mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
I think that it is the orange in the headlight that detracts from the look... can't you get rid of that in the US? .... I get the white and grey, but that orange destroys it.
All US cars come with the orange corners, it is a DOT requirement. There is a lot of US owners that would love the clear headlights but it is not an option when purchasing the car. Someday, I'd like to do the Euro headlight swap.
      08-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #68
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
The color was pulled from Ferrari. Grigio Medio. It's a high gloss non-metallic fairly complex gray with many hues in it. Color changes dramatically depending on lighting conditions. Definitely not 'primer'. I personally love the color(black wheels a bit played out IMO) but at the same time I know not everyone will like it, and that's ok.

Attachment 730462
Believe it or not, I parked right behind a 458 Italia in this exact color a couple of days ago, and was wondering if indeed that was your color choice.

IMHO, this is the least befitting color on a car like the Italia, but it works on your car given it is an 'accessory'/complementing color. But on the Itala the beauty of its lines and transitions just gets lost. Perhaps in a Scuderia version with some stripes/tricolors it would look OK, but other than that it really looked boring for the exotic that it is. Maybe that's what the owner was after, less bling and visibility, I saw 3 458s yesterday alone, and they were all Rossos, which similar to your pt on the black rims, is a bit played out (though granted when you think of a Ferrari red is what comes to mind).

PS: Had PM'ed you to get your thoughts on the H&R sport springs which I am considering as a temp solution before the Ohlins kit is released, mind giving me your views when you have a chance? TIA
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #69
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
...PS: Had PM'ed you to get your thoughts on the H&R sport springs which I am considering as a temp solution before the Ohlins kit is released, mind giving me your views when you have a chance? TIA
Believe it or not I had a nice long reply I was sending on my phone and the mobile forum app failed to send it and all was lost. I never got around to re-sending it but will when I get a chance again.
      08-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #70
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
Believe it or not I had a nice long reply I was sending on my phone and the mobile forum app failed to send it and all was lost. I never got around to re-sending it but will when I get a chance again.
Hah, gotcha, thx for that, and look frwd to your reply.

On an unrelated matter since we were discussing spacers. I am kinda on the fence frankly, yet I say this running (10mm) spacers myself on the 1M. I thought about playing devil's advocate on the pros (better look) vs. cons of running spacers, and here is what I came up with as far as 'cons':

1. Increasing wear on wheel bearings,
2. Adding an extra pound of unsprung weight at each corner,
3. Lowering the effective spring rate,
4. Raising a rooster tail of water spray to trailing cars,
5. Reducing top speed acceleration due to drag of more exposed tire beyond wheel well,
6. Adding an extra sheer surface on a longer wheel bolt,
7. Changing the kingpin axis which reduces steering accuracy and may affect the ESP /yaw control computer's parameters.

Now, I'm playing devil's advocate here as you can tell, all ^^^ really become a factor if one is using a 25mm+ spacer setup IMO. I will eventually go with an aftermarket wheel setup where the offset is such that I get the stance I like without running spacers, just have to see which wheels I like the best. The ones you are running on your car are certainly among my fave What ET are those BTW?
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0