BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
Midgad
Free Skier
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe, 6MT, M-Sports

1-2 vt

Hey,
Just a follow up from previous thread...
As link mentioned I checked with Goodyear as well as their site and it appeared the all seasons should be good just in case...
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330191

Anyway was worried about taking the 1 to Vt. Tires were a main issue, but just how would she deal with real New England winter conditions.
I checked the forecast before hand and it seemed like the roads would be dry and clear...(yeah right) so I went for it.

All was great till Vt. boarder where the flurries started. Wasnt too nervous untill the flurries turned into moderate snow, the roads went from dry to a little snow to finally totally white, no more visable lines...
Being I never ever drove this car in the snow at all I was a little freaked. I slowed a bunch and just took it easy and to my surprise she was handling the conditions rather well.

Seems it was snow squalls I was going through so in a little bit the roads became dry and clear again, so was a bit relieved.
These conditons continued on and off for another 40 miles, but again the 1 did very respectfully in the snow.
(The 2 deer standing in the middle of the road around a curve was more of an issue than the snow)
FYI, you ever see deer at night, flash the lights and honk your horn ASAP!! It worked!!

Naturally had my TPM go off when it was 10 degrees out, but noticed another german car(audi) waiting for the airpump after me.

It was a little disconcerning taking the 1 into these condtions after 18 month of ownership but it was time to devirginize her, no more garage car. The ski bag that goes thru the rear seat was great too.
Even it was really cold out, didnt even notice I was in a vert, but gotta admit, I didnt see one other vert there.
Even though, think shell be up there again, was sooo glad to have it on the twistees when the roads were dry.

Last edited by Midgad; 12-13-2009 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0