BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #23
timbo_3101
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slow

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=595587&page=2
Posts #30-33
Despite this unsuccessful salvage, I still stock Slime repair and accept that it cannot plug a large defects - although Tyrepower North Melbourne is still the mainstay of my tyre and maintenance support.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 11:25 AM   #24
FJc335
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: platinum bronze e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
My local tyre place told me that they consider ANY of these products to be toxic and will not repair a tyre that has been "slimed" - regardless of the brand. They don't even want to touch the stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that this is just a marketing ploy as they'd much rather sell a new tyre than repair one but am interested to know if anyone has any experiences with actually getting a slimed tyre repaired - good or bad...

Also: I've been wondering if BMW Roadside Assist still covers you for a puncture if you're not using Runflats?
They'll find any excuse to sell you a new tire and this is a perfect one for them.

Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
Appreciate 0