BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Arrow New Century BMW Alhambra, CA

Stars: 4/5 (thanks to my perfect agent/no thanks to service)

Dealership:
My family and I have been coming here to New Century BMW for quite some time now (ever since they were at their old location). So I am no newbie when it comes to dealing with this dealership. Overall customer service can be improved a little. For example when calling in I expect to be greeted by a nice receptionist, not someone who goes "Hello?" although it's not often she does that, but she still does it some times. Talking to sales agents on the phone and face to face can be rough depending on the agent. Some will belittle you, but I just don't talk to them again. I do know it's a hard business to sell cars for commission/meet quotas, but being a little bit more respectable is always a plus especially if you want referrals/return customers. Anyway, the internet sales agents are the best, they are truthful and give you the respect you deserve online, on the phone and when you finally meet them. I first want to give a shoutout to the best agent I've met there: THANKS ANDY LIN!! If anyone is going to buy there car at New Century, PM me for this guy's contact. Let's just say he gave be a deal that was better than most of the deals the other guys I've seen get on this forum. He was superb and understood what I wanted. Let's just say he worked with me outside of his work times AND he PERSONALLY DELIVERED SOME FREE MATS during his off hours to me even though he initially said he couldn't give them to me. On top of that he gave me the more expensive mats when i request the cheaper ones. In the end he also surprised me by knocking down the agreed price even more! What a GREAT guy! And he actually listens to what you want. I told him not to prep my car and no front plate holes, and the car was just how I wanted it when it came. So deal with the online guys, they are more personal and you can deal with them at your convenience. Deal with the sales agents if you want a quick test drive and repeat of all the features in the car that you already know about.

Service Center:
The service department is so helpful that it tends to become irrational. My service agent Mark was great, but he overloads himself with so many customers that he does not have the time to deal with all of us. He usually slips more than one customer in a short time frame for him to work with, but that also means that each customer will get less direct time with him. So communication is a bit slow with him and I could never get a hold of him. Also the service department itself often leaves/forgets things. They left some screws loose and the +/- plug under the hood unplugged. The service guy also so one of my bulbs! They also scratched my mother's car after they washed it. So I was smarter the second time around and told them not to wash it.

*Update: at least the service agent apologized on behalf of the service staff right after he saw my survey that I had sent to them prior to my experience there.

Financial:
The finance department was helpful when I was paying. I know they get some sort of commission if they can get you to extend a warrantee or something like that. They keep saying to me that they will give me their input on which ones are good and in the end it'll be my choice to choose if I want it or not. However, when I told them I didn't not want any of them they would give me a disappointed look. I mean yes I know you're sad, but it doesn't have to be that obvious.

Overall this dealership is great, but not perfect. I've been to Pacific and Assael BMW, but the agents there do not and can not match the agents at New Century. Go here if you are close and find ANDY LIN!! from internet sales. and here is a more in depth explanation of my journey.....

HERES Andy Info:
(800) 286-4269 ext. 4673
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4673
(626) 780-7922 Cell
(626) 943-4697 Fax
andy.lin@ncbmw.com

Please do tell him John with the 135i sent you and he'll take GREAT care of you, seriously!!!

Last edited by 1013mm; 03-23-2009 at 01:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
If you ever want your car serviced by a really cool guy, get an appointment with Scott Abrams great guy!!!!
      11-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
Ajumepke
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

jzhang - have you ever worked with a John Velarde?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
emac08
got em' son
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i sold / 08 E90 M3 sold

Another cool SA was Sal... sorry dont know the last name.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i & 01 Toyota Avalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajumepke View Post
jzhang - have you ever worked with a John Velarde?
John Velarde is a great guy as well!

Kevin************.com
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 04:15 AM   #6
adrank888
Rep
Drives: beutybul

John Velarde is a great guy as well

Gclub
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 02:39 AM   #7
adrank888