BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-19-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
RedTRex
Digital Cerebrum
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 330ci ZHP

Garage List
2005 BMW 330ci  [0.00]
Tom Bush BMW - Orange Park, FL.

Although my purchase experience was pretty good here, I will not ever take my car there for service (outside of warranty issues), or buy parts there. Yesterday I went to purchase the BMW oil filter removal tool - The parts fool wanted to charge 100% markup ($34.50 .... centernet lists for $17.75) - I even told him I could get the part for $25 off the "net". Wouldn't budge - says that is the list price.As I looked back at a few receipts from over the years - I see they have gouged me for 100% markup a few times. So, never again - too many good sources on the net.BTW - This doesn't help either......http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/To...BMW-review-40/
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
dominii
Rep
Drives:

Out of curiousity, who was your sales rep?

I drove up from Gainesville to sign the lease papers for a 128i, and they guy changed his original pricing on me and said he had to go to lunch and we could talk later.

Needless to say I didn't buy from them.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 04:48 AM   #3
robert.payne
Private
Rep
Drives:

I live in jax and *HATE* tom bush. I actually drove to gainesville to purchase my 135i.

I've had warranty work done (Z4) at tom bush of regency and it was an absolute nightmare both times. 1) no loaner car. 2) they replaced the wrong mirror TWICE. 3) when they finally replaced the correct mirror, they replaced it with the WRONG part (non-dimming mirror vs. the light-sensitive, dimming mirror I should have received). 4) since they kept replacing the wrong parts, my rain-sensing wipers no longer function; just normal intermittent wipers now.

Since I can't afford to keep taking off from work and getting a rental car; and since no amount of complaining to the service manager seemed to fix the issues, I finally just said screw it and decided to live with the car as is. Sometimes its better to quit while ahead.

Anyway, I had a much better experience with All-Pro in Gainesville this time around.

-robert

Performance Center Delivery was awesome!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 06:26 AM   #4
RedTRex
Digital Cerebrum
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 330ci ZHP

Garage List
2005 BMW 330ci  [0.00]
Albert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominii View Post
Out of curiousity, who was your sales rep?

I drove up from Gainesville to sign the lease papers for a 128i, and they guy changed his original pricing on me and said he had to go to lunch and we could talk later.

Needless to say I didn't buy from them.
Appreciate 0