BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #265
tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jerez Black M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Still waiting for an update from my CA calling tomorrow if he doesn't get back to me before.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #266
tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Yeah so I'm so pissed at my CA now. Took way too long to get him to respond so I called for the manager and then he took a couple days to respond only to leave me a vague voicemail that said it will take at lease 25 days.

I asked for specifics and the response I got back was just vague. I am so frustrated that part of me wants to go to another dealer, I live in LA so there are options, and tell them to cancel my order and have it sent to another dealer so they don't get the sale. I will now need a rental for at least a week and I'm pissed.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 01:27 AM   #267
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapout2taxes View Post
Yeah so I'm so pissed at my CA now. Took way too long to get him to respond so I called for the manager and then he took a couple days to respond only to leave me a vague voicemail that said it will take at lease 25 days.

I asked for specifics and the response I got back was just vague. I am so frustrated that part of me wants to go to another dealer, I live in LA so there are options, and tell them to cancel my order and have it sent to another dealer so they don't get the sale. I will now need a rental for at least a week and I'm pissed.
Sorry to hear about that. That sucks. What dealer was this? The good news about living in LA is that there are like 15 BMW dealers within 30 miles. The bad news is, most tend to suck. I've had some bad experiences and have one on order, though took several dealers to just place an order as many seem unresponsive or drag their feet while you try to throw money at them. Best of luck and hope it gets here soon or perhaps exactly what you want is already out there sitting at another dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #268
tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Sorry to hear about that. That sucks. What dealer was this? The good news about living in LA is that there are like 15 BMW dealers within 30 miles. The bad news is, most tend to suck. I've had some bad experiences and have one on order, though took several dealers to just place an order as many seem unresponsive or drag their feet while you try to throw money at them. Best of luck and hope it gets here soon or perhaps exactly what you want is already out there sitting at another dealer.
Bob Smith, they have the best location IMO to do fun test drives. Before I ordered my car we checked to see if any car was available with what I wanted and no dice. PS they did drag their feet on getting the order placed and getting it part of their allocation. I know that is one reason for the delay. That being said, while I am annoyed about the car not getting here on time I am PISSED that their communication is so terrible. Like you said I am trying to throw money at them the least they could do is be responsive. I find it hard to believe that they are selling tons of cars every day making it hard to be in communication with the buyers but what do I know.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #269
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Bob Smith, they have the best location IMO to do fun test drives. Before I ordered my car we checked to see if any car was available with what I wanted and no dice. PS they did drag their feet on getting the order placed and getting it part of their allocation. I know that is one reason for the delay. That being said, while I am annoyed about the car not getting here on time I am PISSED that their communication is so terrible. Like you said I am trying to throw money at them the least they could do is be responsive. I find it hard to believe that they are selling tons of cars every day making it hard to be in communication with the buyers but what do I know.
South Bay BMW dragged their feet for a week getting back to me and then missed their allocations and said it'd be 3-4 weeks before they get more. Thanks, cost me a month on my order. I called Pacific BMW, they got me a great deal and the guy there actually seemed responsive and actively working to get me an allocation even though they didn't have any either. 3 days later, he had a spot and a build date in 2 weeks and took $4k off the price.

What did you end up ordering and more importantly, what does the 1-800 # say the status/location is at this point, though granted it's probably a couple days behind, but better than the website.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #270
tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
South Bay BMW dragged their feet for a week getting back to me and then missed their allocations and said it'd be 3-4 weeks before they get more. Thanks, cost me a month on my order. I called Pacific BMW, they got me a great deal and the guy there actually seemed responsive and actively working to get me an allocation even though they didn't have any either. 3 days later, he had a spot and a build date in 2 weeks and took $4k off the price.

What did you end up ordering and more importantly, what does the 1-800 # say the status/location is at this point, though granted it's probably a couple days behind, but better than the website.
Got a 135 with pretty much everything in white with black leather. Website and phone number say its off to the carrier at the port of exit. Not helpful at all. All I want to know is if it made it on the ship that left yesterday or if it is going to sit for another week. I honestly do not understand how their website or telephone number aren't 100% updated at least daily or current. I gave up and emailed my CA and told him to let me know if its on the boat or not, let's see if I get a response.

I got the price I wanted because when I ordered it I said "either way I am leaving today without a car so you can give it to me for what I want or I can call one of the other 5 dealers in the area and see who will do it for what I want. But I am giving you the first opportunity because you have been nice to me."
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #271
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Got a 135 with pretty much everything in white with black leather. Website and phone number say its off to the carrier at the port of exit. Not helpful at all. All I want to know is if it made it on the ship that left yesterday or if it is going to sit for another week. I honestly do not understand how their website or telephone number aren't 100% updated at least daily or current. I gave up and emailed my CA and told him to let me know if its on the boat or not, let's see if I get a response.

I got the price I wanted because when I ordered it I said "either way I am leaving today without a car so you can give it to me for what I want or I can call one of the other 5 dealers in the area and see who will do it for what I want. But I am giving you the first opportunity because you have been nice to me."
Good luck, hope it gets on the boat. You may want to parooze around cause you might be able to find a white with black leather. I know Bob Smith actually has a white with black leather in manual and Monrovia BMW has a loaded one in auto though it has one of the wood interiors. Century West has a white one though no other details and may even be a 135is. Most dealers seem to only stock white and black with an occasional blue.

Actually, check out Long Beach BMW - they have 3 135s in white with black leather, two DCT, 1 manual, seem pretty loaded, and they even have a 135is in white with black leather.

Having ordered a 135 before though, I know how frustrating the wait is and wanting to know exactly where that car is at any given second. Wish they could put a GPS thing in the car, or if you get the nav/tech package, just activate it and let us track it! Darn it!

Last edited by gregthegr8; 02-23-2013 at 09:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #272
eywflyer
Private
Rep
Drives: 135is DSB 6MT 269/613

I've been entering my VIN into the WWL tracking webpage daily hoping to see it show up in their system (in transit as of Feb 19) but no luck yet. Was playing around with the % wildcard function there and realized that could be used with partial VINs to determine the quantities of various model codes shipped by WWL, at least as far back as their records are currently online.

Using the VIN decoder post in this forum, and the BMW AG model codes in this document:
https://ociaccess.oci.wi.gov/Company...9&filid=196888

one can construct a partial VIN of this: WBAUC9C5%DV% for the 135i coupe, where the first % is the check digit and the second % is the sequential production number. Putting this partial VIN into the WWL search page yields 374 results. Doing the same thing for the 135i convertible partial VIN of WBAUN7C5%DV% yields 401 results. All of these results are dated between late July 2012 and the current time (with the exception of one lone 135 coupe that was delivered to New York on May 21, 2012).

Assuming the "Status Location" results shown in the WWL database accurately reflect the port of delivery location, I'm surprised that only 4 135 coupes and 3 135 convertibles have been delivered to Brunswick during that time. The vast majority were delivered to Baltimore, New York or Port Hueneme. Surely there would be more 135 buyers in Florida and the other Southeastern states in the Brunswick VDC service area than that, plus 135 dealer inventory cars. Maybe some of the inventory cars headed for the Southeast get delivered into Baltimore then are sent south?

I know there are other shipping lines besides WWL for the US market, but interesting results nonetheless.

WWL cargo tracking search page:
http://www.2wglobal.com/www/customer...LaunchPage.htm

Last edited by eywflyer; 02-24-2013 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #273
tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Soooo according to the sales manager I am one of the few people who's paperwork might have gotten lost in the shuffle. According to Germany my car is on a ship but they cannot find any documents right now showing that and the status even in their system has not been updated. FML. Hopefully they will know what the deal is next week but I guess randomly and rarely a car will get shipped and just go from waiting to ship to magically at destination port and I am one of the lucky ones. Lucky me... :
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #274
tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
So this might be a stupid question but when I look at the boat on marinetraffic.com and look at the itineraries the detail shows there are various updates in the form of "midday" and "midnight" positions but there are no corresponding location information. I know its in the middle of the Atlantic and unless they decide to report their position it won't show up but is this a normal thing to see with the positions but no location? I am sure the answer is it is normal updates with no information but I wanted to confirm.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #275
EatMyDust
Recovering Audiphile
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i; 2007 X3; 2001 A4

Ordered 3/1, Production started 3/3, Production complete 3/13 and today ... "Your vehicle is being transported to the port of exit" ... and now a looooooooooonnnnnnnng month before it gets to California. It looks like there's a boat that leaves 3/18 but the cutoff for that is tomorrow, so expecting a 3/25 departure arriving in Port H 4/24 or so. (But at least I get the month to say goodbye to my '01 5-speed A4 2.8 quattro, which has been a blast to drive for the past 12 years.)

Space Gray 135i, Oyster interior, M-Sport, DCT, NAV, H-K sound and the butt warmers.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #276
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Hey EatMyDust,

A couple of us just had ours completed on 3/14 headed to the west coast, so we'll probably be on the boat with you, although yours may sneak on that 3/18 boat perhaps. Keep us updated!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #277
EatMyDust
Recovering Audiphile
Rep

Quote:
Hey EatMyDust,

A couple of us just had ours completed on 3/14 headed to the west coast, so we'll probably be on the boat with you, although yours may sneak on that 3/18 boat perhaps. Keep us updated!
Will do although my info is a little spotty sine I ended up using a broker to place the order. Took a while to get a production no. And still don't have a VIN because I've got to get him to get the info from someone else.

But after reading your tales of woe above I can't complain too much and am glad I went he broker route. Price was about the same I could have got on my own but he was able to call around and secure me a production slot starting within a few days of my order. Biggest bummer was that just after I pulled he trigger we found out they had just discontinued terra cotta leather, and i had to switch colors quickly (from Alpine/Terracotta to Space Gray/Oyster) to avoid losing the slot and ever since I've been questioning if I made the right choice.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #278
jdf
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Hey EatMyDust,

Mine's also in that batch, but mine's headed to the east coast for Performance Center delivery. I'm not sure how to tell which ship mine will be on ahead of time-- Asian King leaves Bremerhaven on the 20th to arrive in Brunswick on the 9th of April; Honor departs Bremerhaven on the 21st to arrive on the 10th, and depending on how long she takes to get trucked to Bremerhaven, it could be Mignon on the 27th.

Given that my expected delivery day is 9 May, any of them should get there in plenty of time... unless too many Customs agents in Brunswick get furloughed...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #279
EatMyDust
Recovering Audiphile
Rep

Quote:
Hey EatMyDust,

Updated today: "Your vehicle is at the port awaiting a shipping vessel." Guessing that means I am with you on the 3/25 run aboard the Philadelphia Explorer, unless I snuck on board the earlier one and the phone hasn't caught up yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #280
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Alas, most of us are still at the stage of "released to carrier and awaiting transportation to the port of exit" according to the 1-800 number. You know how long it took for your car to go from that status to awaiting a vessel status?

Hope to see you on the Philadelphia Explorer.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #281
EatMyDust
Recovering Audiphile
Rep

Quote:
Alas, most of us are still at the stage of "released to carrier and awaiting transportation to the port of exit" according to the 1-800 number. You know how long it took for your car to go from that status to awaiting a vessel status?

Hope to see you on the Philadelphia Explorer.
It was pretty quick -- Production was finished 3/13, I think it was awaiting transit 3/14 and "being transported to the port of exit" 3/15. I did not check over the weekend but first thing this morning (3/18) I got the "at the port of exit" message.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #282
tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Just letting you know your car could be stuck at the port for up to 2 weeks. That's what happened to mine and my CA lied to me about it being on an earlier ship. That all being said, I caught pictures of my boat going through the locks earlier today (Panama Canal). Will post them later. Only 8 days till port!! Hopefully it was safe in transit.

My car passing under the Centennial Bridge

My Car passing through the Miraflores locks (I was so pissed I missed the enterance clip with the close up of the ship's name) damn work always getting in the way!!!

Last edited by tapout2taxes; 03-20-2013 at 12:04 AM.. Reason: adding pictures
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #283
EatMyDust
Recovering Audiphile
Rep

Quote:
Just letting you know your car could be stuck at the port for up to 2 weeks. That's what happened to mine and my CA lied to me about it being on an earlier ship. [/IMG]
Nice pics. I am jealous. :-)

Well my car has been at the port for a week now and it looks like tomorrow will tell if I get the same runaround you did. I am now thinking if we make it we will be on the Toreador, which is listed on the W&W website as leaving Bremerhaven 3/23 and arriving in Port Hueneme 4/17. (A search for the same Bremer-->Pt.H route on the NYK site returns the Philadelphia Express leaving 3/23, but arrivals are only in Houston and Savannah, and it looks like it is rail service from there to Long Beach with arrival 4/16 or 4/24 depending on where you are offloaded.)

Fingers crossed we will all be on one of those boats!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #284
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Sounds like we're all sitting there waiting to get on the Toreador boat.

Will see you all on there hopefully. Don't think the Philadelphia Express will have any potential west coast cars as they don't through Port Hueneme.

At least the Toreador has starting moving again...been sitting moored/achored off the coast for days!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #285
tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Did your cars end up on the ship? Mine just arrived at like 5 am and cleared customs at 12:30 so I'm praying for no damages and a safe trip to the dealer ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 12:19 AM   #286
tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
My car is where it is supposed to be now, in my garage In the end I have never been happier to not be speeding. If only the cars came broken in!
Appreciate 0