E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Canada better revises its pricing policy

03-19-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
Saintor
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

BMW Canada better revises its pricing policy

I would replace mine witgh a 325i Sport and Sunroof.

Price 46500$CAD 7.45% 48mo

On BMW USA 33200$US ---> 38200$CAD don't know APR

On top of this, we have a 15% taxes; So I would be screwed by 9500$CAD give or take 1000$ for minor differences in equipment.

I *know* that other countries have a prohibitive pricing. The focus here is Canada vs USA.

Are there any alternative? Buying a 323i is not.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2006, 05:18 PM   #2
ssam
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: carefully

you can save a few $ if you don t take the sunroof + metallic pain.......or wait for the 1 series
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2006, 05:24 PM   #3
Saintor
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

The price in Canadian is with the optional sunroof (std in USA). The price in USA has no Xenon. Both with no optional paint.

I had a look on ED for Canada and it doesn't improve the figures.

We are getting screwed a big deal in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2006, 09:20 PM   #4
Airboy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Some Subaru

BMW won't do anything unless their bottomline is affected. They'll continue to charge what people will pay for them. BMW is not the only brand that, due to the current exchange rate, has a huge difference in pricing south of the border.

Option 1:
You could look into importing a car from the USA. The warranty still applies but no free oil changes. There is a 6.1% import duty plus ~$300 in gov't fees. At least one dealership close to the border have been told by BMW NA not to sell cars to Canadians, at least not directly. An auto broker is one way around this but they need to be paid, too.

Option 2:
Wait for the price adjustment in Canada (rrrright). I doubt this would happen even if the Canadian dollar stays strong for another year... We Canadians just love to bend over and grab our ankles when it comes to car pricing. However, if you decide to buy in Canada dispite the price difference, it just goes to show that BMW Canada doesn't need to do anything.

ED for Canadian customers is pretty useless in terms of saving money. The 'discount' covers the 6.1% import duty and that is about it. Add shipping and travel cost to the total and it is just sad

If only my brother was living in a state with no state tax, I would have him do ED and buy the car from him afterwards.

Vote with your wallet.
      03-19-2006, 09:25 PM   #5
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

You guys could get a friend (a friend that you REALLY, REALLY close with) to buy one here in the states, then have him/her sell it to you.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2006, 11:29 PM   #6
3s-a-charm
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X

Garage List
2007 BMW X5  [0.00]
Saintor, I know what you mean! I just paid $53,700 for a 325i in Canada (and I didn't get every option - almost but not quite - no leather in fact). I figured the same car bought in the US with the same/similar specs purchased through ED would be about $11,000+ cheaper.

At first I was pretty ticked about that and had a good long rant at my wife about it. In the end, we worked out the lease payment and weather our business wanted to afford it and just ordered it at full Canadian prices.

From what I heard, the one who is losing out here is BMW as the weak exchange is forcing BMWNA to sell their cars cheaper than other markets with less profits to BMWAG or something like that. Basically, everyone else is paying close to what they should for the cars and the US is getting a good deal. Anyone heard differently, please speak-up as I'm not 100% positive on this.

Either way... it's a sweet car at any price!
      03-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #7
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s-a-charm
Saintor, I know what you mean! I just paid $53,700 for a 325i in Canada (and I didn't get every option - almost but not quite - no leather in fact). I figured the same car bought in the US with the same/similar specs purchased through ED would be about $11,000+ cheaper.

At first I was pretty ticked about that and had a good long rant at my wife about it. In the end, we worked out the lease payment and weather our business wanted to afford it and just ordered it at full Canadian prices.

From what I heard, the one who is losing out here is BMW as the weak exchange is forcing BMWNA to sell their cars cheaper than other markets with less profits to BMWAG or something like that. Basically, everyone else is paying close to what they should for the cars and the US is getting a good deal. Anyone heard differently, please speak-up as I'm not 100% positive on this.

Either way... it's a sweet car at any price!
No, you're right. We're getting a better deal than everyone else.
Appreciate 0