BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-23-2015, 07:49 PM   #23
m cpe
Rep
Drives: 1M-VO,M coupe, e30:325is,325iX

enjoy

Congrats and enjoy! I own an e30 (with a performance chip), M coupe, and a 1M. Although I luv each, the 1M is a more aggressive animal than the M coupe.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 08:26 PM   #24
smq42
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 1m coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauting
You can stream music on iOS via bluetooth as I have mine setup.

I am running iOS 8.3 and works with apple's music app and spotify.

If I recall correctly you go to the multimedia menu and there is an option to output music via Bluetooth (I'll pop into my car later tonight and hopefully write the steps down).

Congrats and enjoy.
Congrats to OP as well. I'm biased but I also love my BSM 1M--it flies under the radar of most people, including the local constabulary! But, I still get lots of thumbs up from enthusiasts who recognize it.

I had a funny experience streaming iOS music via Bluetooth. Back when I had the iPhone 5S, it worked perfectly. I upgraded to the iPhone 6 and the music went away. I put the car away for the winter and Lo and Behold, the Bluetooth music was back when I got the car out and re-paired the phone this spring! I assume there was an iOS update or patch in the interim (no BMW software updates as car has not been to dealer in the interim).

IEDEI, my suggestion is that you delete your phone from the car and delete the car from the phone and then try pairing it again like a new phone.
?13 E70 X5
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 10:01 PM   #25
ronster
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

I don't have iDrive can I still set up to stream music thru bt?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 11:39 PM   #26
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronster View Post
I don't have iDrive can I still set up to stream music thru bt?
Not without some homework:

OEM: Was not originally offered by BMW NA, but there is a quite involved retrofit of the combox (trunk) and MOST-bus (if you don't have HK Audio yet) and then you would have the OEM BT-audio streaming, through your professional radio.

Aftermarket; As long as your Phone is cradled in sight, it would allow you to stream and control just fine. (Both work with Idrive too):
- An elegant solution is the Harman Kardon BTA 10 Bluetooth receiver. It should fit in the under armrest pocket and would neatly connect to the local USB (power) and Aux-In.
- Very cheap, cheerfull and fully worthy of the 'stripper' qualification is this little device: Cheap BT Audio Streaming device.

Last edited by eeghie; 07-24-2015 at 12:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 05:26 PM   #27
Shroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M, 2012 X5M, AMG E 63 S Wagon

Enjoy the ride! Where did you buy the car from? They are a blast and best car I've ever owned (save my 4runner but thats a different beast). I echo others here and that the biggest item to be aware of is power delivery…the switch flips quick and you have to respect it and understand it. Couple hundred miles and you figure it out…don't disable the electronic nannies all the way for a bit. Lot's of nightmare stories there. Have a blast and welcome to the club!!!!

Send us pics of the road trip!

-Shroom
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 10:20 PM   #28
LukeM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

I too had the M Coupe (Estoril Blue)......what a great car!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 10:42 PM   #29
Cursed1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Lots of them

Picked the car up this afternoon after a combination of eight hours in the air, three flights, ugh...

The car is in excellent shape for being four years old. It's a great power delivery, awesome handling, dealer just put fresh tires on it which really seems to help out.

I picked the car up from up state NY. There's a thread about here somewhere 4-5 months back talking about the car. Its a two, now three owner car. I was able to get the cars dealer history, service and basically all records. The price was neg to a reasonable outcome for both parties. The car was cpo'd which added to my confidence in the car.

I am 300 miles into my 2k mile trip home. Tomorrow's going to be a long day!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 10:48 PM   #30
Cursed1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ps, IOS 8 or what ever I run on my ip6+ is able to stream bluetooth music just fine.

Did you guys know your car will play DVD's on the NAV? Mine does Or so the dealership tech guy indicted... tomorrow my wife plans on watching a few redbox's on the way to Tn.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2015, 10:59 PM   #31
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
I would put painters or track tape on the front for that long of a drive...and if you roll past Huntsville, Al., let me know and ill roll out to greet you.
      07-25-2015, 12:15 AM   #32
Shroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M, 2012 X5M, AMG E 63 S Wagon

Savor the trip..you'll remember it and tell stories about it for the rest of your life! Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2015, 06:48 PM   #33
Cursed1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
I would put painters or track tape on the front for that long of a drive...and if you roll past Huntsville, Al., let me know and ill roll out to greet you.
Rik,

I'll hit you up if we head that direction. Wont be until Monday as we are taking a day in Nashville tomorrow.

I covered the hood, front fenders and some of the front bumper with painters tape. Seems like the bugs don't want to stick the painters tape, the area that nots covered has its fare share of bugs all over it.

938 miles into the trip so far. The car has been impressive so far.
Appreciate 0