E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Funny incident last night

01-17-2006, 02:39 AM   #1
rss
Private
Rep
Drives: 320dSE Touring E91

Funny incident last night

Well kind of. On the way home from the hospital with the missus last night, she was telling me that earlier that day she had stalled the car in the middle of a junction and then got completely in a flap trying to restart the thing!

We've just taken delivery of an E91 this weekend and she got into a panic when she tried to find the 'key' and it took a few seconds before realising that it's a push-button start. Then a few more seconds to realise the clutch needs to be depressed etc..

I found it quite amusing until I did exactly the same thing a few minutes later. What did I do ? Got into a flap trying to find the key etc..

I think this is the first car where I probably need to expect some time 'training' myself how to drive it!

Hopefully the stalling was just down to us + new car. One thing that was weird was it didn't want to start in 2nd gear. I had to put it into 1st before it would start ?

cheers
RS
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2006, 05:38 AM   #2
croaker
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

My favorite is when I push the button to turn off the car, and push it again to turn off the radio and still have the clutch pushed in. Guess what? It starts right back up.

Anyway, thanks to this forum I now know that all I have to do to avoid this is hold the button for a few seconds when I turn off the car, and it turns off everything.

I also just figured out two days ago that you can have two things displayed at once in the i-drive screen.

-Croaker
      01-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #3
vladinecko
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by croaker
Anyway, thanks to this forum I now know that all I have to do to avoid this is hold the button for a few seconds when I turn off the car, and it turns off everything.
...or just take out the FOB and everything shuts down as well...unless you have CA, which you do
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2006, 09:53 AM   #4
b1mmer2
Private
Rep
Drives: Black/Black E90 manual/sport

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]

I had a good laugh when we (with my buddy) were test driving 330 back in April and he stalled at intersection. I knew he would try to turn they key in ignition to get it started again but... the key wasnt there. I decided to sit back and watch the show of man trying to get the car started and panicing because "usual" set of actions doesnt work with E90. Shame on me but I had a good laugh.
Appreciate 0