BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #23
zayzay
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 1M

any advice, do you think the whistling in the engine of my car when i start the car from a cold start without pressing on the gas could be coming from the forge intercooler?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #24
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 94 M3, AW 1M, M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayzay View Post
any advice, do you think the whistling in the engine of my car when i start the car from a cold start without pressing on the gas could be coming from the forge intercooler?
Obviously on cold start the engine is fueling a little more for its 'introduction'. The ecu is 'pressing on the gas' as you say until the idle settles. Hence, the turbos whistle. Seriously though, stop worrying. Turbo engines are meant to make noise. It's like people complaining that their diesel engines rattle.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #25
zayzay
First Lieutenant
Rep

i have started other 1m's and have not heard this whistling sound upon start up. i am wondering if it is the aftermarket forge intercooler that is causing this sound? my car is back at bmw getting checked out again. i have removed the chargepipe with bov, i have also removed the afe intake and put back the stock intake. now the only thing i have that is aftermarket on the car is the forge intercooler and the sound is still there, which makes me wonder if it is the forge intercooler? what do you think?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #26
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayzay View Post
i have started other 1m's and have not heard this whistling sound upon start up. i am wondering if it is the aftermarket forge intercooler that is causing this sound? my car is back at bmw getting checked out again. i have removed the chargepipe with bov, i have also removed the afe intake and put back the stock intake. now the only thing i have that is aftermarket on the car is the forge intercooler and the sound is still there, which makes me wonder if it is the forge intercooler? what do you think?
First of all, I don't hear any whistling sound upon start up. Second, I am not an expert on aftermarket intercoolers but since that's the only aftermarket part that is left on your car and you suspect it, did you check piping of your intercooler, connections?

I also bet that is nothing important though. So, maybe stop worrying too much and listen the car a bit less? The more you listen the more you will hear stuff.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #27
zayzay
First Lieutenant
Rep

bmw adviced me that the whistling sound is coming from the intercooler connections and need some additional rings to hold the connections in place. if the sound is still their, i am going to return the intercooler for a new one. what a pain.
Appreciate 0