BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-28-2015, 12:24 PM   #1
Jessemccomas
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 135i

N54 Vrsf 3 Inch Catless Downpipes Review

2009 BMW 135I JB4 MAP 2 with downpipes ( well now anyway )

First of all, I would like to say that VR Speed Factory is a great company to deal with. They have great customer support, and the shipping was outstanding. I ordered the downpipes on Wednesday, and received them Friday. The box was very well packaged, and secure. Came with both downpipes, and the gaskets and hardware. The welds were very nice, and the flanges were as good as OEM.

The fitment was honestly beautiful, and the hardest part about the install is breaking loose all the old hardware (my car has 60k on the clock). The working space is very tight and can be frustrating ( yes you will have to move the steering rack), but it's extremely easy to do. After installing the downpipes, I started the car put the jb4 in map 2, let the car get warm, and went for a drive . Everything was good to go no leaks or fitment issues.

MY FIRST IMPRESSION: Well............. WOW........... The first thing I noticed was the increased throttle response, and its not just increased by a little bit. Installing these downpipes really shows you how restrictive the stock downpipes are on the n54. The turbos spool a lot faster in all RPM ranges, you don't just feel the difference, you hear it as well!!!!! The turbos are very audible, and you can hear them just accelerating normally. I find myself taking joy rides just to hear the turbos spool LOL. VRSF made a hell of a product for the money. JUST BUY THEM....... You seriously won't be disappointed. Installing these 3 inch catless downpipes, and switching to map 2 will give you a good kick!

Here is a video I made to give you an idea of the sound difference. (not the best quality but it works!)

[u2b]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuXuXUxAEdY[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 12:27 PM   #2
Jessemccomas
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 135i

Incase the link was messed up lol.[u2b]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuXuXUxAEdY[u2b]
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 01:41 PM   #3
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, we really appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 05:55 PM   #4
Russiandl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Bmw 135i

Well I was disappointed Until you opened that bad boy up! Wow sounded Awesome!! Good video clip thank you can't wait to order!
Appreciate 0