BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

HP Autowerks || PSi 'Raceline'(Ohlins Dampers) BMW E82 1M suspension system (2-way)

Performance Shock's new Raceline suspension system for BMW E82 1M or E9X M3! Features 36mm 'inverted' front struts and TTX36 rear dampers. This configuration is 2-way adjustable; 1-way compression and 1-way rebound (low speed for both). The inverted strut design, with large working cylinder diameter provides excellent lateral support while reducing friction. The rear utilizes the TTX36 inline (Non-C/O) or piggy (Race C/O). C/O rear kits are only recommended for cars with re-enforced shock towers, preferrably a caged vehicle. A major advantage with the TTX36 inline damper is the integral reservoir that makes it very compact and easy to package. No longer is the balancing of reservoir damping ("can stack") to main piston damping required to avoid cavitation. With no reservoir valve, the internal pressure of the damper unit will be kept to a minimum. The low amount of hysteresis results in excellent short stroke/high force performance. The Ohlins TTX range of shocks require very low gas pressure which considerably improves grip without any loss of damping performance. This is one of the best suspension package that you can install on your 1M or M3, period!
Key Kit Features:

* Extremely broad external adjustment range Front (20 clicks bump, 40 clicks rebound); Rear (22 clicks bump/rebound)
* Low internal friction
* Direct damping response / low N2 pressure
* Inverted 36mm front strut
* TTX36/ILX36 'piggyback reservoir' or 'inline' rear damper
* Easy to access external adjustments
* PSi EDC emulators available separately
* Adjustment tools included
* Includes Eibach ERS springs
* Ground Control Front Camber/Caster plates

***Note: this kit is intended for track use only***

Please contact HP Autowerks for more details on this kit.
Attached Images

Last edited by HP Autosport; 06-26-2012 at 01:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Thanks Harold! I am noob in suspension mod (in fact a virgin), so please excuse my silly questions.

Would it work for RHD without adjustments? How often do we need to rebuild and can most suspension shops do it? I am in Australia so sending it back is not really an option. I will be looking at doing up to 12 sessions in the coming year but also use as a DD. I also enjoy the car on backroads. Is the R&T may be a better option? Is there a blow-off version available and is there any advantages?

Do you know how it is different to the system the other member has been talking about?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Thanks Harold! I am noob in suspension mod (in fact a virgin), so please excuse my silly questions.

Would it work for RHD without adjustments? How often do we need to rebuild and can most suspension shops do it? I am in Australia so sending it back is not really an option. I will be looking at doing up to 12 sessions in the coming year but also use as a DD. I also enjoy the car on backroads. Is the R&T may be a better option? Is there a blow-off version available and is there any advantages?

Do you know how it is different to the system the other member has been talking about?
This is a track only system, not meant for street use. If you car sees street duty the Road and track will be better suited for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Damn, that looks sweet!

Want to lend it to me for next year's One Lap?

Neil
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '69 GT3, GT4, 1M, 912

Quote:
How often do we need to rebuild and can most suspension shops do it?
PSI recommends 40k km or ~1 year rebuilds on the rears. Ohlins suggests 50k km rebuilds. "Most" suspension shops don't rebuild shocks, but you'll have plenty of places in Aus that can do these.

Quote:
Differences are TBD, but the rebuild frequency is likely similar. I expect the other setup to be cheaper, and I expect it won't use a TTX damper for the rear, which may mean it has slightly less adjustment range. Just educated speculation on my part, however. We should know more this time next week.
      06-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDORPHN View Post
Damn, that looks sweet!

Want to lend it to me for next year's One Lap?

Neil
Neil,

If you are still interested in this kit for next year's One Lap, PM or email me.

Harold
Appreciate 0