BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #23
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
Does this installation require codings in BMW dealer ship, or you could just plug it out, plug in and play..
Because I'm in a serious buzz and sentiment with my BMW dealership, won't let them touch my car!
PNP no coding
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #24
steve612
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Reset

Every time I restart my car, the wheel would turn into original factory setting, is it normal?
Engine: BMW power kit; AR Design catted downpipe; BMW Performance Exhaust; BMS intake; CP-E chargepipe Suspension: KW V1; H&R front sway bar Brakes: BMW Performance front and rear rotors Interior: BMW carbon fiber kit Exterior: Kerscher bumper with carbon fiber lip; BMW Performance sideskirts; LUX angel eyes; iCarbon mirror caps; iCarbon rear spoiler; iCarbon diffuser; Blackline LCI tail; carbon fiber kidney grilles
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 03:30 AM   #25
scflaw
Captain
Rep
Drives: M135I, Macan S, G26 i4M50

I was wondering if anybody has this issue. The steering wheel buttons to change between settings stopped working.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #26
PixelVogue
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Hows the alcantara holding up on this?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #27
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
^ Late response but holding up just fine, pulled it out over the weekend...sold the car, love the wheel but time to sell it
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 07:18 AM   #28
PixelVogue
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Let me know if you haven't already sold it
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 03:36 AM   #29
mandrayu
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E87 130i M sport & E82 135i

Hi guys, I just bought it and I installed today, but have some troubles, the wire colors from the pdf compares with my car doesn't match most of them, ex. the green brown cable that should go connected to the OBDII port, well in my car there is no pin1 with green brown, there is just a black one in the 16 pin and a red/yellow on the 9 pin, I try this way to connect but the steering wheel is not functional!, other issue with the A7 connector, the pins matched but not the colors, start right with the brown one but after that the color codes are different comparing the pdf and my car, recommendations I will appreciate your help

135i E82 euro version 2009
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 11:43 PM   #30
Downeaster1
BMW Master Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E36, E82, E90, F10, F80

Garage List
Does yours ever flash two red dots when the car is physically too warm or has been sitting in the sun?
135is #502 of 586
BMW LED Performance Wheel | OEM FULL Carbon Fiber | E9X M3 Gauge Cluster | E9X Exterior Mirrors | E9X M3 Full Suspension | E9X M3 Diff | PT-CAN2 Enabled | Bilstiens | Michelin PSS's | NBT Navigation Retrofit with Touch Pad
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 04:29 AM   #31
SingleturboVert
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Can someone take a picture of this A7 connector? I bought this steering wheel used and its got all sorts of stuff wrong, including a clockspring from a different car. Can someone get a shot of this A7 connector and how the wires are arranged in it? Perhaps a part number for this connector? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 08:41 PM   #32
Yasser
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrayu View Post
Hi guys, I just bought it and I installed today, but have some troubles, the wire colors from the pdf compares with my car doesn't match most of them, ex. the green brown cable that should go connected to the OBDII port, well in my car there is no pin1 with green brown, there is just a black one in the 16 pin and a red/yellow on the 9 pin, I try this way to connect but the steering wheel is not functional!, other issue with the A7 connector, the pins matched but not the colors, start right with the brown one but after that the color codes are different comparing the pdf and my car, recommendations I will appreciate your help

135i E82 euro version 2009
Did you figured it out?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 06:52 PM   #33
e82m_van
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeaster1 View Post
Does yours ever flash two red dots when the car is physically too warm or has been sitting in the sun?
yes.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 03:20 PM   #34
TridenTBoy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135is

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Has anyone gotten this to work with a 2013 DCT car? Something like a DCT 135is like I have?

This is one of the few mods I am genuinely interested in.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 06:55 PM   #35
felipebranco
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i e82

help on installation m performance sterring whell v2

Good night, could you help me?

I am in doubt on the installation, my car is a bmw 135i e82 2009, this connector of the photo, does not appear in his tutorial, where it fits

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclezMarinara View Post
Here is DIY on how to install BMW Performance Steering Wheel Version II Flat Bottom.

INSTALL PDF ATTACHED !

I BORROWED SOME PICS FROM THIS USERS DIY

It is not very difficult you just need to take your time and pay attention to what you are doing, and TAKE YOUR TIME!

Tools:

1. Not very big Flathead Screwdriver
2. 16mm socket with wrench and extensions
3. T15 torx socket ( i think it is T15 but I might be wrong)
4. Very small flathead screwdriver or Small Pik
5. 10mm socket
6. Plastic Pry Tools (RECOMMENDED)

This DIY is for you just to look/read and get an idea on how it can be done. I am not encouraging you to do this installation unless you are technically inclined to do so.

I will not be responsible for anything that might happen to you, your vehicle, or anybody who might be helping you, or anything else.

Before you start taking everything apart you need to read PDF Instructions (there not included but will try to attached on here) and get familiar with it.
- Make sure you understand what goes where. After you did that, I would recommend to label supplied BMW harness with A1,A2,A3,A4,A5,A6, and A7 tags. It will be easier to figure out what goes where.

NOW LETS BEGIN

--------------------------

1. Make sure you have your trunk open and I would recommend also lowering your windows and leave your key away from the car (if comfort access equipped)

2. Disconnect your Battery and make sure your (-) Negative terminal will not touch the battery, I kept a micro-fiber under neath to avoid contact

3. Next remove all trim work on both sides of the footwells, use caution as the trims and clips are fragile if not taken into account for your own strength.

4. The hood release has a phillips screw and then underneath the hood latch is another phillips screw.

5. Use caution when removing the trim work as there are MANY connectors and modules in this footwell panel

6. Next remove the driver footwell covering ( 3 T20 screws or T15s I forget)

7. Then completely remove the driver footwell panel (USE CAUTION PULLING CONNECTORS OFF)

8. Next remove the passenger side foot well and side kick plate (CAREFUL there are 2 plastic tabs that hold it into place use your plastic pry tools to remove.)

9. You will then see 2 Sets of connectors BLUE & BLACK, unplug the BLUE connector

10. Next remove the connector from the sleeve.

11. Connect the 2 BLUE & RED Wires

12. Read PDF installation and remove Blue/Red wire from Pin1 and Red from Pin2. Insert A3 into Pin1 and A4 into Pin2. Now install wires that you removed from Pin1 and Pin2 into Connector E - Pulling out wires from Pin1 and Pin2

13. Connector Labeled E removing and installing the loop back loom.

14. Connecting the new harness

15. Install the control module B

16. Install the Black connector into Blue connector and then reinstall Blue connector. I used zip-tie to get all those wires together. Gotta keep it neat !

17. Next feed the longer of the 3 cables into the glove box (this cable is for the track side module small 2 PIN Round Connector)

18. Now feed the remaining 2 connectors thru the console and have them out the driver side

19. Next remove the Air Bag Module using a flat blade screw driver to reach the release tabs. Next disconnect the connectors using a small flat blade screwdriver to remove the connector security tabs.

20. Disconnect the connectors on the steering wheel.

21. Next is to remove the wheel. 16MM Bolt

22. Now we need to remove upper/lower steering column trim. Pull the upper part first. Pull it up and do one side at a time. You can use your plastic pry tools again and push it up from the inside, but be very careful and take your time.

23. Removing the Coil spring cartridge with T15 torx. Unplug Black & White small connectors on the RT side.

24.Make sure not to pull the whole assembly out of the column. Very Important. Unclip all the clips and remove just the Coil spring cartridge and nothing else. These are the clips that are holding it on the side, so make sure to unclip them

25. Bring the white connector up the steering column.
Read PDF instruction and remove wires from the Black connector (it has 6 wires in it) and insert them into A7 white connector. They are numbered 1-6 and you need to insert them the same way ... #1 from Black connector goes to #1 in A7 White connector and so on ...

26. Connect this connector and the smaller connector to the new Coil Spring.
Re-Install the Coil Spring

27. Pull the open brown and green wires to the OBDII PORT
Wires are BROWN TO BROWN
GREEN TO GREEN YELLOW
Test first before tapping!

28. Next transfer over your controls and trim to the new Performance Wheel V2

29. Re-Install Wheel - Transfer everything from your old wheel to your new PSW and install everything back. Read the PDF file. Connect black connector from the new Coil spring cartridge to the Green connector on you new PSW. The rest is the same. In PDF file it says to connect Black connector to Black but it is actually Green and not Black. Just FIY.

30. COMPLETED Simply test and re install all trim work after you have verified working.

ENJOY !!!

Appreciate 0