BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Jake Sweeney BMW of Cincinnati, OH (came from out of town)

I was referred to my SA Jeff Robinson of Jake Sweeney BMW by a buddy who went to school in Madison with me who got a 335i lease for peanuts compared to what I've seen some people pay. Originally I was looking for a BMW Executive Demo 135i or 335i and Jeff was the guy to see as he does a lot of work getting these and leasing them for DAMN cheap. However, after a month and a half of emails no 135i's were coming up in a 6MT and I couldn't decide on any of the other option/combos that were available on the 335i Exec Demos he said were available, I decided to go for a new 135i and hopefully get more of what I was looking for specifically.

Jeff helped me endlessly (I happened to teeter over a lot of things like color combos and little options so I know I was a handful) and found a few 11's for me to choose from that would be off the boat shortly or traded between dealerships that met my specific criteria. I took one that was at port and he called me the day the status showed up that it had left the port and then again that same afternoon that it was actually THERE at the dealership (apparently the tracking system is a bit slow).

I flew in the next morning and Jeff picked me up at the airport in a brand new X5 (great SUV BTW) and was great company to chat with on the 30-40 min ride back to the dealership. When I got to the dealership, he took good care of me, showed me around the car a little bit, brought me into the Finance office (and then went back and fended off a few groups of people who were over the car/new color (Deep Sea Blue) and wanted to poke around it a little more than someone would want them to if they were in the office paying for it). Then after everything was signed we pulled the car out and he went over all the cars features (even the cool little ones that I would have never known about had he not told me) for me, made sure I had everything I needed for my long trip home and saw me off. I was in and out in just about an hour's time, which was a personal best in my experience as it usually takes everyone else like 3hrs to do all of this (though I realize he had the car prepped before I even got there which saved a good amount of time).

Jeff was EXCELLENT to work with, and looking back on the deal I got an almost $44k car for about $41k and change so probably somewhere near $500-$1000 over invoice - and I didn't even haggle on the price, it was just given to me. I know a lot of people get this too everyday but I was surprised since it was the 1st '11 model they had come into the dealership, and it was sold to someone from 500 miles away.

I drove the car back to Madison, WI... about 8 hrs worth of highway, but it was totally worth it. I love salesmen who love the cars they sell, show you that with their level of commitment to the customers satisfaction... you can tell they go the extra mile and Jeff did just that.

Even being back in Chicago now, (where there are like 10 different BMW dealerships instead of just 1 really bad one in Madison) I will continue to give Jeff and Jake Sweeney my business in the future if I'm still in a BMW. If you're in the Midwest somewhere and want a great deal, PM me and I'll give you Jeff's contact info, he was truly a pleasure to work with.

Last edited by UdubBadger; 07-11-2010 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
dunny
BMW/Mopar Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Nice to hear my local dealer is doing great with customer service! I'm glad they took care of you!

I tried to buy from Sweeney last year, but I guess times were a little different and they didn't offer me much of a deal. Their best price was $1500 over another deal I had lined up.....if they could have matched it I was going to go with them. Regardless, this is where I drove my first 135i and was immediately hooked on it

I have been there for service quite a few times and it is always a great experience. My 135i will be checked out for the HPFP in a few weeks, but I decided to schedule that appointment with the BMW Store instead because we bought my wife's 325xi from them. Either way, I've never had a bad experience with Sweeney.
'20 X3M / '09 135i M-Sport / '91 318i
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunny View Post
Nice to hear my local dealer is doing great with customer service! I'm glad they took care of you!

I tried to buy from Sweeney last year, but I guess times were a little different and they didn't offer me much of a deal. Their best price was $1500 over another deal I had lined up.....if they could have matched it I was going to go with them. Regardless, this is where I drove my first 135i and was immediately hooked on it

I have been there for service quite a few times and it is always a great experience. My 135i will be checked out for the HPFP in a few weeks, but I decided to schedule that appointment with the BMW Store instead because we bought my wife's 325xi from them. Either way, I've never had a bad experience with Sweeney.
go and talk to Jeff next time... AWESOME guy to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
mzem
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135, '05 Boxster S

UdubBadger - I had the almost the same experience when I bought my 135. While I went the preowned route, the sales experience that I received from Jeff at Sweeney BMW was the same. It was easily the best car buying experience in my lifetime. He picked me up at the Dayton airport. After we arrived in town, we took the car out for a few minutes. Jeff went over quite a few features on the car, some of which I'm sure I forgot. After that, I was on the road back to the Twin Cities for an 11 hour drive.

The only complaints that I had the whole trip, was the sheer number of WI troopers keeping drivers close to that 65 MPH limit on I-90. I swear they were spaced apart every 5 miles between Madision and Eau Claire. It was nice to be able to do 80-85 MPH on the interstate once I crossed over the Wisconsin border into Minnesota.
      05-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #5
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzem View Post
UdubBadger - I had the almost the same experience when I bought my 135. While I went the preowned route, the sales experience that I received from Jeff at Sweeney BMW was the same. It was easily the best car buying experience in my lifetime. He picked me up at the Dayton airport. After we arrived in town, we took the car out for a few minutes. Jeff went over quite a few features on the car, some of which I'm sure I forgot. After that, I was on the road back to the Twin Cities for an 11 hour drive.

The only complaints that I had the whole trip, was the sheer number of WI troopers keeping drivers close to that 65 MPH limit on I-90. I swear they were spaced apart every 5 miles between Madision and Eau Claire. It was nice to be able to do 80-85 MPH on the interstate once I crossed over the Wisconsin border into Minnesota.
Wow, how did you hear about them or was it just by chance?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
mzem
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135, '05 Boxster S

Quote:
Wow, how did you hear about them or was it just by chance?
It was just by chance. I wanted a low milage 135 with either a Savanna Beige or Terracotta interior with sport package, and heated seats. The fact that it was black (either Jet or Sapphire) was icing on the cake.
      05-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
cool. Yeah Jeff was fantastic. I will be going back to him for my next one as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
mr29
Rep
Drives: 4door

hmm ill keep this in mind
Appreciate 0