BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
Whitenukl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

How to handle the dealer from here...

So I have called my local BMW dealership and have scheduled a time to bring it into the shop for the dreaded "cold start" issue. The question I have is, they told me there were no "open recalls" on my car specifically. I have had all recalls performed(hpfp,brake light,injectors checked,battery cable). I know there are TSB's on this cold start issue, and the car threw P0300-0304 codes that should now be stored. But they service person said they would give it a diagnostic and then any repairs would be on my dime pretty much. Now I'm willing to pay to replace the coil packs & plugs as the car has right at 52k on it....but I thought BMW was covering this cold start problem..I.e injectors? I also have an extended warranty so if not covered by BMW, it should be covered under the extended warranty. Also where can I buy this Techron fuel system cleaner? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
marc@x-ph.com
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 335i

injectors are covered under recall and not extended warranty, unfortunately.

do you get white smoke in the morning?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
Whitenukl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

Well it's been cold here so it's hard to tell if it's smoke or if it's just because of the cold weather. Service engine soon light stayed on for about 4 days. Now it cut itself off and the car hasn't had any problems in the last week. I took it in before and they said it didn't store any codes and couldn't recreate the problem. They checked the injectors and said they were fine last time I took it in. So now I'm taking it back in because it does have stored codes. But it seems the dealer is already telling me that there is no recall on the injectors for my car so if it is the injectors, it's on me
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
zakyzozo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 MSport

In regards to techron additive, you can find it at pepboys or your local autoparts store. Worst case you can get it at the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitenukl View Post
So I have called my local BMW dealership and have scheduled a time to bring it into the shop for the dreaded "cold start" issue. The question I have is, they told me there were no "open recalls" on my car specifically. I have had all recalls performed(hpfp,brake light,injectors checked,battery cable). I know there are TSB's on this cold start issue, and the car threw P0300-0304 codes that should now be stored. But they service person said they would give it a diagnostic and then any repairs would be on my dime pretty much. Now I'm willing to pay to replace the coil packs & plugs as the car has right at 52k on it....but I thought BMW was covering this cold start problem..I.e injectors? I also have an extended warranty so if not covered by BMW, it should be covered under the extended warranty. Also where can I buy this Techron fuel system cleaner? Thanks
Appreciate 0