BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-26-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
TMR013
Opus Angelus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 Coupe

Just Curious

What are you guys being told who are going into the dealers ready to order the 1M?

Not the guys who already have orders, or have had deposits in since the first rumor. Just curious because it looks like some of the threads are saying dealers are turning away people with money in their hands.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
Ky1M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Z3-M///Coupe ,AW1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR013 View Post
What are you guys being told who are going into the dealers ready to order the 1M?

Not the guys who already have orders, or have had deposits in since the first rumor. Just curious because it looks like some of the threads are saying dealers are turning away people with money in their hands.
I can say it's a good possibility that's happening for one I've had my deposit in since November . I am first on list an my dealer has my allocation in October . I am told thats their only allocation for the year. I would turn you away or try to say the 135i will do you just fine.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
C'sM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i xdrive wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR013 View Post

I went to my dealership (Hendrick BMW Charlotte, NC) on last Thursday to ask them about availability. I told them I was looking for ED of mid to late July. They emailed BMWNA ED division and the next day they called me and said that there was still availability for ED in July and that all I needed to do was put in my order and deposit. I went in Friday afternoon and put my deposit down!

Now this being said, I am dealing with a sales man and I know he wants to get as many sales as possible. The dealership I'm dealing is the only one in Charlotte and sells A LOT of BMW's; therefore, they will get a larger allocation of 1M's than many other dealerships. Furthermore, they have strong relationship with BMWNA which i feel helps as well. They said they had 5 orders in front of me and that my order would come out of there June allocation. I know they haven't even gotten their May allocation much less their June allocation but we shall see. The dealership feels very confident I will get my car when I want it. Only time will tell?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'sM3 View Post
I know they haven't even gotten their May allocation much less their June allocation but we shall see.
I don't want to rain on your parade, but if your dealership's timeline for you/your ED really come through, it would be quite incredible.

The fact that they have not gotten a single allocation yet would be your biggest cause for concern. That would mean they get 6 allocations between now and June. Considering that no dealership (that I'm aware of) has ever got more than a single allocation (and 90% have gotten zero), it seems like a stretch.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
C'sM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I understand your point and am not trying to a blind fool but I am just stating what they have said to me. Like I said before they are the only BMW dealership in charlotte which a fairly large city (700,000 pop. with over 1,000,000 in surrounding area). I think this is a pretty rare situation for a dealership? My point being, they have good amount of pull with BMWNA. But like I said in my original post, only time will tell? I'll keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I don't want to rain on your parade, b iut if your dealership's timeline for you/your ED really come through, it would be quite incredible.

The fact that they have not gotten a single allocation yet would be your biggest cause for concern. That would mean they get 6 allocations between now and June. Considering that no dealership (that I'm aware of) has ever got more than a single allocation (and 90% have gotten zero), it seems like a stretch.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #6
C'sM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't want to rain on your parade, but if your dealership's timeline for you/your ED really come through, it would be quite incredible.

Furthermore,

There are approximately 350 BMW dealerships in the US and if what you're saying is correct there have only been 35 cars allocated to the US since production started. If you are correct that seems very low? If you tally just the guys that have production numbers or are scheduled for delivery on this forum alone I think you would easily be in the double digits if not close to 20-30 1M's. My point being I believe there more 1M's in the pipeline than what you are saying.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #7
Red135
La Flama Blanca
Rep
Drives: 1-series

Quote:
Furthermore,

There are approximately 350 BMW dealerships in the US and if what you're saying is correct there have only been 35 cars allocated to the US since production started. If you are correct that seems very low? If you tally just the guys that have production numbers or are scheduled for delivery on this forum alone I think you would easily be in the double digits if not close to 20-30 1M's. My point being I believe there more 1M's in the pipeline than what you are saying.
A large percentage of the people with production numbers or scheduled delivery are outside the US.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #8
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red135 View Post
A large percentage of the people with production numbers or scheduled delivery are outside the US.
Yes indeed, very true and sadly enough for you guys overthere
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Furthermore,

If we're going by what folks are reporting here, just a handful of people have received production numbers in the US. Extrapolate out for the people not visiting the forum, along with information from our members who call around to their area dealers and are told "no we don't have any production", etc., and I still think US allocation (so far) is still under 50 cars.

If we use ~600 as total US allocation through the end of the year, a likely distribution scenario could be:

March-April: <50
May: 75
June: 75
July: 75
August:75
Sept:75
Oct:75
Nov: 75
Dec: 50

So for any one dealer to get 6 out of 75 for the month, it just seems a bit of a stretch. I do hope you are successful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red135 View Post
Yep.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #10
orange flash
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 135

I have a 1m at VPC Brunswick. My dealership,Braman Miami,has two built cars. The GM told me one hour ago that he has 8 deposits on the 1m but does not have any allocations. Braman is the biggest single point dealership in the US.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #11
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 01 M5, 23 X5 45e

Quote:
I understand your point and am not trying to a blind fool but I am just stating what they have said to me. Like I said before they are the only BMW dealership in charlotte which a fairly large city (700,000 pop. with over 1,000,000 in surrounding area). I think this is a pretty rare situation for a dealership? My point being, they have good amount of pull with BMWNA. But like I said in my original post, only time will tell? I'll keep you posted.
Good luck. It remains to be seen how much pull they have. From what I understand, the ED dept will not confirm a delivery date until you have a production number. I got my production number on March 10th and the earliest ED available was about 90 days away.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #12
671rover
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '94 D90, '95 D90 SW, '11 VO 1M

I have a friend who contacted a number of dealers and got 3 dealers with allocations still available for production dates this month or next. Either the dealer is bs ing and trying to get as many people locked in with a deposit as possible or it's just available. We will find out once he puts in the order.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #13
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
If we're going by what folks are reporting here, just a handful of people have received production numbers in the US. Extrapolate out for the people not visiting the forum, along with information from our members who call around to their area dealers and are told "no we don't have any production", etc., and I still think US allocation (so far) is still under 50 cars.

If we use ~600 as total US allocation through the end of the year, a likely distribution scenario could be:

March-April: <50
May: 75
June: 75
July: 75
August:75
Sept:75
Oct:75
Nov: 75
Dec: 50

So for any one dealer to get 6 out of 75 for the month, it just seems a bit of a stretch. I do hope you are successful!

Yep.

A dealer rep I spoke with three weeks ago said 56 cars have been sold. I think your numbers look pretty good. I can't see many dealers getting 6 for the year... let alone in a couple of months... with roughly 350 dealers around the country, and each getting one car, that means the next 250 get spread pretty thin... Even if only 50 of the 350 are "power dealers"... then that would mean that each of those 50 would get 5 additional cars...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 06:20 PM   #14
mose121
Humanist
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP/F31 330i M Sport

New allocations become available April 29th.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #15
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

I recently went to a dealership in NJ, just asking when they'd get a 1M just to look at.

First thing the salesman said was "they're sold out" and i asked, for good? they're all spoken for? and he said yes...? I asked when they'll be in just to see (my original question), and he said in a few weeks.. seems like he's misinformed

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 05:37 AM   #16
urban_alchemist
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

I had a deposit down here in Tel-Aviv since the car was soft-launched. I was told the car would be built in May and delivered in June.

Last week I got a phone call saying they couldn't get an allocation slot - the first time they've ever seen it happen. They said there was a good chance I wouldn't get a car.

After a lot of back scratching, they finally got one allocated - build June, delivery July. In their words: "There definitely won't be another one in Israel."
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #17
C'sM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

just recieved my allocation!

I just got a voice mail from my sa and he said that I just received an allocation with my name on it!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #18
C'sM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Hey!
I just wanted to let you all know my dealership did come through with the ED date I requested! I have a production number and delivery date! My sa said i was the 4th allocation they received. They had 2 allocations in April and just received 2 for May. If you all are having difficulty getting an allocation from your dealership I recommend giving them a call. They have come through with everything they promised. They are honoring the ED price and will honor the msrp if you do not do ED. The dealership is Hendrick BMW of Charlotte
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #19
hollysmac
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Bmw 228xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
I have a car waiting in NJ. xxx13 built 3/8/11. It will be released whenever. I have a 4 broken bones in my foot and a cham walker (removed when I drive) so on both counts I just have to be patient.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #20
ES BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollysmac View Post
I have a car waiting in NJ. xxx13 built 3/8/11. It will be released whenever. I have a 4 broken bones in my foot and a cham walker (removed when I drive) so on both counts I just have to be patient.
Ouch! I had a single broken bone in my left foot and couldn't push the clutch pedal for 2 months. I hope you heal before your car arrives!
      05-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #21
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

I put $$ down in February, I was told yesterday my deposit is being refunded because my dealer cannot get an increase in allocation.
      05-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #22
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESC OFF View Post
I put $$ down in February, I was told yesterday my deposit is being refunded because my dealer cannot get an increase in allocation.
Try getting in touch with BMWBlog, they may be able to put you onto a dealer with an available allocation

http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/04/29/lo...w-dealerships/
Appreciate 0