BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-06-2015, 03:03 PM   #23
Yeineken
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i M Sport

Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'16 Ford Hatchback  [0.00]
'15 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inFamousKicks
I don't get too much hate, but I'll frequently get the immediate honking if I'm first at the light
I despise that. I usually sit for 2-3 seconds before I starting moving at a snails pace until they go around then take off.
      04-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #24
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalcyon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeineken View Post

I agree that people love to hate on BMWs. If I pass, they speed up. If I'm at a light they love to pull up as close as possible on my ass. I'm getting to the point that I automatically block it out, ignore it and just stick to the windy back roads.
Holy crap, I notice this too... If im driving my golf and I pass someone no one tends to speed up and prevent me from trying to. In the 1er, the second I go to pass a car going 10 under the limit he is magically going 20 over when I go to pass... It's usually minivans, suv's, and some pickups here that are the main offenders.

It's really f'ing annoying. Luckily we have cars that are more than capable of passing even when most of these tards have their foot down on the accelerator.

The best was when I once passed a hummer h2 once that was going slow on a single lane road on my way home. Driven by some middle aged woman, she sped up foaming at the mouth with a serious case of road rage. She following me towards home, honking at me and taking pictures of my car with her cellphone while driving.
+1 same story when I drive my GTi and 1er.
      04-06-2015, 04:27 PM   #25
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36addict View Post
Haha. That happened to me once in the roadster as well.. Guy cut me off in a huge Cummins, so I got right on is ass for a couple seconds, then went around. He proceeded to smoke me out real, real bad.. So once I got around I gave him a big thumbs up. Probably not what he was expecting. I love the smell of diesel.
LMAO I can only imagine what this looked like from a 3rd party
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 07:32 PM   #26
MuNkY6913
The Crowing
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
LMAO I can only imagine what this looked like from a 3rd party
Every year there's a "last cruise" through town. There's like 3 big diesels that go through town doing this to everyone. It is funny when it's not you.

2009 135i : BMS JB4 G5 ISO,CXRacing FMIC Kit,Injen Cold Air Intake,Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe,Walboro Inline Fuel Pump, E85 BMS Backend Flash w/ 60% E85,BMS Meth injection (trunkmount),BMS dual meth nozzles,Spec stage 2+ clutch w/ steel SWFW,BMS Catless Downpipes,Berk Tech Race Axleback
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 09:09 PM   #27
amsnow440
Olmec's Temple Guard
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i 6MT, 05 Legacy GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocklanders View Post
That reminds me of once on I10 when I was cruising along and some assneck in what must have been a stolen Chevy cruze tried to squeeze in when we came up on traffic. His rear wheel was even with my front as I ran on to the left shoulder to avoid spinning him out. Well his Cruze was no match for the 335, so I passed, stuck him behind me while I drove next to a tractor trailer, when the road opened up to three lanes I gunned it so he couldn't get in front till I found another big rig. I did this from Lake Charles to Beaumont. That dude was pissed, I'm pretty sure if I had gotten a flat or something it would have been a fight to the death.
Excellent! And that is now my new word of the week....
      04-11-2015, 10:43 PM   #28
thehalcyon
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i MT LeMans

Just had an interesting one today...

Gf and I in the car on my way to an outlet mall this afternoon.
its a 4 lane hwy (med/light traffic) with an extra HOV lane for 2 or more passengers, total of 5 lanes.

Speed limit is 100 km\h. Everyone normally drives 110-120ish here. Anyway come up to this burgundy buick rendevous in the HOV lane going the same speed as the vehicles in far far right lane. Around 100 or just under.

I wait a few seconds and now there is about 5-6 cars behind me wondering what the heck.
Buick totally oblivious that hes blocking traffic, I never once ride his bumper always keeping a safe distance back... anyway after about 15 seconds I flash my lights so he notices hes blocking traffic.

I see hes looking in mirror and I do one of those shoulder shrugs... like "hey buddy come on, pay attention you're blocking traffic, HOV lane isn't your personal hwy because you have your family in the car."

At this point he matches the vehicle speed next to him so no one can get around. So whatever not worth it I back off and patiently wait for an opening in the lane next to me. about 1-2 min later I move over and pull up beside to have a look at this moron. I give a thumbs up in appreciation (seems to cause more rage than giving the ol'finger ). I see his wife yelling in passenger seat raging and the guy driving making all kinds of gestures as well. The next part is lovely...

He accelerates , cuts me off and slams on his brakes. Keep in mind this moron has his whole family and what looked like kids in the back. basically from 110km right down to about 50/60km/hr with cars zipping past at double the speed on both sides.

I brake.. no problem people behind me have to slam on their brakes and start honking (presumably at the idiot in the van) that nearly caused a big accident on the hwy. I say to my gf, look its like one of those crazy road rage videos you see on live leaks.

I wait for an opening and go to pass he cuts me off again, so I back off some more, this idiot is waving around all over. Where is a cop when you need one. Anyway finally saw an opening and got the fuck out of there. Wouldn't suprise me if that guy ended up intentionally ramming my car.

Anyway thats my rant for today, I need a drink! and I should really look into getting a dash cam.

Last edited by thehalcyon; 04-11-2015 at 10:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 01:54 AM   #29
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Similar kind of thing happened to me and my daughter one day. We were in her car driving down a two lane street and we came up behind this Tundra who was going really slow, so my daughter just stayed behind him at a safe distance for a while wondering if he was going to pull over or make a turn or eventually speed up, but he didn't. He just kept plodding along at about 15 mph. The speed limit was 35 mph.

After a little bit, she asked me if she should pass him, and I told her she should, but to make sure it was clear first. There were no cars coming the other way so she attempted to pass him. It looked like a father and maybe a young teenage son in the truck.

As she made her attempt, he suddenly pulled out in front of us and my daughter slammed on the brakes. Just as suddenly he pulled back into his lane and my daughter passed him. I looked at him as we passed and he looked like he was filled with rage.

My daughter pulled back to our side of traffic and he came up right behind us on our tail. We became very nervous because it was obviously road rage and we didn't know what his intentions were. We made a few turns and he stayed right with us.

A few blocks away was a fire station so I told my daughter to go there. As we made the turns toward the fire station the guy in the Tundra stayed right with us. When we pulled into the driveway of the fire station the Tundra just kept on going.

It all happened so quick, I didn't get the license plate number of the Tundra, and it was quicker to go to the fire station then to call 911 and report what was going on and hope that help would come soon.

And it was over just a quick as it started. He was going slow, we waited, we tried to pass him and eventually did pass him and he became enraged. He could have had a gun, he could have rammed us with his truck, anything could have happened. Some people behind the wheel just go temporarily insane. You just never know what will happen next.
      04-12-2015, 12:33 PM   #30
Ed P
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 Sdrive28i

One way to handle road rage...

... gone but never forgotten ...
2013 135i M-Sport
Mineral Gray over Oyster Boston Leather
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 01:20 PM   #31
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed P View Post
I've seen that video before. Lucky that turned out well for the guy in the BMW. I could see that going all kinds of wrong. Would've loved to have been him though, putting those assholes in their place. Couple of real dicks! That's one for our side.
      04-12-2015, 01:20 PM   #32
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenEsteban View Post
I've sen that video before. Lucky that turned out well for the guy in the BMW. I could see that going all kinds of wrong. Would've loved to have been him though, putting those assholes in their place. Couple of real dicks! That's one for our side.
Our side?
      04-12-2015, 01:23 PM   #33
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Our side?
Yeah... the good guys. Well, maybe not your side, i dunno.
      04-12-2015, 02:42 PM   #34
inFamousKicks
Member.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed P View Post

idk, but something about this feels so scripted.

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 03:01 PM   #35
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFamousKicks View Post
idk, but something about this feels so scripted.
It does seem like a short movie, and there's obviously the Clint Eastwood style hero (good guy) and then there's the "rednecks" in the truck (bad guys).

Last edited by Esteban; 04-12-2015 at 03:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 03:19 PM   #36
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenEsteban View Post
Yeah... the good guys. Well, maybe not your side, i dunno.

I dunno, doesn't seem terribly scripted to me. Some of the stuttering rage taunting seemed fairly legit and definitely in line with what I have had directed at me on numerous occasions.

Guy definitely had some balls to do what he did though.
      04-12-2015, 03:36 PM   #37
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post

I dunno, doesn't seem terribly scripted to me. Some of the stuttering rage taunting seemed fairly legit and definitely in line with what I have had directed at me on numerous occasions.

Guy definitely had some balls to do what he did though.
Yup, it's been debunked. It wasn't scripted, but a fake nonetheless.

http://msgboard.snopes.com/message/u.../1.html#000006

Last edited by Esteban; 04-12-2015 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 0