08-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #111
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post
I would LOVE to take my 1M on European road trip. I mean I would do bad things to get a chance to carve up those amazing roads!

The U.S. is huge and has tons of great roads that I've barely begun to explore. But without a doubt, if you have one shot to drive a road here, I'd recommend the Pacific Coast Highway up and down the coast of California. Second would be the Blue Ridge Parkway then up through Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, and New Hampshire during the fall when the leaves are changing. Both, for me right now, the best drives there are in the U.S.
just had to cancel plans to drive to california for BMW CCA ofest .. just not enough time with all the driving and just a week..... will have to reschedule.. thanks for the reminder that this country also has some beautiful sights..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 02:42 AM   #112
micma18
Registered
Denmark
Rep
Drives: Suzuki Swift

Quote:
I would LOVE to take my 1M on European road trip. I mean I would do bad things to get a chance to carve up those amazing roads!

The U.S. is huge and has tons of great roads that I've barely begun to explore. But without a doubt, if you have one shot to drive a road here, I'd recommend the Pacific Coast Highway up and down the coast of California. Second would be the Blue Ridge Parkway then up through Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, and New Hampshire during the fall when the leaves are changing. Both, for me right now, the best drives there are in the U.S.
Pacific Coast Highway, is this Highway 1 ?

Actually I made serious plans before, to drive on this from San Francisco, to LA. And maybe back through some inland route. But I haven’t got around to it yet. :-( 
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 02:59 AM   #113
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Yep. California State highway 1. If going inland, you'll definitely want to check out the wine county, like Sonoma. Some great roads and scenery. Also, driving to and through Yosimite and Sequoia national parks.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #114
micma18
Registered
Denmark
Rep
Drives: Suzuki Swift

re

Quote:
Yep. California State highway 1. If going inland, you'll definitely want to check out the wine county, like Sonoma. Some great roads and scenery. Also, driving to and through Yosimite and Sequoia national parks.
wow, just checking out some of the Photos on Google earth, from sequoia and yosimite. Iam afraid I have to rent a car for a month or so ;-) so many great stretches of roads it looks like...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #115
mcx_
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupe, 991 50th edition

Hey Sergeremi, I read this thread soon after you posted it. Am based in the UK but occasionally in the USA. We are spending some time in Kiawah Island in April then driving from there via Asheville, North along the BRP and spending a couple of days in Washington DC before flying home. Sadly won't have my 1m to drive, so it looks like a dull rental car for the trip. Thanks for the inspiration, looking forward to driving it.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 08:10 PM   #116
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Hey man, thanks for pulling this thread up again! I walked through all the pics again, such good memories. I need to get to planning a West Coast trip.

Enjoy your time on the road. Too bad you won't have the 1M, but still a fun drive. Definitely explore Ashville a bit. What a great bunch a people there. A really nice place.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #117
Ringer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ms

This trip must have been an incredible experience!

Thanks for sharing.

Appreciate 0