BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
sp0nger
Rep
Drives:

Another Color Thread..

I thought after the test drive and seeing all the colors in person it would be easy but NOPE.

Black Saphire Metallic/Red Leather

Pros: Love the color, love the sparkle. lots of choices for wheels since the color flows well with most after market wheels. Looks a lot better in person then it does in photos.

Cons: who and there grandma doesnt own a black bmw? keeping her clean.

Alpine White/Red Leather:

Pros: white/black/red look amazing togeather. a decent amount of aftermarket wheel choices.

Cons: ive owned a white car already for the past 3 years. My current car is a pearl white and i love the sparkle and it wouldnt be the same with alpine white. Looks better in photos then it does in person.

Montego Blue/Lemon:

Pros: Once again a beautiful color and i love the sparkle. With the lemon interior its one of the most relaxing and flowing color combos i have ever seen.

Cons: i like my cars to look aggressive and blue/lemon doesn't realy do that. I hate silver on blue (like the grills/trim) but i also wouldn't like a dark black on blue either. Which would leave me very little choice for aftermarket wheels and blacking out the trim.

After my test drive of the 135i, A4, Rx8. I made up my mind on the bmw for a few reasons. Well actualy is a more like a land slide, didnt even have to think twice about it, kind of decision. Well now im stuck on colors.. ive never had so many choices and its driving me insane!!!

Im not one to ask others what i should get for myself. I know everyone has there favorites. If You guys could however fill me in on things im over looking or give me more points of view on all the options that might help me make my decision!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "Blue Majic"

Dont forget.........Montego and coral!!!!!!!

Montego/ Coral 135i

"Progress not Perfection"
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

Coral leather is the main reason I went with BSM. Everyone has a Black BMW, but very few have red leather and that makes it a totally different car in my opinion. Unless you get the windows tinted so dark that you cant see it.

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 02:34 PM   #4
sp0nger
Rep
Drives:

I love the black and red combo. I just dont know if i love it more then the white/black/red combo. i just dont wana get tired of it as it fades and gets less and less shiney every time i wash it.

the only thing thats realy killing me on that particular side of the arguement is my first car was white, my second and current car is white. I want something new!!

...and then theres that pretty blue

oh and i love blue and red but i couldnt wake up to that every morning..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
I originally was a huge fan of BSM/Coral and went the AW/Coral route...now I do have a small regret - I see E90s/92s mostly with AW/Coral combo, or the space grey/coral. Many members here on 1addicts have AW or AW/Coral so you won't be unique. If you could live with that fact, go AW/Coral. If you want to be a little different go BSM/Coral.

So far, theres only 1 other 1er in my area, shes not on this board as shes not really an enthusiast but she drives a AW/Coral 128i coupe.

*EDIT* forgot to mention, white is the new "in" color these days, what a black bmw once was considered and still in some cases today hot, I think white is now slowly taking over that category. Could be imho but I believe it to be true.
      08-26-2008, 03:42 PM   #6
JKAWB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Black Sapphire

I got the black sapphire/coral red because i love black cars, but this one had some gangsta glitter in the paint and when you wax it, it looks insane in the sun. i almost got a white one, until i looked at the delivery sheet and noticed everyone was ordering AW, the grays were kind of boring to me, and i will never own a blue car. I liked the jet black just as much, but there is something about the flake in the paint that just jumps out at you. once you go black you never go back, my last two cars, this car, and my truck are all black.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #7
gocal73
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Give Titanium/Coral a Look

Here in California, White replaced Black on BMW's a few years ago. If you want a color that is easy to live with, looks great in any light, easy to keep clean, easy on resale, and is traditional German, give Titanium Silver a look. I own two 10 year old BMW's in Artic Silver and they look nearly as good as new. People comment on them all the time. Silver is a timeless color, especially on a BMW. As for the interior, Coral red looks great with Silver. But, black and Terra also look great with Silver. Lots of people like grey with Silver as well. My 528i sport has medium grey leather and the 328i convertible has a dove grey interior. I'd rather have red or black in the 528i. The convertible looks perfect as is. When it's all said and done, you can't beat Silver in the long run.

I'm getting closer to buying a 1 every day. odds are it'll be Titanium Silver/Coral Red. #2 choice is Terra or black. However, if I wasn't worried about the baggage that comes with it, I think Crimson is he most striking 1 series color.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #8
sp0nger
Rep
Drives:

I actually have never liked silver until i saw it on the one but personally i would go back to white before i took on silver.

Right now its really between AW/Coral or BSM/Coral. I might just flip a coin when i go into the dealer ship....
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 08:27 PM   #9
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Don't give up on the blue/lemon with the glacier trim. It would look aggressive enough, but also a little upscale if you go monaco blue. That's a rare color anyway, so you would have something different. Plus, you would have more wheel color combos because in the right light, that blue looks very dark.

I like the red interior but everyone seems to be ordering that. However, I agree with gocal, sliver and coral would look awesome. Good luck and we want pics with whatever choice you make!
Appreciate 0