BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #23
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

good resale value unless new M1 comes out....
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #24
HERR FSTIR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2C, VO 1M, GSA 1200

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90sexion View Post
good resale value unless new M1 comes out....
There is no question that a 1M version of the F22 will be made. It will be interesting whether the next generation 1M will have greater output than the current 1M, or if the M engineers will attempt to significantly reduce weight instead of increasing power. Given that the F22 will be slightly larger than the current E82, it is hard to imagine a substantial weight reduction (i.e. 3000-3100 lbs), regardless of how much carbon fiber is utilized.

It appears the F22 will be powered by a 4 cylinder turbo, which will be a high strung engine if it exceeds the 340hp of the current inline six turbo. There will not be much easily accessible power left on the table for aftermarket tuners, so in some ways the N54 powered 1M may end up being more desirable.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #25
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerJim View Post
The best place to start on what the resale value of the 1M will be is with the dealer. They should have a pretty good idea since they will know what the trade in value would be which most people will base their resale value on.
Given the fact that most dealers have no clue about how many cars they will be allocated, and most salesmen dont have any information about this car, and BMW M division president said, "NOT limited but hard to get," but before that they said, limited to around 2600 worldwide, on and on and on..... I don't think ANYONE knows what the value of this car will be much less if they will even be getting one. I don't think BMW even know what they are doing with this car...

It's sort of like predicting the weather a month from now. You could guess, but chances are, you'll be wrong....
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 02:55 AM   #26
Schnorbitz
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shost View Post
I'm still waiting to hear from my BMW dealer about the resale value of my 1M for purposes of PCP finance. Mine will have a fairly decent spec mostly audio/comms/nav stuff. I'm hoping for a decent residual value overall... if you compare it to competitors such as the Audi TTRS and Cayman. I'll post on here when I hear from them.

5 years is a long time though and for all we know there may be no oil left in the world by then...
Get them to do a quote for a fully loaded car and a stripper, the 2 GFVs will be virtually the same I'd suspect, will be interesting to see.

Last edited by Schnorbitz; 03-21-2011 at 05:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #27
BimmerJim
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari4evr1 View Post
Given the fact that most dealers have no clue about how many cars they will be allocated, and most salesmen dont have any information about this car, and BMW M division president said, "NOT limited but hard to get," but before that they said, limited to around 2600 worldwide, on and on and on..... I don't think ANYONE knows what the value of this car will be much less if they will even be getting one. I don't think BMW even know what they are doing with this car...

It's sort of like predicting the weather a month from now. You could guess, but chances are, you'll be wrong....
Agreed. Probably not the best comparison; however, the Corvette is a limited production car and they seem to have a pretty good resale value so maybe a person could use it as a benchmark. Definitely a challenge to figure out but it definitely will be interesting to find out what the outcome is.

"M-the most powerful Letter in the World"!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #28
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

The 1 M will depreciate the same as other 1s; and I don't see how 1M would become a collectible in the future since it is not a limited edition and BMW will make as many as they can in the next 2-3 years.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #29
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by My135 View Post
......and BMW will make as many as they can in the next 2-3 years.
BMW is only making the E82 1M through Dec 2011.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #30
YVES1M
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1m aw (kwv3) meisterschaf

I say 50 % of mrsp in 5n years with 15K per year.. unless bmw stop prodution for 2011.. it can go up a little.. the big problem is the next M3 and maby M1..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #31
skyphab
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: MK5 GTI --> Cayman R (skip 1M)

Exactly. Not get too much excited, even if production will stop 2011. As soon as the successor will show up (my guess, won't take 5 years) the 1M won't be any special anymore.

And if the F22 will look great, it'll be a hard time for the current 1M. Just like with the old M3 on the streets: Are they great cars? Yes! Do I want one? No.