BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
one30five
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Forge DV malfunctions after cobb install??

Over the summer I installed a Pure stage 1 and VTT forge DV. I was running JB4 & back end and experienced no issues at all. Meanwhile, my buddy who installed the pure s1 and Forge DV, who was running cobb, was having all sorts of issues with the DV fluttering on lift and P2C90 codes.

I have recently moved to cobb from jb4. And on my first attempts to pull logs I started hearing the fluttering of the DV upon lift and getting the P2C90 code.

I have checked all vacuum lines and put a test light on the harness and solenoid to ensure it has power. Keep in mind that NOTHING has changed on the car except the tune.

I can not think of a reason the DV would operate with JB4 and not cobb. but I can not ignore the fact that my buddy with the same set up had these same symptoms and ultimately gave up, and the fact that this DV has worked perfectly for months while using JB4.

Does anyone have any idea? Tony has told me to check all the lines, and I understand why. Im sure he has had plenty of people bitch and complain and it turn out to be an inproper install. but im 200% confident that my DV, Solenoid, and vacuum lines are hooked up properly.

Anyone experience this?
Royal Purple|Motul|Mann Filters|LUX
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #2
saace7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: OneThreeFive

I have COBB v3 and forge DV. Haven't had this exact issue but maybe something similar?

What color springs are you running?

I didn't have any codes but it seemed, performance wise, the green springs were not stiff enough to hold the pressure.

I started with yellow. Worked fine.
Tried green. Noticed it seemed it didn't hold the pressure sometimes on pulls.
An example would be. If I was making a pull, at 3-4k rpm it stopped pulling AS hard and when it came closer to 5k rpm, that bump of power was back.

changed back to yellow. seems to work again just fine.

this was also in the course of a week or two. Could of all been in my head but this is how it felt.

Not 100% sure but I think the COBB will boost up to 18-20lbs while jb4 stays around 17lbs. The little extra boost might be causing the DV to flutter. (this is FBO, no meth, stage 2+ with 93, AT)

Might be worth checking.

Also, check and make sure your AP is up to date with the latest firmware.

Last edited by saace7; 11-28-2014 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 02:52 PM   #3
one30five
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

my jb4 set up was with a pure stage 1 turbo and back end flash making 21psi without any DV symptoms.

I appreciate you sharing your experience thanks!
Royal Purple|Motul|Mann Filters|LUX
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #4
saace7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: OneThreeFive

Quote:
Originally Posted by one30five View Post
my jb4 set up was with a pure stage 1 turbo and back end flash making 21psi without any DV symptoms.

I appreciate you sharing your experience thanks!
Gotcha...

Hmm, that is odd.

I know you said you checked but I'd would give all my plugs, sensors, hoses, vac lines etc a 2nd look. I had a low boost code for a day and checked under my hood 3 times and couldn't figure it out... Sat down for an hour then all of a sudden it popped in my head I forgot to plug in a sensor and was golden.

GL to ya and if you figure it out, let us know!
Appreciate 0