BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-01-2009, 09:26 AM   #89
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxMLEExXx View Post
So..i got the kit in the mail yesterday and installed it.
I can't seem to get the rings to even out like the pics.
Is there a trick to it? I've twist and turned, but the outside rings I can't
get it even.
Post pics if you can. Did you make sure that when the lights are locked, they are facing sideways? I noticed that depending on the angle your looking at, they look brighter and/or dimmer. Also the inside rings are supposed to be brighter than the outside rings, thats how they are stock at least.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 09:30 AM   #90
LemansE82
Formally known as xXxMLEExXx.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacE82 View Post
Post pics if you can. Did you make sure that when the lights are locked, they are facing sideways? I noticed that depending on the angle your looking at, they look brighter and/or dimmer. Also the inside rings are supposed to be brighter than the outside rings, thats how they are stock at least.
Not sure what you mean by facing sideways, I can't see the bulb once it's in. I twist it until it can go anymore, is there a click or something I should be feeling?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #91
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Not sure what you mean by facing sideways, I can't see the bulb once it's in. I twist it until it can go anymore, is there a click or something I should be feeling?
When you put the lights in, the two LEDs on the lights should be facing up and down so when you lock it in place by twisting it, the two LEDs are facing sideways. When I first installed it, I had locked it and the LEDs were facing up and down, so I changed it, and it made a huge difference.

Look at the lights when you are putting them in, make sure the LEDs are facing up and down because when you turn it to lock them, they have to be sideways. Also, if you look at the inside rings, you can kind of see where the light is coming from (either top and bottom, or left and right side)

Hope that helps..and makes sense haha
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #92
LemansE82
Formally known as xXxMLEExXx.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacE82 View Post
When you put the lights in, the two LEDs on the lights should be facing up and down so when you lock it in place by twisting it, the two LEDs are facing sideways. When I first installed it, I had locked it and the LEDs were facing up and down, so I changed it, and it made a huge difference.

Look at the lights when you are putting them in, make sure the LEDs are facing up and down because when you turn it to lock them, they have to be sideways. Also, if you look at the inside rings, you can kind of see where the light is coming from (either top and bottom, or left and right side)

Hope that helps..and makes sense haha
Facing up and down while putting it in...I'll try that. I thought it could only go in one way. I'll play with it again...thanks..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #93
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Facing up and down while putting it in...I'll try that. I thought it could only go in one way. I'll play with it again...thanks..
Yeah I thought that too. But when I saw how dim they were and remembered how good the OP's looked, I thought I'd change it, because it didn't even look like the outside rings were lit up at all, so then I thought well I wonder if the LED's should be facing sideways, sure enough, it worked. I think it can twist two ways, but just do your best to make sure that either way, the LED's are facing sideways when its locked. Thats what I did. Let me know if it works!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 12:36 PM   #94
scorcherjf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Still haven't received mine yet =(

I called them and they said I should get them by saturday since all of the orders they "messed up" have been shipped out, but they didn't bother looking up my order to give me a tracking number. Their customer service definitely needs improvement...
      05-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #95
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorcherjf View Post
Still haven't received mine yet =(

I called them and they said I should get them by saturday since all of the orders they "messed up" have been shipped out, but they didn't bother looking up my order to give me a tracking number. Their customer service definitely needs improvement...

It took 2 1/2 weeks for my order....
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 03:47 PM   #96
leemik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LRP M3 Coupe

Garage List
2020 Acura NSX  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [9.50]
Got mine in about 4 business days

Soooo easy to install.. Put them in and they seem rather dim.. not as bright as stock.. I played with the placement too.. It seems that there are like 2 different positions it can be locked into.. One of the positions created a hot spot on one of my rings.. so i pulled it out slightly and dialed it into another position.. Light seems even now but overall kinda dim :/ not sure I like it as the bright sun light seems to wash it out.. also I dunno if it's my imagination but it seems to get dimmer when you have it on for a while too.. but let it cool down and it's somewhat bright again.

--mike
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2009, 02:36 AM   #97
135iowner
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i / 1M on order

installed these lights and for some reason one is brighter than the other. I have them both facing sideways. Now the light occasssionally turns yellow and then goes back to white??? anybody else have this problem?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #98
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

ok, apparently this isnt efx's brand (thats all i can say for now, i will post a new AE solution soon for cheaper
Appreciate 0