BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #23
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique14 View Post
this is why we can't have a sunroof delete on our coupes in the US.
I dunno, mini lets you build those cars with exactly the options you want

bmw is protecting brand image that's all

at least they let us order manual's still
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 10:52 AM   #24
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Alphine White MT

I actually did cancel my order after my car went into production. I cancelled because my salesperson left, then i got bounced between 2 other salespeople who were idiots. Then the manager started giving my shit over pricing.

I canceled, placed an order at another houston dealer and i did get my money back from the first dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #25
nordique14
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega View Post
I dunno, mini lets you build those cars with exactly the options you want

bmw is protecting brand image that's all

at least they let us order manual's still
There are are few types of cars that the BMW dealerships have a hard time selling - manual trans cars, no sunroof cars and cloth seat cars. The dealerships would never order a car for dealer stock without a sunroof or with cloth seats. But if someone cancels their order then the dealership would get stuck with that type of car. If that car takes 3 to 4 times longer to sell then that is much less profit for the dealership. I am still surprised that BMW sells stick shifts in the US.

Minis are a different breed as they are a lower end car and people do not necessarily expect leather seats in their Mini like they do in a BMW. Also with the custom graphics on the roof it makes sense that they will sell you car without a sunroof.

The high percentage of leased BMWs in the US combined with the ability of people to cancel orders once built means we do not get cloth seats or cars without a sunroof. Personally, if you order a car to your specifications then the car is yours. The dealership should not be stuck with your creative order.
Appreciate 0