BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

Annoying service in Germany

Went to my service center today to get an oil change. I guess i assumed it was covered under BMW warranty to get a free oil change at the 18,000 km mark. It says to get it changed on my iDrive at 18k even.
When i explained that i wanted the oil change they downloaded the key fob and said No not time for an oil change. I was stumped cause it said to change it at 18k and my odometer is over 18k!..
Then he said its due at 30k !! WHAT!!..
I didnt feel like arguing more but all i did was keep asking the question over and over "Why dont you do oil changes at 18k when it says to do it in on my iDrive?".. lol.. I guess in the US they provide this service free of charge for BMW owners. But here in Germany service is sucky. Not to mention the Service assistant was a jerk. Really anoying service so i got my oil changed else where.

Is it just me/Germany or are most BMW owners getting better service Stateside?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by romak47 View Post
Went to my service center today to get an oil change. I guess i assumed it was covered under BMW warranty to get a free oil change at the 18,000 km mark. It says to get it changed on my iDrive at 18k even.
When i explained that i wanted the oil change they downloaded the key fob and said No not time for an oil change. I was stumped cause it said to change it at 18k and my odometer is over 18k!..
I didnt feel like arguing more but all i did was keep asking the question over and over "Why dont you do oil changes at 18k when it says to do it in on my iDrive?".. lol.. I guess in the US they provide this service free of charge for BMW owners. But here in Germany service is sucky. Not to mention the Service assistant was a jerk. Really anoying service so i got my oil changed else where.

I work at the dealership that services my car so maybe I'm a little biased but I have not had a single issue with service yet.

I will say this with respect to oil changes though. My car has 12,900mi on it right now. I did my first break-in change around 3500mi (I paid for this one), the next change was done at 10,485 when my car hit the 1yr mark (warranty). I brought it into service to check a tire a few weeks ago - the dash was reading 2500mi until my next change. When I picked up the car I noticed that the readout now said 14000mi to next change.

I asked my SA and he said the key fob said it was due for a change (my mileage was 12,800) so they did it. That makes oil changes at 3500, 10500 and 12800.

Previous Cars: 2008' 135i, 2010' 328i, 2013' 328i, 2016' M235i, 2017' X1, 2019' M240i
Current Cars: 2019' X3, 2021' M3 Comp
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
sub7
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by romak47 View Post

I think service boils down to the dealer. I have had good service, and horrible service here. Sorry to hear the issues! 30k oil changes?! yikes
Appreciate 0