BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
Big1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 Sedona Red 135i

Recall or no Recall?

I went onto BMW's website, and sent an inquiry regarding the 08 135, since I purchased it used. In my inquiry, I asked them if there were any recalls for my vehicle, gave them my VIN, and got a prompt response back saying there isn't any recalls for my model. Am I missing something here? I've read so much about the HPFP failing and that there's been recalls done, but them saying there isn't any, kind of confuses me.

How would I know if they're just BS'ing me. I'm just worried that it begins to fail once I'm out of warranty. Is there anyway that I can get this kind of info for a used car?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
BucksCty135i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 LeMans Blue 135i M Sport

Perhaps what they meant was that all recalls had been completed on your vehicle, so no OPEN recalls?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksCty135i View Post
Perhaps what they meant was that all recalls had been completed on your vehicle, so no OPEN recalls?
+1. That is what I think too. But it wouldn't hurt to register with BMW NA so you get written notice of any future recalls. Normally car makers put a mail in form iin the service or warranty books. Although I have not realy looked for it in my books.

I would also stop by a local BMW dealer to you and have them run your VIN and see if they have any open recalls. They should also give you a print out of your car's service history and any recall work that was performed.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

What Dack says

First, go to BMW dealer and ask if they would print out all maintenance records for the car. I got these for my car altho they came from the previous owner, not BMW. I think my 08 128 had recalls for a seat belt part and for tail lights. Also they had good will repair on the 3rd brake light. The 128 doesnot have the same HPFP. You'll want to get up to speed on your HPFP because I think they are very expensive to replace out of warranty. A google of Canadian Automotive Safety Recalls might help. If you were ever faced with an expensive HPFP repair, I think a visit to Small Claims Court would push BMW Canada to repair at no cost because BMW USA has issued a recall and warranty for 10 years.
Appreciate 0