BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #23
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Sounds like clutch is slipping. Make DAMN SURE you reinstall a factory CDV before taking the car to the dealership. If you don't, I'm willing wager they will blame it on that and deny coverage.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #24
OneM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G View Post
hey,
I´m currently experiencing the exact same problem since today!
I talked to service person from the hotline he also said its likely that it is the clutch!
How did it turn out with your 1M?

Cheers
I currently drive more carefully and tend to be less aggressive with the clutch. No more problems as long as I stick to this method

Removing the clutch delay valve (CDV) gives the clutch instant feedback and it works well for most day-to-day driving. The problem arises when aggressive drivers likes us apply too much throttle or load which causes the friction-plate of the clutch to slip. This is why I'm guessing BMW installed the CDV on the 1M..for aggressive driver's like us.

That being said I still have the CDV on my car removed, but I drive with a lot more care now.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #25
octainejunkee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 f80 Comp, MPE, stage 1

why not re install the cdv and drive it properly?
If there is a problem with your clutch you might aswell get it fixed whilst its under warranty???
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #26
OneM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by octainejunkee View Post
why not re install the cdv and drive it properly?
If there is a problem with your clutch you might aswell get it fixed whilst its under warranty???
I'm guessing you haven't experience the removal of the CDV. It's a fair bit more responsive and precise with the CDV removed, that's why.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #27
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneM View Post
I think I figured it out.. now I know why BMW chose to install the CDV (clutch delay valve), which I removed on my car. It's there not just to prevent shocks to the drivetrain, but also in my case where high load/rpm launches occurs, it helps delay or slow down the clutch engagement and thus prevent slip.

Make sense to me but I could be wrong.
No, quite the opposite. The delay in engaging the clutch means it's in increasing clutch slip. It's preventing the drivetrain shock and using the clutch plate as the fuse between the two.
Appreciate 0