Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHAUS View Post
Thanks !
Can you answer out R & D questions and if they are in fact manufactured in Korea?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #25
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

Quote:
Meisterschaft is constructed of T304 POSCO Stainless Steel - the top of the line SUS Material.
Regarding R & D, final product has already been Fluid Flow-meter tested and Kiva thermodynamics flow calculated. Several Independent 4wheel chassis Dynamometer tests are in progress, results will be reported to us shortly.

Unlike others, Meisterschaft exhaust unit utilizes the largest piping in industry, single 76mm inlet pipe (3inch) into dual branch 66mm piping (2.6 inch) connected to quad 63mm (2.5inch) neck connections. Perfect – individual mandrel bent pipes (with plasma cutting/precision laser welding) have been used. This unit will deliver the absolute best sounding with the most power (HP/TQ) gain for your 1M (E82) coupe.

Fit and finish is also perfect. Installation Fitment is flawless. The tips accurately line up evenly with bumper line, 4x83mm dual layer (with Bernoulli’s aero split tip design implemented). The exhaust system itself actually fits better than the stock exhaust unit.

And here is the requested weight info:

Front Section (Bolt on) OE system weighs 27.5 LBS
Meisterschaft Resonated Mid (SUS): 23.5 LBS
Meisterschaft Non-resonated Mid (SUS): 20.5 LBS
Meisterschaft Resonated Mid (Ti): 14.3 LBS
Meisterschaft Non-resonated Mid (Ti): 9.7 LBS

Rear Section (Bolt on: Including the connecting pipe section)
OE system weighs: 26 LBS
Meisterschaft Super GT (SUS): 21 LBS
Meisterschaft Super GT (SUS) without the connecting pipe (rear axle back alone): 16 LBS
Meisterschaft Super GT (Ti): 12.5 LBS
Meisterschaft Super GT (Ti) without the connecting pipe (rear axle back alone): 9.0 LBS

Interested to know what other brands are claiming on the weights of their exhaust systems
since the stock OE units are pretty light to begin with (26.0 LBS + 27.5 LBS = 53.5 LBS).
Could you enlighten me on what "Kiva thermodynamics flow" exactly is? Because as far as I can research such a thing doesn't exist.

Fluid flowmeter calibration is fine and all if you're testing a piping system for liquid flow i.e. oil, water, etc etc. Not the same for testing gasses/exhaust flow so not sure what you are testing here either.

"Several independent 4wheel chassis dynamometer tests" - Hey its cool if you're throwing a 1M on SEVERAL AWD dynos, but that thing is RWD, the type of dyno won't matter, the brand of dyno will. No need to add fluff words to your post.

To the last bolded statement, how are you going to challenge the OEM exhaust fitment? Are you telling BMW that they fitted their exhaust incorrectly to the vehicle? I am 100% confident that BMW did extensive research, design and development of many of the components of the 1M, including the exhaust. I'm sure others can make a more free flowing exhaust, a better sounding exhaust, a better looking exhaust, but a better FITTING exhaust is a little perplexing.

Where are the pics of this supposed R&D? Pictures of the CAD designs? Pics of your manufacturing process? Are these exhausts manufactured to ISO 9001 standards? How many prototypes were made before reaching the final product? Like I said, anyone can bend and weld pipe, to make a quality product that has been put through extensive design and testing is another. Adding a lot of BS tests and fluff words is insulting if you think we can be fooled by that.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #26
GTHAUS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclezMarinara View Post
Can you answer out R & D questions and if they are in fact manufactured in Korea?
Sure, it is no secret, All Meisterschaft products have always been and are proudly manufactured in Korea.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #27
GTHAUS
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher5 View Post
Could you enlighten me on what "Kiva thermodynamics flow" exactly is? Because as far as I can research such a thing doesn't exist.

Fluid flowmeter calibration is fine and all if you're testing a piping system for liquid flow i.e. oil, water, etc etc. Not the same for testing gasses/exhaust flow so not sure what you are testing here either.

"Several independent 4wheel chassis dynamometer tests" - Hey its cool if you're throwing a 1M on SEVERAL AWD dynos, but that thing is RWD, the type of dyno won't matter, the brand of dyno will. No need to add fluff words to your post.

To the last bolded statement, how are you going to challenge the OEM exhaust fitment? Are you telling BMW that they fitted their exhaust incorrectly to the vehicle? I am 100% confident that BMW did extensive research, design and development of many of the components of the 1M, including the exhaust. I'm sure others can make a more free flowing exhaust, a better sounding exhaust, a better looking exhaust, but a better FITTING exhaust is a little perplexing.

Where are the pics of this supposed R&D? Pictures of the CAD designs? Pics of your manufacturing process? Are these exhausts manufactured to ISO 9001 standards? How many prototypes were made before reaching the final product? Like I said, anyone can bend and weld pipe, to make a quality product that has been put through extensive design and testing is another. Adding a lot of BS tests and fluff words is insulting if you think we can be fooled by that.

wow... we almost feel this is unnecessarily directed attack.
All we wanted to do was, talk about the video we have posted up on our YouTube Channel.
We have never seen such questions directed towards other brands postings,
We do not feel the complete necessity to answer all your questions,
However as this is a public forum, we will do our best to answer your raised questions.

--> We can assure you “Kiva” Kiva-3v software does indeed exist, in fact our engineers are using it for product designs. Please do some more research, you will find some info on this, we did not want to get technical here, but since you have asked, here is a brief of its usage.
It is a “Fluid-thermodynamics” measuring method “analyzing software”. You can perform a lot of different tests with it; mainly it calculates and analyzes hot state or cold state fluid in motion such as gas particle travel or fuel break ups and heat dissipations within a given area such as internal combustion engine cylinders or flows within intake manifolds and exhaust systems, which we decided to utilize it to design and test specs of our exhaust systems. Sure, you are right anyone could bend and weld pipes, but we assure you there are reasons for designs of our products. FYI, this was the main testing software tool to design the GDI engine itself for many car manufacturers in the past.

--> In engineering term, Fluid thermodynamics also includes “gas state” motion, Please don’t confuse fluid with just liquid state substances, which you have confused with.

--> Unintended, you are correct, 1M is a RWD vehicle, but it also so happens that the dynamometer, our vehicle will be tested on, is an AWD dynamometer. No other intentions.

--> Your statement is quite Bold. Before we get into any further details on this matter, the requested information is pretty confidential to our R&D and engineering design purposes. We assure you they exist, by the same token, we challenge you to request the same things from any product manufacturer (Not just exhaust manufacturer but such as Apple or Toyota) to reveal their R&D process and their product CAD designs and so on, and see what their responses will be.

If you are a perspective customer of ours and sincerely interested in learning of our product details, for sure, we can further assist you and fulfill your requests. Please feel free to contact us directly at anytime. Our website is www.gthaus.com and our telephone number is 866.278.1896.

BTW, please double check your idea of what ISO9001 refers to because it does not referred to product quality control. To make things easy, please review the following:

The internationally recognized ISO 9001 standard is generic. It is not a product standard, but applicable to any manufacturing or service industry. Created by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), its objective is to set international requirements for quality management systems, not products…..

Now Back to original discussion,
We are not here for a business audit or anyone's boring lecture.
let’s enjoy the Video!!!

To the other forum members who enjoy our products and videos,
We are very sorry for this very long winded, unnecessary discussion.

GTHAUS
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #28
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:

You definitely are coming off a bit harsh and interrogative.

It also seems like you are are pretty uneducated on the subject of fluids. The first thing you learn in fluid dynamics is the definition of a fluid, which apparently you are unaware of.

I have no problems calling-out suppliers if you feel they are BSing the public, but do so when:
1. There is a legitimate concern they are doing so
2. You are educated and informed enough to do so

As Abe Lincoln said:
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
      08-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #29
GTHAUS
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
German name but the exhaust is Korean made.
Meisterschaft Products are manufactured in our own Factory located in Korea,
with the highest standards of material and quality. This is no longer a question.

Unless you are insulting Korean manufactured product goods,
What is wrong with Korean made products with German Brand Name?
Pls.. Take a look at the back of your I-phone and read what it says.
Samsung monitors are made in Mexico and a lot of OE BMW parts are made in Korea.

(Admin, Moderator, If above statement is inappropriate for this forum or thread, we will certainly edit it out for your members.
however, we are trying to make a point here ..Please.. There are countless (small and large) companies that are doing business globalization
and there is nothing wrong with it, and in fact his post was insulting indeed in every aspects)

GTHAUS

Last edited by GTHAUS; 08-19-2011 at 09:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #30
GTHAUS
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flzrider View Post

It also seems like you are are pretty uneducated on the subject of fluids. The first thing you learn in fluid dynamics is the definition of a fluid, which apparently you are unaware of.

I have no problems calling-out suppliers if you feel they are BSing the public, but do so when:

As Abe Lincoln said:
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Thank you for your educated response.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #31
bklounge
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Why did you choose to go axle-back opposed to cat-back?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #32
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:

I don't understand the skepticism here by a few members. Ive been in the tuning world for awhile and I've never seen a company release r&d or manufacturing photos. LOL. Even worse YOU WANT HIS CAD DESIGNS? your shitting me right? you really think someone would give that? You want his bank acct information too?

All the matters is the quality of the metal, welds, and dyne results. THAT IS ALL.

Quote:
Thank you for your educated response.
Thanks for your reply! If it was my product idk if i would had been as nice ...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #33
GTHAUS
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklounge View Post
Why did you choose to go axle-back opposed to cat-back?
Tuned1 (1M on this video) has the full cat-back exhaust. He got:
Front Mid pipe section with resonator (SUS) + GT rear section (SUS) 4x83mm tips.
He will be using his vehicle for daily use, that's why he got the resonated mid section.
Hope this makes sense.

GTHAUS
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #34
bklounge
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Thanks for the reply. Would you consider a group buy?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 09:39 PM   #35
GTHAUS
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklounge View Post
Thanks for the reply. Would you consider a group buy?
I will advise sales team about your GB request and see what can be done. Thank you very much for your interests.

GTHAUS
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #36
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by flzrider View Post

As Abe Lincoln said:
+1

It's funny how people think they can do some research on the Internet and start discussing engineering topics.

GTHAUS - I applaud your professional response.
Here's the tough question. Does your system drone and if so at what rpm range?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 10:17 PM   #37
gotboost426
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M and 2004 M3

I actually put my order in through a dealer in the North Jersey area...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #38
Gtrain
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: something slowwwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotboost426 View Post
I actually put my order in through a dealer in the North Jersey area...
That would be fairly close to me. Can you please provide me the contact and price?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #39
gotboost426
Private First Class
Rep

Auto Couture in Hillsdale.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #40
gotboost426
Private First Class
Rep

2k for the muffler section...I already have mid pipes.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #41
emack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4F82,Akra/Eventuri/Stage2Tune

cipher5...............what an absolutely f*(ked post! Why are your panties in such a wad?! Totally unnecessary and unwanted comments.

Feel better now...............

GTHAUS: How do I get one of your systems in Sydney Australia??

Ta,

P.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #42
GTHAUS
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
+1

It's funny how people think they can do some research on the Internet and start discussing engineering topics.

GTHAUS - I applaud your professional response.
Here's the tough question. Does your system drone and if so at what rpm range?

Thank you for your kind words.
We will find out the answer to your requested information.
We will check with our engineering team and will get back to you shortly.
Again, thank you for your compliments.

GTHAUS
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #43
GTHAUS
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotboost426 View Post
Auto Couture in Hillsdale.
ACM !!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #44
GTHAUS
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by emack View Post
cipher5...............what an absolutely f*(ked post! Why are your panties in such a wad?! Totally unnecessary and unwanted comments.

Feel better now...............

GTHAUS: How do I get one of your systems in Sydney Australia??

Ta,

P.
and

Clever decision and also Precise introspection, sir.
That is exactly what he and "his friends" don't want customers and forum members to do.
we sincerely appreciate your "insight" on this matter.

Thank you very much for your interests in GTHAUS Meisterschaft products and
Please contact us or our authorized dealers at anytime to place an order,
we will certainly accept orders from you. Thank you again.

GTHAUS

Last edited by GTHAUS; 08-20-2011 at 10:04 PM..
Appreciate 0