BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-31-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
Novator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [8.00]
Talking Red Rocket for Christmas

Just ordered a Crimson Red BMW 135i and after driving around it, OMG is the car a bulldog! It doesn't like standing still and just wants to pounce. When you hit the brakes it like yanking its leash and telling it to stay put and it listens, almost too well . I got it with no dealer market, just the MSRP and after getting it with Black Leatherette, gloss black trim, Sports package with Steptronic and paddle shifters, hifi sound, iPod/USB adapter, BMW Assist, and Park Distance Control it came to be $41,325. Not bad at all. Just dropped 10% as a down payment and will pay it off in full once it arrives. I suppose Santa will reward this good little boy after all :roundel::wub:
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Nice options!! Congrats, and welcome.

It's very dangerous to go take one for a test drive, as you found out!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 09:17 PM   #3
J-Sud
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Nice options!! Congrats, and welcome.

It's very dangerous to go take one for a test drive, as you found out!
+1000
      09-01-2008, 12:51 AM   #4
Novator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [8.00]
Thanks Right now actually I have been going back and forth between the color for it. From the beginning I wanted it in a Jet Black, then while I was on deployment in Japan I went towards a Saphire Gray Metallic and when I heard it was discontinued for 2009 I was rather disappointed I then reverted back to a Jet Black as my primary choice. For some reason when my friend and I went to the dealership when it was time to place my order I chose Crimson Red. My friend test drove a white M3 and as I was still in the showroom admiring one in Melbourne Red Metallic I thought it would look like a good color for a 1er. For some reason I was quite drawn though to one I test drove, which also was Jet Black and had almost every option I wanted, except it had glacier aluminum trim and power seats with iDrive which I didn't care too much about. Yet I decided towards a red. I thought about it for a while last night and for the most part of this morning and after making a short call to the woman who placed the order for me I had the car color changed to Jet Black. Nothing against red, I saw the M3 in a sexy shade of it as well as a Porsche Carrera S convertible in the same showroom with just as lovely a shade, but something about black has always captivated me. I know its going to be some work keeping it clean, but I am willing to give my soon to be new 1er a bath a little more often. Thanks guys again for all your input, your research, and stories. From the moment I stumbled upon this website I knew I was going to learn from a lot of bright and interesting individuals. You guys are awesome and I can't wait to have that 1Addicts sticker showing through my side window You guys rock!!!
Appreciate 0