BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-19-2007, 01:44 PM   #1
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Anyone Actually Ordering Sedona or Cashmere?

I know we're all sick to death of seeing the 1er in Sedona Red. This raises an interesting question: is anyone actually planning to order the car in Sedona?

Cashmere is the other "1-Series Exclusive" color. I think it's pretty nice in a subdued sort of way, but it gets a little weird with the Shadowline trim. Anyone planning on ordering Cashmere?

I haven't seen a lot of interest in BMW's two "signature" 1er colors.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
dubewaa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Its between Sedona Red and Montego Blue for me. My favorite color is red and have always wanted a red car. Also ever since I saw the Montego Blue on the 335 I've loved it. So like I said it is between those two.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #3
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
def not...
i think state side we will see alot of graphite
and jet blk

and in europe it seems APW and the montego blue are the popular ones

I am happy with my apw 8)
      12-19-2007, 04:33 PM   #4
asv
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Sedona is actually growing on me. Its a tossup between sedona/montego/titanium. I'm leaning towards Sedona. I like the idea of having 1 exclusive color, and my current 3 series is blue. I've always loved Black on Black, but I'm not the type of person who washes their car once a week.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #5
Devon K
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

I need to see Sedona in the flesh first. Looks great in some photos, pinkish in others.

While graphite grey is striking on first view, I think it might get a little boring after a while, especially with a black interior which is what I prefer - and around here practically every one of the zillions of BMWs is grey.

My current car is sillver, don't want a repeat. I don't think white suits the lines of this car, it makes it look too fat. That leaves the blues, one too light and loud, the other too dark. And the crimson red - I have yet to see a photo of that but I suspect it too will be over the top. Hate black. In general I am very disappointed with the color choices.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #6
Wolfpack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Everything in my garage

Garage List
I am still leaning towards Sedona, especially if I keep my Alpine 330 also. If I decide to trade the 330, I will probably go with white just to keep the clients from noticing the change and telling me that I must be making too much.

If I had the ability to get special paint, I would go for the Sepang Bronze from the M Coupe. BMW has so very few brown tone cars, and so few colors that really look good with the sculpture of the new cars.
      12-19-2007, 05:16 PM   #7
doubleA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

I saw a sedona red 128 at the auto show in Phoenix and it honestly looks a lot worse in person, it was really dull. Maybe it was just the lighting but i would never consider it. The pictures we've seen show it as being much darker.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2007, 05:20 PM   #8
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
If I had the ability to get special paint, I would go for the Sepang Bronze from the M Coupe. BMW has so very few brown tone cars, and so few colors that really look good with the sculpture of the new cars.
+1, and the Sepang Leather interior!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 05:24 PM   #9
128er
Captain
Rep
Drives:

I may get Sedona
-Steptronic
-Premium Sound
-Xenons

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 12:44 AM   #10
Night1
Private First Class
Rep

Yeah, I'm about the only one on here who is going with Cashmere Silver Met.

Don't worry, I'll post pics as soon as I get it so everybody can see if they like it or not.......:headbang:
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 12:54 AM   #11
airrek
no chrome on the wheels
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 HS

I'm with Night1: cashmere is the "not titanium and not graphite" flavor that I wanted from the start of this whole 1-series dilly.

BTW i am #2 on the list but you know what the #1 guy got? That's right: cashmere *grin*
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 05:40 AM   #12
alaska
Private
Rep
Drives: 128i cv

I'm getting cashmere with taupe leather and a black top. My first choice was ti silver red and black top but my wife over ruled and I'm too old to battle.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 07:03 AM   #13
Zonian22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi S3

Sedona...here I come :wink:
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #14
sethchan
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

I'm ordering sedona, I think. Everyone on the boards who's seen it up close at auto shows seems to hate it though. They either say it's too light or that it's too pink under the lights. So I might change my order.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 10:30 PM   #15
Night1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by airrek View Post
I'm with Night1: cashmere is the "not titanium and not graphite" flavor that I wanted from the start of this whole 1-series dilly.

BTW i am #2 on the list but you know what the #1 guy got? That's right: cashmere *grin*
Aww yeah....
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #16
rosky1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Cashmere with taupe for me as well. Alpine white looks great but from the poll numbers there may be alot of them. Rather be a bit different but still have a light color that's easier to keep clean.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #17
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [10.00]
2022 BMW iX  [10.00]
I'm all ordered up for a Sedona. I'm real tired of boring colors on cars, and Sedona, regardless of whether you like it or not, is NOT a boring color.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 12:50 PM   #18
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I need some help from those of you in the US or Europe that have had the chance to see Sedona Red in person and still are planning on ordering it.

I know there are many of you here who do not like the colour saying it ranges anything from Orange to Pink (depending on lighting) and is not as red as some of the pictures appear and many of you are tired of seeing all the Sedona's from reviews and all over the net etc.

I have however liked the colour from the first time I saw it in brochures etc and I think the special nature of this car needs a special colour to go with it, but am scared to place the order sight unseen given that there are so many who seem to hate the colour.

My problem however is:
- my current car's colour is sparkling graphite
- previous car was a blue very similar to montego (cant recall the actual colour)
and also don't really want to repeat previous colours
- blacks too much hassle to maintain I'm told
- have placed provisional order in alpine white, however every second car in SA is white so it will look like just another white car
- I like the look of titanium silver on BMs generally, but am not sure that it suits the nature of this car
AND I now have to finalise my order before the end of the week which is BUT :iono::iono::iono::iono: which colour???

I have been watching lots of you agonising over such decisions over the past few weeks and dreading the time I would have to make the final decision (although it means I am another step closer to driving the little beauty that has been causing me sleepless nights for the fast few months.)

After all ths agonising, I guess my question is for those of you that have seen Sedona Red personally, does this attached picture depict the colour as you can recall?
Attached Images

"But don't be surprised if you completely forget about your passengers when driving this car. You will be mesmerised by the feel of the fat, well-weighted steering wheel in your hands, the sound from the specially tuned exhaust, and the in-gear acceleration that will have you grinning like a loon...." TopCar magazine (SA)
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #19
B25 Jim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
That looks very close. The tone was a LITTLE more on the pink side, but that's close.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #20
e90_m3
Private
Rep
Drives:

I am going w/ sedona full force. Don't like the other colors. TiAg will be a great choice but I already drive one in e46 and don't want a repeat.

I think sedona will look different under different light/angle...but that's because it's metalic and I don't mind that. Was also considering AW but the whole point of getting the 135 for me is to be unique (otherwise I will get the more common 3-series), so sedona red here I come
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 01:49 PM   #21
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90_m3 View Post
I am going w/ sedona full force. Don't like the other colors. TiAg will be a great choice but I already drive one in e46 and don't want a repeat.

I think sedona will look different under different light/angle...but that's because it's metalic and I don't mind that. Was also considering AW but the whole point of getting the 135 for me is to be unique (otherwise I will get the more common 3-series), so sedona red here I come
I couldn't agree more about needing a unique colour and that is why as I said TiAg looks great on most Bimmers but is not unique enough to me for this car. Have you had a chance to see Sedona in person?

To B25 Jim, thanks for the feedback. The Orange/Red is fine by me (it will match the dashboard lighting :wink, pink however could be a problem
"But don't be surprised if you completely forget about your passengers when driving this car. You will be mesmerised by the feel of the fat, well-weighted steering wheel in your hands, the sound from the specially tuned exhaust, and the in-gear acceleration that will have you grinning like a loon...." TopCar magazine (SA)
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #22
B25 Jim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
A good thing to look at is the reflection just above the gray lower panel... it has a slightly more pink tint to it... that's what I saw at LA.
Appreciate 0