BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-29-2014, 09:47 PM   #1
J3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 zcp smb

Garage List
2011 335i xdrive  [10.00]
Don't go to Murray BMW of Denver!!!

This is an email I wrote to the GM and have yet to hear a response. **BTW The sales manager Chris Neira is a complete jerk. He tried to sneak in the extended maintenance plan and so I spent 45 minutes going back and forth because the numbers kept being off. He self-admittedly said he was doing so because the dealership makes $600 profit off the plan and that he knew I would come back in a few years to trade-in the car so he wanted to re-sell the car with the plan. Afterwards, he tried to high pressure close me on EVERYTHING. I told him to back off because I was getting pissed so he apologized. Chris explained he was doing so because he had a $100 bet with a co-worker on how fast he could sell the car. This guy is the epitome of a dirty used car salesman. At this point I am warning others to not purchase or have a vehicle serviced at Murray!!!

Date: Thu, May 22, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Subject: Sales Service Issue from a recent purchase
To: rax.patel@murraymotors.c…

Rax,

I'd like to share the poor experience I've had thus far since purchasing a vehicle from Murray BMW. When I went to pickup the car and sign paperwork, the car was not ready. There was still spots of compound on the car from the detail job so I had to wait until it was finished. Then when I signed paperwork with the finance department, the lady forgot to have me sign the $500 rebate form. Since I had already left, she had to email me the form and then I had to fax it back to her. Another issue is when I went to put the floormats in my car- there were only three of them! I had to come back to the dealership to get a complete set. The final straw was when I went to the DMV last week (5/16) to purchase license plates. I waited two hours only for the woman working there to tell me I need to get an emissions testing. No one from your team cared to explain that this needed to be done! This should have already been done before I took ownership of the vehicle! What happens if the vehicle doesn't pass emissions? I contacted your sales team right after this happened, and nobody has cared to respond with a resolution hence why I am writing you.

I have completely lost my patience thus far with Murray BMW. I especially feel this when I receive mailings and emails from Murray to purchase an extended warranty plan. I am customer of Bodyworks and had $8,000 in repairs from two accidents. Then I purchase a vehicle from Murray and this is the way I'm treated and the type of service I get? It was already bad enough when I felt like I didn't get a fair trade-in. I thought it would be ok because the service would make up for it. I couldn't have been more wrong. Please help me feel differently. I feel as though my business is unappreciated.

Sincerely,
Jon
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 10:49 PM   #2
Overpar56
Proud AARP member in good standing
Rep
Drives: Me nuts

Write BMW about this. From my dealings with BMW USA, they seem to be concerned when they have a unhappy customer.

From my dealings with any dealer, they're all bottom feeders.

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, PPK1, PE, Stoptech Sport rotors and Sport pads, unhealthy crackles and burbles and an aging demonic driver.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 10:54 PM   #3
RedDog
Rep
Drives: 135i

I haven't good luck with Murray either. Years ago I took my 330Ci to have the windshield replaced. They kept the car for two days, put 50 miles on it and scratched my car and blamed the scratch on me. They claimed they needed to keep it to make sure the seal didn't leak. I've had lots of windshields replaced, same day and ready to drive immediately. I have never gone back.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #4
J3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Yea, what a bunch of bs. Windshield replacements can be done mobile and you drive off right after. Seal my ass...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #5
J3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overpar56 View Post
Write BMW about this. From my dealings with BMW USA, they seem to be concerned when they have a unhappy customer.

From my dealings with any dealer, they're all bottom feeders.
I have. BMW North America called me today. Playing some phonetag right now, want to know what they have to say.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 08:00 AM   #6
owen2001
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3 View Post
I have. BMW North America called me today. Playing some phonetag right now, want to know what they have to say.
Any updates to share? I was at Murray for an oil change yesterday and I had an excellent experience. Being there reminded me about your original post, and I was wondering if you ever heard back from anyone.
2013 Jet Black 135is | 6MT | Coupe | #381/586

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #7
Mountain135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 Coupe

Repair Shop

Sorry to hear of the dealer problems. I've been going here for a couple of years and am very happy. Mike, who owns the place, is an ex-Indy Car mechanic with the Michael Andretti team. Good work and fair prices.

http://www.arvadagermangarage.com/
ESS Stage 3 Flash-BMS Dual Cones-Helix Intercooler-AR Design Catless Downpipe-Berk DP Back Full Street Exhaust-AR Design Oil Cooler-AR Design Catch Can-OS Giken LSD-Bilstein B12 Kit-Whiteline rear sub-frame bushing inserts. 225-255 Direzza Z2.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #8
Artaxrxes
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Vert

sorry to hear the issues. I actually worked with Chris once before and kind of got a similar feeling so I just left. The Murray dealers were bought out by Sonic Automotive about a year ago although only recently did they move over to the corporate philosophy of no-negotiation. I recently purchased my 1 from the Mercedes dealer next door and I can say that even though the salesmen are all still there unfortunately, it was a much different experience due to the change. Perhaps take satisfaction in knowing, as I did, that with set pricing... there were no side bets on how quick he could rip us off. and if that doesn't do much for you, just remember we all eventually get what's coming to us and he will be no exception.

a wise man once said, "the softest pillow is a clean conscience". sleep well sir!
Appreciate 0