BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #23
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

^Ohh, I see. That's not that crazy at all! Good to see you're fitting the wheels without having to resort to buying camber plates or anything like that. Awesome

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #24
FactoryFast
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i ///M Dinan S2;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
^Ohh, I see. That's not that crazy at all! Good to see you're fitting the wheels without having to resort to buying camber plates or anything like that. Awesome
Im pretty excited about it myself. Im happy we lowered the car in the rear a little bit. Im also happy that my shop has seen the rear coil adjustment and gave it the blessing. He was great working with me on this project. My car is going in the body shop because a stick went through the front bumper. If you havent see that picture I have a thread in the Photos forum. Im going to attempt and roll the fenders before it goes in. This way if i make a mistake, it will just get handled when it goes in for the bumper.

Here's something interesting... Ive been running wider/stickier tires since i got rid of the runflats in 2009. Now with these All season 225/35/19s on the rear, there isnt as much grip....but it balanced out the way the car responds when in an oversteer situation. Basically, drifting the car used to require different steering/throttle inputs depending on going left or right. Its still not 100% but i like how its not so drastically different anymore. I like it alot.
      03-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #25
DemolitionJim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 MW M3

i think it looks great man. kudos for doing something different.

ive been there with fitting and tires and all that stuff, so i know what a pain it is and how much time and money come into play. at least you got it right now and it looks awesome.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #26
FactoryFast
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i Hockey Guy View Post
i think it looks great man. kudos for doing something different.

ive been there with fitting and tires and all that stuff, so i know what a pain it is and how much time and money come into play. at least you got it right now and it looks awesome.
Thanks guys. I dont need to roll the fenders much to get the rims to stop rubbing. I havent pulled the liner yet either. Almost there!
      03-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #27
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactoryFast View Post
Im pretty excited about it myself. Im happy we lowered the car in the rear a little bit. Im also happy that my shop has seen the rear coil adjustment and gave it the blessing. He was great working with me on this project. My car is going in the body shop because a stick went through the front bumper. If you havent see that picture I have a thread in the Photos forum. Im going to attempt and roll the fenders before it goes in. This way if i make a mistake, it will just get handled when it goes in for the bumper.

Here's something interesting... Ive been running wider/stickier tires since i got rid of the runflats in 2009. Now with these All season 225/35/19s on the rear, there isnt as much grip....but it balanced out the way the car responds when in an oversteer situation. Basically, drifting the car used to require different steering/throttle inputs depending on going left or right. Its still not 100% but i like how its not so drastically different anymore. I like it alot.
If you're enjoying it, then you're doing it right! And its crazy that you didn't even need to roll the fenders for it to fit 99%. You've definitely saved me a lot of trial and error for when I get my Miros. I really appreciate it.

And yeah, I saw your bumper picture! Holy crap! I am glad you're okay, man. That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen or even heard of happening to a car. And I hope insurance is covering it! Are you getting a different bumper than the stock M-Sport one? I got into an accident and used the opportunity to upgrade to the performance bumper. The price difference between the two after install and painting is very minimal.

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #28
mkppk
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i xDrive M Performance

$400 is a good deal, but they are too big for the car. Sell em, get some that fit, pocket the profit.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #29
FactoryFast
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkppk View Post
$400 is a good deal, but they are too big for the car. Sell em, get some that fit, pocket the profit.
working on it.
      03-27-2012, 03:19 AM   #30
danitalia1
Rep
Drives: 123d

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactoryFast View Post
My wife purchased this set of wheels a while back and ran them on her 3 series before trading it in. These monsters have been sitting in the garage for a while and since the winter here in the NorEast has been a joke, I decided to see if they fit on the 135.

Here are the specs on the setup:

Fronts:
5x120
19x8.5
et35
815kg
235-35-19 BF Goodrich G-Force T/A

Rear:
5x120
19x9.5
et33
815kg
265-30-19 BF Goodrich G-Force T/A

They are huge. Fronts have been okay but I havent driven too hard because of the rears. I may raise up a little bit.The rears are rubbing over uneven surface. I have a KW variant 1 setup in the car and I have about another 1/4" maybe to raise in the rear...maybe a bit more if im feelin frisky. thats my next move. I may need 255/245s on the rear to make this work but im far from giving up this battle. Lots of grip here. Some poke.

Love it ! Very great
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #31
FactoryFast
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Today I started my attempt to roll the rear fenders. My car is simultaneously getting a spa treatment at the body shop down the street so excuse the nakedness...gotta look fresh for the season.

My buddy who knows body work came over to lend a hand. Hes never done this before either so we are moving VERY slowly and packed it in after doing one side. Tomorrow is another day and that side will be revisited..

So far, ive learned that another jack is needed to hold the suspension from flexing when I tighten down. I have the additional jack.

All the paint that could peel when rolling has been rubbed off. No heat gun needed so far.

I removed the fender liner (found a nest on top of it) but I am concerned about something that looks like an airbag sensor and also something with the e-brake. I may trim the liner instead of total removal. I also dont like leaving the exposed threads from the liner nuts, the nuts are back on until i figure out the solution.

We definitely did some rolling today but it was very finite. I may be good since i dont need much...just a couple mm's to keep the rim from rubbing. the tires are clear. Once I get that other jack in the mix i should be able to do a little more.

Here's a few pictures from today. Ill do some good before and after pics when im finished but here is what were doing:

Naked:

Virgin Fender:

They see us rollin...

Back at it again tomorrow...

Last edited by FactoryFast; 04-03-2012 at 08:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #32
hugen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 440i GC

Thanks for the pictures and sharing the updates.. I'd like to see the finished results
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #33
FactoryFast
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugen View Post
Thanks for the pictures and sharing the updates.. I'd like to see the finished results
id like to see those results as well lol...

I went at it again today...measured .15 inch difference between the two fenders...

At that point i packed it in and brought the car back to the shop. Not worth damaging the car over in my opinion. The owner said if i left the tool he would do it for me...sweet.

done deal. Ill be picking up my car after our honeymoon cruise all freshed out and ZERO rub.

04-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #34
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep

^Sweet! Finally! I think they look absolutely great! And they can finally fit right. I saw your post and thought "shit I hope he's not doing the front", but then I remembered you're only rubbing in rear. Can't roll the fronts apparently, because the fenders are made of plastic and not real metal or something.

Can't wait to see the final, finished product. Some people may say it's dumb, but I think it's kind of extra special when your wheel requires a bit of "work" to get on. It's pretty much a guarantee that almost nobody else is running it and you're unique, plus it just makes it more satisfying, right?

I just put on my Miro wheels. A little bit of rub in front (I'm lowered, it didn't originally rub but my suspension re-settled after the install and it started rubbing the next day). None in rear, but then again these are ET45 in back. Raising it just a tiny bit will fix the problem. Not trying to jack your thread at all, but here's a pic. I think many Miro wheels look absolutely great:

Be sure to post some pics of your completed project

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #35
FactoryFast
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
^Sweet! Finally! I think they look absolutely great! And they can finally fit right. I saw your post and thought "shit I hope he's not doing the front", but then I remembered you're only rubbing in rear. Can't roll the fronts apparently, because the fenders are made of plastic and not real metal or something.

Can't wait to see the final, finished product. Some people may say it's dumb, but I think it's kind of extra special when your wheel requires a bit of "work" to get on. It's pretty much a guarantee that almost nobody else is running it and you're unique, plus it just makes it more satisfying, right?

I just put on my Miro wheels. A little bit of rub in front (I'm lowered, it didn't originally rub but my suspension re-settled after the install and it started rubbing the next day). None in rear, but then again these are ET45 in back. Raising it just a tiny bit will fix the problem. Not trying to jack your thread at all, but here's a pic. I think many Miro wheels look absolutely great:

Oh, the photoshoot is coming...dont you worry. Thank you for your support on this one. Your setup is dope and having said that, this is more like a miro stroke thread now than a jacked one
      04-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #36
hugen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 440i GC

I don't think that applies on our cars, I had a E92 and that was deff the case (plastic or poly) but when I knock on the fenders of the 1 its metal.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #37
FactoryFast
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Had to cancel my photoshoot this past weekend due to weather so i decided to snap some pics quick today to share my finished product:

few weeks ago: