuRboz
Freshman RaceR
Rep
Drives: BeEMeR 135i

my receipt for the repair is at my work, so i'll get back to you on that..but overall they are 'resealing' the taillight because of problems that may affect it by allowing in moisture? within the ballpark of the problem, i think.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
n2djazz
Private First Class
Rep

Got my windshield repaired. You can still see some of the crack but it is near the mirror and not in my field of vision. Plus the cracks will not spread and I did not have to subject my car to the rigors of replacing the windshield. I always wonder how good of the job those installers do. Of course it looks okay under casual observance...but what about in the case of an accident? Will the replacement or the install do the job the original was intended to do?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #4
n2djazz
Private First Class
Rep

Got the recall work done by Nalley BMW in Decatur GA. They installed the gasket material around the tail lights. I was told this was necessary because the tail lights could let in water or fail completely. Got the seat belt tensioner recall work done. I can tell because the slight drag felt when putting on the seatbelt is gone. The drag was not annoying but after owning the car for 18mos, I could tell immediately the drag was gone. There is an injector recall as well. My car had three injectors replaced and I can tell. Acceleration is far smoother than before, I did not have a complaint about the acceleration. Word to the wise, check if the aforementioned recalls affect your vehicle. If so, schedule that appt, you might be glad you did.
Appreciate 0