BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-03-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
srl5045
SPO1LED
Rep
Drives:

Navigation & Cupholders!

Hey guys,
I'm brand new to this site.
Just ordered my car this morning.
I've searched this site and I can't find anything about this.
So, heres my question:
If I got navigation on my car, does that mean I have no cupholders because of where the idrive little controller is. I dont know WHAT I would do with no cup holders!
I hope someone can answer this for me. Also, how is idrive. I had an acura before and the navigation was ok, and it had real time... does idrive have that also?
Thanks so much!

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #2
SlapSmak
Private
Rep
Drives:

You will have 2 cup holders, the first is behind the Idrive controller under the arm rest. I use mine to hold my XM tuner which is plugged into the aux port. The second holder is the clip on holder which is in the perfect position to hold a drink. It's only downfall is it is open at the bottom and condensation falls off of cans, bottles and cups not in coozies and drips on your passenger seat. I stick a microfiber cloth in the bottom of it to catch the sweat.
I like the Current Idrive, works great in finding addresses, any that I cant find or when I feel lazy, I just call concierge and have them send me the info to the nav system.
      09-03-2008, 11:11 PM   #3
bdardashti
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapSmak View Post
I like the Current Idrive, works great in finding addresses, any that I cant find or when I feel lazy, I just call concierge and have them send me the info to the nav system.
Is that service part of BMW Assist or just comes with the nav?
Appreciate 0