BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
TitoSkulls
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i

Is this Sedona Red?

Is the car in these pictures Sedona red? I just assumed it was since the color looked too metallic to be Crimson. If these are Sedona red, I think these are definitely some of the best pictures of this color so far. Perhaps worthy of the Official Colors thread even?

These reassure me that I made the right decision on my color choice.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/c...m-sport-coupe/

Attached Images

02-02-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
asv
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Thats Sedona. I actually like Sedona, unlike the many Sedona haters on this forum. If I wasn't set on getting coral red interior, I would go w/ Sedona and Black leather.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

That photo is so overly color saturated, that it doesn't give the remotest hint of Sedona.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #4
edge350
Junior Cheeseburger
Rep
Drives:

"Sedona Red is a darker, richer color than represented in pictures. I'd take a pic, look down at the digital image, then look back up at the car...not the same. Not the color for me, but much nicer than I'd expected."
That's what I wrote about three weeks ago.
Here's the thread about the Detroit autoshow, which has some of the most representative pics of Sedona Red, in my opinion. A number of addicts weighed in on the color during that thread.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3554

Crimson Red/Terra 135i, delivered 4/19/08, traded in 9/8/08. Recovering addict, still a fan.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #5
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

^wow I think the sedona looks great in those pics!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 09:56 AM   #6
TerpENME
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I dig Sedona Red on the coupe because it reminds me of the red Volvo C70 from that movie The Saint with Val Kilmer. Blah car, blah movie... but I was young when I saw it so it was cool at the time.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 04:19 AM   #7
Convertible
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
^wow I think the sedona looks great in those pics!
Yep, and that's the only place it does that! In real life it's it sucks bad..

And that pic looks like it had the candy treatment.
E30 M3 Convertible
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 04:23 AM   #8
pumaknight
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Currently Seat Leon Cupra FR

HEY!! Sedona Red does not suck bad.......

Your sincerely

Mr Defensive Sedona Red owner :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 05:09 AM   #9
ipp
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2016 M135i

That's Arne Jacobsen's (the designer) famous petrol station north of Copenhagen.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 12:40 PM   #10
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Having seen Sedona on the car whilst it was indoors in natural lighting (i.e. dealers showroom floor), this picture gives a closer feel for the colour as I remember it. The colour just above the drivers side rear wheel, is the closest colour in this pic, but the dealer says that it does look Red in sunlight.

"But don't be surprised if you completely forget about your passengers when driving this car. You will be mesmerised by the feel of the fat, well-weighted steering wheel in your hands, the sound from the specially tuned exhaust, and the in-gear acceleration that will have you grinning like a loon...." TopCar magazine (SA)
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 08:15 PM   #11
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA135i View Post
Having seen Sedona on the car whilst it was indoors in natural lighting (i.e. dealers showroom floor), this picture gives a closer feel for the colour as I remember it. The colour just above the drivers side rear wheel, is the closest colour in this pic, but the dealer says that it does look Red in sunlight.

Dud call me weird, but I actually want Sedona to look like that!!!

Check these out, this was on someone's Flickr page from the Welt!

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #12
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

A Sedona Red reality check is needed here!

I had originally had my 135i on order in Sedona Red until, thankfully, I saw it at an auto show. Most pictures are quite distorted, especially on BMW's own website! You must see the car in person to really know what it looks like. I was quite shocked, because I wanted the car to look similar to the BMW website pirctures, but it wasn't even close.

The BMW factory reps that were at the show were not that impressed with the Sedona Red, and advised ordering Alpine, Silver, Gray, or Black.

Trust me, it is not like the pics at all. I do hope that everyone that ordered it likes it, but I expect that many will be very surprised at just how different it really is from any of the pics. Again, hopefully it is a pleasant surprise, but I doubt that can be possible for everyone. Some will be happy and others will be disappointed.

These are the closest to real life I have seen, but are still not completely accurate...

I truly hope this is helpful.

TagMan
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 03:02 AM   #13
pumaknight
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Currently Seat Leon Cupra FR

I still like it....does nobody else like it????

At least I will be unique in the 1er clan.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 06:33 AM   #14
Convertible
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA135i View Post

Yep, it looks like a light coloured brick (or a little orange), just like in this pic!

Some like it some dont. So there's no question about that, but the fact is that it looks different in real life than in pic's..

Altought I've only seen it in showroom, and those lights can make paints look different that in real light, so go figure??
E30 M3 Convertible
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 07:44 AM   #15
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumaknight View Post

I still like it, :headbang: so you won't be that unique. :biggrin:

I must admit that I was very nervous after having ordered it sight unseen and seeing the reactions as reported here by other Addicts, but I am very happy with the colour now that I have seen it.

The main reason that I changed (as I was going to initially follow the crowd here and go AW) is that I felt that this car is going to be a "cult" car for BMW and I would not do justice to it by going the staid/conservative route of taking white/black/silver like most other BMWs on the road. It deserves to stand out from the crowd, and like it or loathe it, it will create a reaction whereas the standard colours will blend into the surroundings and be seen as just another BMW. Much like the e46 M3 when it was first launched, IMO "needed" to be ordered in either Phoenix Yellow or that Smurf Blue (Laguna Seca I think it was).

As I have mentioned in other posts (pardon me for harping on) but when I saw a Sedona Red and Sapphire Black side by side, the black looked very plain to me whereas the Sedona definately stood out and the colour accentuates what I feel are the very good lines of this car. If one does not like the lines, then by all means go Black or another dark colour as it will certainly disguise the car.

I have also seen the LeMans Blue and that was also very nice, but I have already had a few blue cars over the years, so I also went for what I felt would be unique, but I believe that the 3 135's that my dealer has spec'ed out so far have all been Sedona
"But don't be surprised if you completely forget about your passengers when driving this car. You will be mesmerised by the feel of the fat, well-weighted steering wheel in your hands, the sound from the specially tuned exhaust, and the in-gear acceleration that will have you grinning like a loon...." TopCar magazine (SA)
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #16
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumaknight View Post

You're not alone. I probably won't order it but I really like this colour.
Appreciate 0