Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Lightbulb Former BMW Employees Charged in BMW 1M Coupe Joyride

BIMMERPOST NEWS
Former BMW Employees Charged in BMW 1M Coupe Joyride
COMMENTS

Remember the dealer PDI 1M coupe joyride fiasco experienced by one of our 1ADDICTS members? If not, see this previous thread.

News now comes that the Los Angeles Country district attorney's office has filed misdemeanor charges against the two former Pacific BMW employees for their actions. This stems from a joyride that the two men took in the not-yet-delivered BMW 1 Series M coupe down the residential streets of Glendale, CA.

A video of the ride (some of which can be seen below) was then posted by the men on YouTube.

According to the district attorney's complaint filed against the two men - Vacheh Margoussian (21) and Artin Yazidjian (22), each faces misdeameanor charges for taking the 1M from the dealership. In addition, Margoussian was also charged with a misdemeanor reckless driving charge. As a passenger, Yazidjian videotaped Margoussian driving at a high rate of speed down East Windsor Road, according to the complaint.

The men are scheduled to be arraigned on December 12th in Los Angeles County Superior Court in Glendale.

The story has also been reporting on LA area news stations this Thanksgiving. See the NBC snippet below:

Original joyride video:

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Pacific BMW should be charged for defrauding customer trying to sell this joy ridden vehicle as prestine and new. For those of us who know better its likely they will push the blame unto lowest level employees just as they have done here.
      11-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Niiiiiiice.
      11-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
Keanu111
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW M4C, 2014 AW X6M

Wow, atleast something is being done!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Winning!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #6
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1(M)other f*^#er of a car

throw the book at them!

Once the book rebounds off their face, charge them with the vehicles depreciation based on being tortured in the early km's of life.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Was the car sold?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #8
SNOOPY11
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

The power of 1addicts!

Hopefully they get what they deserve and this will serve as a lesson to Makers/Dealers/techs.

Unfortunately, joyrides will continue on but without a camera (on board at least).
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #9
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Pacific BMW should be charged for defrauding customer trying to sell this joy ridden vehicle as prestine and new. For those of us who know better its likely they will push the blame unto lowest level employees just as they have done here.
+1...it is a known fact that even management was aware of the way some of these cars were being treated...those pigs in the upper corporate ladder should definitely pay as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #10
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
Was the car sold?
It was sold, bought back, and currently being sold for $84k and change.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #11
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
Was the car sold?
It was sold, bought back, and currently being sold for $84k and change.
Wtf? What there asking $30K over sticker? Lol
That car should be sold as used for half price. Fucking idiots at Pacific.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
Diver
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black '12 135i - Sold

Joy rides in fast cars by dealership employees are fairly common. It happened to someone I know and his car, a modified Supra, was wrecked.
      11-25-2011, 09:56 AM   #13
TMR013
Opus Angelus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 Coupe

First 1M I saw on the road. Still had its protective shipping material stuck on it and was being driven a couple of miles away from the nearest dealer. No doubt it was the lot driver takin it out for a spin.
I'm willing to bet this happens a lot to one extent or another. You won't ever be able to completely stop it. Price of driving hot cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #14
J-boogey
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi Msport

they should heavily discount that car if it hasn't been sold yet haha
2013 F30 335i xdrive | Estoril Blue | Black Dakota Leather | Aluminum Hexagon trim | M-Sport | Cold weather | DHP | Premium package | Tech package | Harmon Kardon | PDC | Rearview Cam | IND Painted reflectors | BMW performance grills | JB4 stage 2 | ER downpipe | BMS Intake | H&R sport springs
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #15
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40e/e36 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
i have to agree with you on this one. Even though the employees were the cause of the initial problem. The dealer knowingly sold the car without disclosing any bit of information of the cars past. It's like selling a know lemon without telling the buyer. Now even tho the car was driven hard like that. I still think the person who had bought it and had made such a big ass deal about it probably drove the shit out of it right out of the dealer too. Then found out that someone else had done it to his car first lol.
      11-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #16
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

Based on the video of the joy ride and as someone with an extensive automotive engineering background I would say that the joy ride actually helped break the car in properly, and in no way would be deterimental to the car.

The whole public reaction to this I think really shows just how little people know about their cars and how much of their reactions are based on paranoid uninformed assumptions.

While I potentially agree with the wreckless driving charge depending on how fast they were going, I think everything else is totally ridiculous.

Clean cars are happy cars!
CANON PHOTOGRAPHER
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #17
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Based on the video of the joy ride and as someone with an extensive automotive engineering background I would say that the joy ride actually helped break the car in properly, and in no way would be deterimental to the car.
Next time you buy a new car, gimme a call. I'll come break it in for ya.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #18
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:

The whole public reaction to this I think really shows just how little people know about their cars and how much of their reactions are based on paranoid uninformed assumptions.

While I potentially agree with the wreckless driving charge depending on how fast they were going, I think everything else is totally ridiculous.
+1
BSM/Coral red/Sp pkg/Cft access/Htd seats/BMW Performance Pedals, Spoiler, & Rotors/18" VMR V710's/Hankook Ventus/Cool Carbon Pads ."The 135i's engine sound is so ferocious and bittersweet, so carnal and wicked, somebody ought to name a heavy-metal band after it: Velvet Chain Saw."
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #19
Transport3r
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55 E90

Quote:

This is exactly what I was thinking. Everyone is seriously overreacting here. Modern engines are built to be able to handle a beating right off he boat. Somehow it's worse when someone else drives your car hard But when you do it it's okay?

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #20
jrlee53
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Quote:

Black Friday Trolling I see. I say good for them. Justice is served. Don't care if it's not detrimental to the car or anything. If anyone is going to drive MY NEW CAR that way, it's going to be ME. If I wanted you to help me break in the car, I, THE OWNER OF THE CAR, will tell you to do so. Would you eat a sandwich with one end already bitten into? No, Why not? Just eat around the rest of the sandwich. Would you say we over reacting to the fact there are now someone else's germs on that end of the sandwich and the rest of it should be fine to eat or the fact that I paid for a sandwich that is promised to be new that's already been bitten into by someone else? I could just not eat that part of it right? No harm done, in fact, i should thank you for taste testing the sandwich for me first. Makes total sense.

2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!

Last edited by jrlee53; 11-25-2011 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #21
XC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupé

Garage List
2010 135i  [0.00]
Quote:

I agree with you, but the problem lies in being had, not really what the car suffered. It's like having a beer pre-opened and sipped before you first drink it. It's just not right.

Public reaction is simply common sense.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 11:04 AM   #22
josephvman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M Valencia Orange

You guys amaze me...Are you not seeing the big picture here? Let's say that video was posted by one of you, in your car. You really think it's a great thing to have a little video you posted result in reckless driving charge?

This whole incident was overblown, and the guys lost their jobs over it. Gloating over this is just stupid, and I can imagine the outrage if it was one of your videos in your car, and you got the ticket.

Last edited by josephvman; 11-25-2011 at 11:21 AM..
Appreciate 0