BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-13-2015, 11:40 PM   #1
MakeItRaine
Recovering 1addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I'm not much for eloquence, but I thought I should write this to share with everyone. There have been a lot of options that I considered when selecting my upgrade in regards to the angel eyes (corona rings, DRLs, or what you may call them). Let me preface this by saying that while I am not always in the belief that lights, the solution is (brighter=better). That being said, the physics of our lights say that illumination cannot result in the outer lights being as equally bright as the inner rings. At least not without "surgically" disassembling the casing and inserting/retrofitting an new set of lights.

I'm not a big fan of HID's burning discoloration into my options. I love my lights. So I decided to forgo that option, since I plan to keep my 1 for awhile. I tried the halogen alternatives, thinking I could come up with an another solution. Result: NOT BRIGHT ENOUGH. Sorry, everyone. I know some people have coded their headlights to higher voltage, but I'm not comfortable with that. (Call me weird.) Thus I decided LED was the way to go.

I looked at several options. My decision was made by E92 Lighting's 128W claims. The post stated no flickering and extreme brightness ....I liked that. So I pulled the trigger on these 128W bulbs. I wasn't disappointed...but really the difference was customer service.

Derrick responded immediately and with courtesy. I was shocked. After getting mediocre service from most vendors, this was a welcome surprise. That being said, I am placing the pictures below. The drivers were easy to install behind the LED bulbs. They are slim, compact, and can be secured with double sided adhesive tape. (3M or Scotch, both will work). Note: MAKE SURE THESE ARE SECURE. I've heard of many adaptive headlight failures. Derrick also warned me that this was imperative to keeping the headlights functioning. Again, thanks for the heads up and good communication.

Everything else came easy. You can see the difference. I am extremely pleased with the product, but more enchanted by the customer service. This latter reason is a big deal to me. I have worked many jobs and now am in consulting...let me tell you someone that is willing to go the extra mile for your dollar is invaluable. Anyone that has experienced terrible service knows what I'm talking about. In any event, I'll leave the post with this: No; I am not, in any way, affiliated with E92-Lighting, and yes; I am now a more faithful customer because the product is good and the customer service was exemplary. I just wanted to share for anyone that is like me and appreciates being appreciated. Now- pics. Thanks for reading.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 11:43 PM   #2
MakeItRaine
Recovering 1addict
United_States
Rep

Pics.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 11:48 PM   #3
Ultimateone
OG E46Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 24 Champ White CTR

??? where are the pictures?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 11:50 PM   #4
MakeItRaine
Recovering 1addict
United_States
Rep

That's what I'm sayin'?!! Attached them all from my iPhone but not showing. Let me see if I can go through alternative method....
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 12:06 AM   #5
MakeItRaine
Recovering 1addict
United_States
Rep

Ok, got it up here. (If this is the post is not in the right section...my bad, moderators.)

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1091204
Appreciate 0