BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
Tsanger
Rep
Drives:

Ordered an 09!

Hey guys, I'm new on this site and I'd like to say I just ordered my 128i 09. Hopefully will be here in Canada in mid October. Not to sure what the price is exactly but who cares, I'm getting a BMW! I wanted the 135i but couldnt get that will all the packages I want. So I sacrificed the engine for the packages. Let me know what you guys think of the decision and the car. Here is what I ordered.

BMW 128i
Exterior: Alpine White
Interior: Coral Red
Packages:
Premium Package
Premium Audio Package
Comfort Package
Navigation Package

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 10:41 AM   #2
J-Sud
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

what packages did you want that the 135i didnt come with....
      08-28-2008, 10:45 AM   #3
pit1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Congrats, great combo.

IMHO, I would add Sport Pkg, it's even more essential in the 128i to get the M Suspension. if necessary, drop Comfort or Audio. You can always upgrade audio custom later. That's my thought. Turbo is great, but there's still nothing like a good NA engine.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
Tsanger
Rep
Drives:

it's not that the 135i didn't come with packages I wanted, its that the 135i cost more plus my dad didn't want me to get a more expensive car than him. He says it wouldn't make sense. haha

Sorry new to the abbreviations, what is NA?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #5
Steelerbimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsanger View Post
Hey guys, I'm new on this site and I'd like to say I just ordered my 128i 09. Hopefully will be here in Canada in mid October. Not to sure what the price is exactly but who cares, I'm getting a BMW! I wanted the 135i but couldnt get that will all the packages I want. So I sacrificed the engine for the packages. Let me know what you guys think of the decision and the car. Here is what I ordered.

BMW 128i
Exterior: Alpine White
Interior: Coral Red
Packages:
Premium Package
Premium Audio Package
Comfort Package
Navigation Package

Cheers

Drop the premium pkg. since it contains some unnecessary items and it is too expensive.

You can order separately the Coral Boston Leather Sport seats with the Sports Pkg.

You don't need the power seats unless there are more than one driver.

The audio pkg. may not be that much better than the standard for the cost.

Do you really need a Nav.?

Maybe a good Garmin will to just as well if you travel alot and it's portable to any car.

I selected just those options I thought that I would make long-term use of on a regular basis and it was less expensive separately.

I got a fairly loaded 135i Coupe for an MSRP of $41,100 before discounts.

Check the options list again carefully and see what you "need" vs "want" to "must have".

You should have plenty of time to make changes, but do it soon!

BTW, the base price on the 1ers for 2009 have just increased by 2% on all styles and that means a $700 increase for the 135i Coupe to $35,600 base price.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #6
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
my dad didn't want me to get a more expensive car than him. He says it wouldn't make sense.
I'd have to agree with him on that point
Quote:
Sorry new to the abbreviations, what is NA?
NA = Naturally Aspirated. In other words, not boosted.

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #7
Tsanger
Rep
Drives:

Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate the input and thoughts. I am in Canada which has different options compared to the US models. This is what the packages in Canada come with

Premium Package:
Includes: Glass Sunroof, Xenon Headlights, Lights Package, Heated Steering Wheel, BMW Assist with Bluetooth Wireless Technology, (Includes 1 year of Safety and Security Package).

I want the headlights and bluetooth, no questions about that, the sunroof is a nice feature to have for me, and the lights package I could care less but its 1 thing I don't care out of the 4.

Comfort Package:
Includes: Comfort Access, Auto Dimming Exterior Mirrors, (Includes power folding mirrors), Auto Dimming Interior Mirror, Electric Seats w/Driver Memory.

Most likely my girlfriend will be driving this car once in a while so memory is good. Comfort Access is definately a must for me, haha, I could have lived without the comfort package. But they took out the comfot access stand alone option out for the 09's.

Premium Sound Package:
Includes: HiFi Sound System w/DSP, USB Integration, 1 year of Sirus Satelite Radio free.

Music is very important to me, and this is a must. I need good sound when I listen to my music and I notice the difference between the two.

and the Navigation package was my dad's idea, I'm thinking that I will keep this car for a while, like 5 years at least, and once I graduate I might move to a bigger city where GPS will be very useful. I thought about just buying a portable GPS unit but when I used my dad's on his new Merc C350, and one the 08 ier's, I found them to be much better than the portable GPS we have. They probably have gotten better since we bought ours, but I like things to be all integrated.

So ya unfortunately I am unable to change my order now, they only thing I could do is not get the car, but then that means no car for even longer. I'm sure I'll be happy with the 128i especially being my first car I'll be buying on my own.

Thanks, Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #8
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

oops I miss clicked
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 04:48 PM   #9
WhiteOne
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i

I have a hard time believing people pay extra $ to get a sunroof.
I would like my car better without one. JMHO
Appreciate 0