BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-06-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
bigmicj
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i + M240iX

Santa Monica BMW

I ordered my 128 from Santa MOnica BMW in January and my SA Mario, was top notch in making everything easy. He was in constant communication via email and always checked in when he had an update.

Best of all, they threw in the floor mats, wheel locks and they didn't put on the front license plate. Overall, I was very happy with my experience. If you're looking for a good salesman in the L.A. area, see Mario at Santa Monica BMW.

Tell him Micah sent ya ;-)
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #2
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Consider yourself lucky Micah. The salesman I got at Santa Monica BMW was a complete arrogant jerk. I went there to order a car, though I wasn't sure whether to get a 128 or 135, so asked to drive a 328 and 335 (back in Feb.) and he basically refused to let me drive them under the guise of the engines weren't the same. I'm like, ya they are! He said, no they aren't, they "detune" them in the 1 series so it's completley different.

Then I asked if I could at least sit in some 3's to see what the sport seats and normal seats felt like, see some colors, etc., and he reluctantly agreed, then knocked a bee from the windshield INTO the car as I was sitting in one, and then scoffed and laughed in my face when I said I was looking to put $3,000 down and pay $500 a month on a lease on a new 1. Then he lied and said you had to put at least 3-4,000 down to order one. I was there for all of 15 minutes.

Guess that shows how random the person you get at one of these dealers is. Wish I'd gotten Mario.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

This illustrates the whole problem with the "dealership" model of purchasing cars. I went to a BMW lot on Easter day to walk around on the lot and take a look at the 1's. There were about 5 other couples there doing the same thing. Out of curiosity, I asked them why they had come to a dealership on a day they weren't even open. Each couple had the same answer straight away: No car salesmen.

You know the system is broken when potential customers take extra measures and plan ahead to avoid the sales staff.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 02:19 AM   #4
bigmicj
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i + M240iX

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your treatment at SM BMW. I had a similar incident at Beverly Hills BMW, which is why I got my 128 from Santa Monica. At Beverly Hills, I had to ask several salesmen if they worked there, because none of them would even make eye contact. Even after I stopped one of the sales people and began talking to them, they just passed me around from one person to the next. After wasting my time, they told me they couldn't order a car they didn't have yet.

Pathetic!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

I've been dealing with the internet sales woman at SMBMW and she's been helpful and negotiated with me and met other quotes I have received. I haven't bought yet since my timing for '09's was off, but I was able to do everything online which makes the dealership experience much much better!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

I bought mine from Hans, who was the manager of internet sales at SMBMW... Top notch the whole way. Very open/honest, etc. I basically did the whole transaction through email and then just showed up on a Saturday to sign the paperwork. Total dealership time, 45 minutes maybe?

I highly recommend him and the dealership..... car sales people are just like everyone else, some are complete douche's and some are not.

In the LA area I'd also recommend Bob Smith in Calabassas... I bought my Z4 (prior to my 1) from them and had a great experience as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #7
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
I bought mine from Hans, who was the manager of internet sales at SMBMW... Top notch the whole way. Very open/honest, etc. I basically did the whole transaction through email and then just showed up on a Saturday to sign the paperwork. Total dealership time, 45 minutes maybe?

I highly recommend him and the dealership..... car sales people are just like everyone else, some are complete douche's and some are not.

In the LA area I'd also recommend Bob Smith in Calabassas... I bought my Z4 (prior to my 1) from them and had a great experience as well.

I agree. I was supposed to show up today to sign papers but there were no production #s available. . Sad day. But hey maybe hpfp will be fixed in 2010 eh?
Appreciate 0