BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #89
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Jez are these 1M spares you sold me legit?

JK

Can't wait to see the finished result Shane! I've got some plans of my own but am waiting to see your wheels before I make the call which way to go
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #90
kjmez
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer View Post
I've just got in the back of Lee's spray shop, I've got loads of bits for a 1M for sale including some rather nice 1M mats. Any offers
I'll take the callipers please Jez. It will save me the bother of putting the decals on myself...... hold on, cancel the order - on second thoughts, I think it may be more of a pain to switch the callipers. I'll take the spoiler instead if you throw in the black kidney and side grills.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #91
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Back off people, no dibs, it's all staying in one piece

I just received a a picture text of some of my interior removed (centre console, centre dash surrounds, steering wheel inner surround etc), not exactly what you want to see on a new car lol

But the good thing is, the wheels are off and being prep'd .....
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #92
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
Back off people, no dibs, it's all staying in one piece

I just received a a picture text of some of my interior removed (centre console, centre dash surrounds, steering wheel inner surround etc), not exactly what you want to see on a new car lol

But the good thing is, the wheels are off and being prep'd .....
I thought you were just having the wheels done Shane? What colour are you having the other bits sprayed?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #93
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Piano black Chris, just thought the interior could do with a bit of jazzing up and I am not game enough to start throwing alpine white about lol
My last couple of cars had piano black and it seemed to give the interior a little bit more style rather than an all matt/satin finish........
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #94
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

That sounds like its going to look good! Can't wait to see the finished result at the weekend!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 03:46 AM   #95
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Jez has seen the interior bits painted & lacquered when he dropped over there yesterday, shouldn't be long before they are refitted back in the car, wheels should be back on by Friday, then it is off to Forge on Monday....
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 04:26 AM   #96
Dirty Tool
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Stunning car...looks great.

Where is that car park in the first post?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 04:47 AM   #97
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks mate

It's my basement garage under my apartment .......
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #98
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Jez has seen the interior bits painted & lacquered when he dropped over there yesterday, shouldn't be long before they are refitted back in the car, wheels should be back on by Friday, then it is off to Forge on Monday....
Oooh what are you doing at Forge on Monday? They contacted me as they wanted to make an Intercooler for my car, but after speaking to DMS, it was decided not to go ahead.

According to DMS, the forge intercooler for the 335i / 135i is good, but the 1M already has a bigger intercooler as standard, so it is not restricting power on the 1M as the exhaust side of the turbo(s) is quite small (so the standard intercooler is perfect for the job).

DMS suggested that they didn't think it will gain me any power as they monitored air intake temps on the dyno and they were not very high.

Anyway, that's assuming you're going there for an intercooler which you may not be
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #99
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

That is exactly why I am heading up there, my mate is sponsored by them for Time Attack and they asked if they could measure up and try on for size, just had to tee up a time and I am free Monday, not planning many engine mods myself so the cooler they give me may come in handy should I decide to head back to Aus and take the 1M with us, for now my next step will be chassie improvements, just awaiting the KW DDC ECU coilover kit....

Last edited by Aussie_in_London; 01-24-2012 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #100
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post
Oooh what are you doing at Forge on Monday? They contacted me as they wanted to make an Intercooler for my car, but after speaking to DMS, it was decided not to go ahead.

According to DMS, the forge intercooler for the 335i / 135i is good, but the 1M already has a bigger intercooler as standard, so it is not restricting power on the 1M as the exhaust side of the turbo(s) is quite small (so the standard intercooler is perfect for the job).

DMS suggested that they didn't think it will gain me any power as they monitored air intake temps on the dyno and they were not very high.

Anyway, that's assuming you're going there for an intercooler which you may not be
Sorry for the thread hijack...just don't want people having information that is not 100% correct.

The 135i/335i and 1M have exactly the same Intercooler - it is the same part number. It is no bigger on the 1M.

1M

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...78&hg=17&fg=05

135i

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...78&hg=17&fg=05

IAT's are significantly higher on the 1M (most other tuners including Cobb have found this) than the 135i so there are definite benefits of an improved intercooler.

OP looking forward to your views on the KW V3 EDC when you get it.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #101
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Not the best of pics and the car needs a quick wash to remove todays road grime, will get some better shots shortly.....after their first clean and a coat or two of jetseal.

Thanks to my mate Lee @ www.crashcarecentre.com

Anyways,

hyper black wheels

Last edited by Aussie_in_London; 01-29-2012 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #102
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Piano black

Last edited by Aussie_in_London; 01-28-2012 at 04:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #103
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
That will come about at some stage, still only 900miles on the clock and need to hit 1200 for the run in service, first up performance mod appears to have hit a fail for now, KW DDC ECU adjustable coilovers, I have 4mm bumper clearance entering my garage on stock ride height, shame the HLS kit does not fit the 1M as I could do with the ride height adjustability at the touch of a button......... Now looking at ways of modifying my garage entrance to give me the clearance but am not planning of to molestering this car to much as I don't feel it needs for road use, instead i will continue throwing more £ at my track day car.
KW V3 DDC is high on my list as well. What is your source for HLS not fitting 1M? This links suggests that V3 DDC is compatible with HLS. http://www.kw-suspensions.eu/int/kw_...Id=4374&Page=0

Looking forward to your V3 DDC review
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #104
kjmez
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Love the wheels fella!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #105
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
KW V3 DDC is high on my list as well. What is your source for HLS not fitting 1M? This links suggests that V3 DDC is compatible with HLS. http://www.kw-suspensions.eu/int/kw_...Id=4374&Page=0

Looking forward to your V3 DDC review
Source re HLS kit is my mate who is the MD of KW UK, and to be honest I could have really done with the HLS kit as i have approx 5 mill front bumper clearance getting into my garage, now I have to go about doing some sort of modification to the entrance to my garage if I am to do any chassie modifications ........ Yes HLS & DDC are compatible but there is just not enough clearance between the front strut and wheel, even just the DDC strut may require a minimum 5mm spacer. When the kit becomes available we will be taking the car over to Germany for fitment and setup.

Last edited by Aussie_in_London; 01-28-2012 at 05:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #106
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmez View Post
Love the wheels fella!

Thanks mate, different angles give a different appearance. Need to give em a clean and seal and then get a few outdoor shots...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #107
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Source re HLS kit is my mate who is the MD of KW UK, and to be honest I could have really done with the HLS kit as i have approx 5 mill front bumper clearance getting into my garage, now I have to go about doing some sort of modification to the entrance to my garage if I am to do any chassie modifications ........ Yes HLS & DDC are compatible but there is just not enough clearance between the front strut and wheel, even just the DDC strut may require a minimum 5mm spacer. When the kit becomes available we will be taking the car over to Germany for fitment and setup.
What is the ETA on your DDC set? Are you going with the default 3 fixed settings/button or also Ipod ctrl?

You hang with good peeps!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #108
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

There is one pre prod kit getting about on a 1M in Germany, full production kits are due Apr/May, so once available we will sort out and yep will be going the bluetooth ecu, the app is available now to upload, easy to use and allows you to store an addition 5 personal settings or you can adjust front & rear axle as you wish, the button for the 3 pre set (comfort, sport & sport+) looks good fitted in the 12v socket so if you have the front ashtray the button can be hidden away until called for .......

Technology hey
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #109
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Both the wheels (u know I love that colour) and the piano black interior details are great, well done.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #110
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmez View Post
Love the wheels fella!
+1 tasteful mods, looking forward to seeing the car in person at the ace cafe meet.

Might have a surprise or 2 for you guys with my 1M by then if i can ever get away from work
Appreciate 0