BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #45
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
youre always such the nice guy
you need to be working for the united nations

shucks, now I feel like I have to say something nice after being rude.

Here goes;

The video clips are very slick and well made
and the car looks pretty nice at :55
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #46
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschnell View Post

Here goes;

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #47
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Looks like you're not intelligent enough to plug in the wheel sizes... First website that came up when I searched "D2 Forged Wheels". You wanna retract your statement along with your "haha"?

.. $8k a set there is what i said in the first case (way off $10k)

but keep searching, there's tons of vendors that get much closer to the $5k price tag i stated

so no, no retraction, nor of my amusement.

not sure why you're so defensive of this car haha
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #48
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
These are the responses I usually get when I post something up on Audizine or forums like that, not bimmerpost.
i'd say you were new here, but you're not

this is bimmerpost in a nutshell lol. can't believe it took you so long to realize.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #49
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
.. $8k a set there is what i said in the first case (way off $10k)

but keep searching, there's tons of vendors that get much closer to the $5k price tag i stated

so no, no retraction, nor of my amusement.

not sure why you're so defensive of this car haha
I'm really not defensive of the car, I was defending myself. 8k doesn't include tires which I imagine for 20" is at least 1k. You tried to prove me wrong when I said they were 10k and I proved you wrong as a result. I couldn't find any other vendors that sell the wheels online other than group buys, so please share the link if you find one.

Quote:
i'd say you were new here, but you're not

this is bimmerpost in a nutshell lol. can't believe it took you so long to realize.
Ehh i'd say maybe this is 1addicts in a nutshell but not bimmerpost. When I go on audizine I see shit like this all the time, people just railing on someones car if they don't like what they did instead of giving some good criticism. On e90post people will usually give some nice criticism not just whine about the price it's for sale, how they would get a ferrari instead, the lines are off, etc... It's not even my car so as I said prior I really don't care. I posted the video thinking some guys would enjoy watching a well edited video of a 1 series, not to advertise and defend the car. To be honest I used to think it was one of the ugliest 135's I had ever seen. It really does look better in person... Once I saw it in person I realized it was actually pretty cool and unique looking. Again it's not a car meant to have all the lines flow perfectly, full suspension, etc... It was a car built to go to shows and attract attention.
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #50
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschnell View Post

Here goes;

Hahah it's not my car I don't need compliments I really could care less. I'm sure the person who made the video does appreciate the compliment on the clips though
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #51
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I'm really not defensive of the car, I was defending myself. 8k doesn't include tires which I imagine for 20" is at least 1k. You tried to prove me wrong when I said they were 10k and I proved you wrong as a result. I couldn't find any other vendors that sell the wheels online other than group buys, so please share the link if you find one.
ah if we're going to factor in tyres - you don't usually add anything to the price of a car with them though since they're short wearing items

http://howeyindustries.com/d2forged-mb2-816.html

first result on google has them <$8k

http://www.carid.com/d2forged-wheels...h-4107926.html
<$7k

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/d...-p-117566.html

looks like $6k and below.

Quote:
Ehh i'd say maybe this is 1addicts in a nutshell but not bimmerpost. When I go on audizine I see shit like this all the time, people just railing on someones car if they don't like what they did instead of giving some good criticism. On e90post people will usually give some nice criticism not just whine about the price it's for sale, how they would get a ferrari instead, the lines are off, etc... It's not even my car so as I said prior I really don't care. I posted the video thinking some guys would enjoy watching a well edited video of a 1 series, not to advertise and defend the car. To be honest I used to think it was one of the ugliest 135's I had ever seen. It really does look better in person... Once I saw it in person I realized it was actually pretty cool and unique looking. Again it's not a car meant to have all the lines flow perfectly, full suspension, etc... It was a car built to go to shows and attract attention.
1addicts is usually one of the better bpost forums, e90 is the worst usually >_<

strange we have opposite experiences haha
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #52
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ah if we're going to factor in tyres - you don't usually add anything to the price of a car with them though since they're short wearing items

http://howeyindustries.com/d2forged-mb2-816.html

first result on google has them <$8k

http://www.carid.com/d2forged-wheels...h-4107926.html
<$7k

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/d...-p-117566.html

looks like $6k and below.

1addicts is usually one of the better bpost forums, e90 is the worst usually >_<

strange we have opposite experiences haha
Hey look I can admit when i'm wrong so looks like I was wrong. I was going off of what the owner told me when he said they cost "around 10k" which seemed very plausible to me. Haha yes very odd I guess
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #53
MGallop
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 12' 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
youre always such the nice guy
you need to be working for the united nations

DMV

Matthew Gallop: '12 N55 Mods: JB4 Flex ISO | iCarbon DP | VRSF 5" FMIC | BMS Intake | ER Charge Pipe | Race Axleback | ST Coils | Alufelgen CS7's | iCarbon 3 fin Diffuser |
Blackline LCI | CarbonFiber Spoiler | Orion v4 AE's | 30% tint | red+blk roundels | Cyba Scoops | H-Style front Lip | WeissLicht LED Smoked Sidemarkers | Matte Grills | Coded |
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #54
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Hey look I can admit when i'm wrong so looks like I was wrong. I was going off of what the owner told me when he said they cost "around 10k" which seemed very plausible to me. Haha yes very odd I guess
i have no doubt he could have paid that much, but what you pay for something doesn't mean it's worth that much.

heck, if he got tires not from tirerack, he could have spent $3-$4k on a set that is otherwise worth $1500 tops.

heck, even the body work (not specifically for this car really)... go to one good shop, they could charge $10k for a good spray and widening

go to another equally as good shop? may be a fair bit faster and charge a little less, $5-$6k all up.

hence you can't always charge as much when selling.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #55
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula M View Post
That car isn't worth 70K.

Take off those rims and what do you have...? A stock car with an over-feciteous body kit. Which does nothing for anyone, except those who need their ego stroked.

Is this about the car, or is someone trying to drum up sales here? The car stand as is, & many don't like it, or understand the lack of efficient spending. Many owner's here have M3 bits & actual performance mods.

Why pose w/body kit when the underpinning are still stock?

Take it to VIR and give us a number... something other than a salesman's jibber. Then I might be able to learn to appreciate the owner's art.
Do you read anything in the thread? A few areas where you are wrong. First of all nobody is trying to "drum up sales." In fact if you read I didn't even mention that the car was for sale in the OP. As stated the purpose of this thread was simply to share a video that one of my friends made of a nice 1 series. The car being for sale was mentioned by a different memeber, not me. Next up that's awesome that people have "m3 bits & actual performance mods", good for them. If you read once again I said the owner made the car as a show car not something to set world records at the track. That is why it has 9k miles on it and has never seen rain. It's not my car but you can keep waiting for the owner to take it to VIR and give you a number, not happening.

Again just wanted to reiterate i'm not trying to sell anything since you're claiming my posts are "salesman's jibber". Might want to read a bit before posting and realize I posted nothing about the car being for sale until someone else mentioned it...
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #56
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Bunch of fuckin' haters. A lot of work went into that ride and the execution looks pretty flawless. I dig it.
      06-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #57
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IancoleTX View Post
Bunch of fuckin' haters. A lot of work went into that ride and the execution looks pretty flawless. I dig it.
Glad you like it man he definitely put a lot of work into it. Everyone can share their opinion though, I don't mind. Plus I used to think it was ugly in pictures too but once you see it in person it looks so aggressive and mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula M View Post

Exactly^, he made the car for show..

So why do you keep trying to defending him (the car) for being all showy, instead of having substance..? Or even trying to put a price on it, etc.

Personally, I wouldn't even sit in it, even if I won that car. I would just trade it in on a new 135. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I am that desperate for attention...

IMO: He is trying to be an artist, he just happen to have chosen the wrong canvass for his talents.
Of course the car is made for attention.... It's a shop car that is owned by a custom car shop. Obviously he wants people to come over and look at it along with remembering the shop that made it... Simple marketing tactic
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #58
TheAnalyst
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 Altime POS edition

OP, relax, nobody here is attacking you personally. You posted the video of the car, did you not expect to get opinions about it? Stop taking these opinions as personal attacks, its not even your car. Plus, I would rather have your car, looks clean as hell.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #59
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
OP, relax, nobody here is attacking you personally. You posted the video of the car, did you not expect to get opinions about it? Stop taking these opinions as personal attacks, its not even your car. Plus, I would rather have your car, looks clean as hell.
Thanks for the compliment on my car. I'm completely relaxed and honestly enjoying myself. I like discussing/arguing so its relatively fun. I'm only getting annoyed at those that are attacking what i've said or claiming i'm advertising. The people saying negative things about the car in the video have every right to do so
Appreciate 0