BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-19-2008, 12:38 AM   #1
Chewyjr15
1 addict and proud!
Rep
Drives: jb 135 on order

crevier or irvine bmw?

I have visited crevier and they dont seem flexible at all on pricing. Now i want to know is irvine bmw any better? I want to get my car for 1-2k below msrp. So with tax and licensing my car shoudl theoretically cost 43,900. I want to get it for 42-42.5. Where in socal should i go to get this deal?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
former
Practical Idealist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Coupe

Start calling around to all of 'em. There's a huge number of SoCal BMW dealers - you can hardly throw a rock without hitting one. Tell them the deal you want and see if they are interested. You can get the deal you want in an area with this much competition - I guarantee it.

Plus... A friend of mine knows an area Lexus service manager. He said last month their dealership went four days without selling a single car. That has never happened since they opened.

A down economy provides ample opportunity for the bold. :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2008, 10:34 PM   #3
3toM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i EB Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by former View Post
Start calling around to all of 'em. There's a huge number of SoCal BMW dealers - you can hardly throw a rock without hitting one. Tell them the deal you want and see if they are interested. You can get the deal you want in an area with this much competition - I guarantee it.

Plus... A friend of mine knows an area Lexus service manager. He said last month their dealership went four days without selling a single car. That has never happened since they opened.

A down economy provides ample opportunity for the bold. :thumbup:
Absolutely agree with you! Taking into account the economy and the number of dealers to choose from, I would suggest employing the "Robert Payne" method (you can see his thread). Essentially just reach out to a bunch of dealers with what you want, at what price, and see who bites. If you are interested, I had a good experience with a guy out at Savage BMW in Ontario. Just PM me if interested.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 02:42 AM   #4
BerkTechnology
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Fast

Irvine BMW customer here. We bought our 2007 530i and our 2008 135i there. Call over there and ask for Brett, the crazy aussie. Let him know that Berk Technology sent you guys over.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #5
Mr.Slik
Rep
Drives: it's got 5 wheels.

I've been over there to Irvine BMW a few times now, I've met Rich, Nick, and Saliya. I'll have to ask for Brett this week when I go back, and I will certainly mention you guys at Berk Technology.

I used to do all my business with Shelly and Crevier. But, based on my most recent personal experiences with them over the past 2 years, they've both been disqualified from ever receiving my business ever again. However, YMMV.

Last edited by Mr.Slik; 02-12-2009 at 02:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 01:58 AM   #6
shadowiix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

screw creiver or whatever and irvine bmw just sucks. bad experiences from both dealerships. irvine didnt know anything about the 1-series when i went and said i have to come back to talk to the manager about them. creiver or whatever tried to rip me off. sterling bmw on the other hand no problems with anything and they have a costco discount, its not a huge discount but better than nothing
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
scoobysnax
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowiix View Post
screw creiver or whatever and irvine bmw just sucks. bad experiences from both dealerships. irvine didnt know anything about the 1-series when i went and said i have to come back to talk to the manager about them. creiver or whatever tried to rip me off. sterling bmw on the other hand no problems with anything and they have a costco discount, its not a huge discount but better than nothing
Resurrecting this from the dead.

I'm going to have to agree with this. In January I was trying to solicit a quote from Tom Curran at Crevier, and he refused to bargain with me. It sounded like I was causing him so much extra work because I wanted to do Euro delivery--like I was wasting his precious time. His responses to me in emails made him sound like he was so self-important, probably because I was trying bargain and not buying a higher-end model. In short, don't even bother with Tom or Crevier.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 02:21 PM   #8
C135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i M sport BMW PPK1

Garage List
2013 135i  [0.00]
I've bought 2 cars from Irvine. 2011 328i with premium and now a 2013 135 with M sport.

Ask for Andrew, he's a cool guy that will hook you up on pricing. I paid well below sticker for both vehicles!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #9
tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jerez Black M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
I bought mine from Bob Smith and just used the negotiation tactic of this is LA I came here to test drive in the canyons but there are like 12 other dealers so you can do this deal or I am calling until someone else will. Also helped that I was special ordering so I wasn't leaving with a car either way. But that's what I would do.
Appreciate 0