BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Red face Paul Miller BMW, "Center of Excellence" Wayne, NJ Mixed Feelings

I just dropped off my baby to have the HPFP replaced. No limp modes or anything, but I told them I really don't want to be stranded somewhere and they said bring her in. I left it tonight for an overnight stay and they will service it tomorrow because they want to ensure a cold start, they must have done this many times before .

They seemed knowledgeable, but I must warn you that the service department (to me at least) was quite rude. I went with my father so I could have a ride home because they refused to give out a loaner overnight (don't know if this is standard protocol). Upon entering nobody paid attention to me or my father, one guy was at a box of keys and I said "hey," which he ignored. My father then went right up to his face and said "this is where you get your car serviced, right?" and he just said "go inside" So, we go inside and find one guy who was actually at his desk in the service department and he acts confused and says they were supposed to take care of me out there, we didn't need to come in, so he goes back and finds another tech guy who finally gives us the paperwork. However, this (younger than me) tech guy handed my dad the paperwork automatically. My dad said "it's his car" pointing to me and the tech replied "oh, of course" in a sarcastic and smug voice. Thanks?? I handed the techie a service bulletin I printed out about the HPFP failures and said "that's what's happening, I don't wanna be stranded, get a limp mode, have my pistons or piston rings screwed up or anything" and he starts explaining a dumbed down version of the HPFP like parents explaining to their kids that babies come from storks. Thanks again.

We went in and browsed the showroom for a bit, which is REALLY nice. They have beautiful used cars (M's of all sorts) upstairs and I saw the new Z4 up close and personal downstairs, and while a salesman approached us, we explained we were in for serviceot for buying and he didn't push anything on us, but he was nice and even made small talk about the cars, I could tell he was actually interested in the cars and his job, which was cool.

Overall, it's a nice place. I've always wanted to go in ever since it was finished being built, the building and set up is really cool and they have lots of showroom cars, but the service department could use some work.. Oh well.

Appreciate 0