BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Coggin BMW of Ft Pierce (Port St Lucie), FL

Just took delivery of my 2011 135i from Coggin BMW of Ft Pierce. My CA was Dennis Laymon.

The entire experience was awesome. I walked in the door knowing what I want, and rather than give me the run around, Dennis immediately adapted to my buying style. I've worked with a lot of people in car sales, and had some very good salesmen in the past, but Dennis just jumped to the top of my list. He was always responsive with my anxious requests for status updates, even when I was asking for things that no other customer had ever asked for. This shows a lot in my mind. I've read several experiences here on 1addicts where a CA flatly told customers they didn't have access to information that we all know is available. Dennis never once blew me off. To the contrary, he was interested and engaged in the entire process.

I feel like I received a lot of special attention, even though I was only buying the cheapest BMW in their line-up. The entire tone at Coggin is one of the best I've experienced at a car dealership. They've definitely got a lifetime customer in me. I would highly recommend them, and especially Dennis, to anyone on the Treasure Coast looking to purchase a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #2
scarified
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i Conv MT

I have to echo the above post. I did all of my research online and knew exactly what I wanted. I figured the invoice price, the Edmunds TMV, the Euro delivery price right down to the cent, including all taxes and fees and came up with a narrow range of prices that I was prepared to pay.

I did some 'dry runs' at Brahman in West Palm Beach and Vista in Coconut Creek. This gave me the opportunity to test drive a car similar to what I had in mind, and it did indeed make up my mind to buy a 135i.

I found the sales people at Brahman and Vista to be rude and ill informed. One guy from Brahman actually called me the day after I walked out to try and get me to come back in. When I explained that I intend to do everything over email/phone, he tried to tell me that that was illegal in the US and implied that I knew no better (I am European and I speak with an accent).

I checked dealerrater.com and discovered all of the positive reviews for Coggin Ft Pierce. It seemed that the top sales person there was a guy by the name of RONNIE MCFARLAND. So I called him.

Ronnie immediately quoted me a price that was a few dollars below my target price. We worked thru all of the options and accessories - Coggin has a printable 15% off coupon for installed accessories. We then satisfactorily worked thru all the taxes and fees.

I placed the order and was sent the production number and VIN without me having to ask for them. The car arrived last night, 7 1/2 weeks later. I do have a small issue with the car (the Aux port for the stereo appears to have been disconnected), but I am confident that it will be resolved quickly.

I have to say, in all honesty, that this has been the best purchasing experience I have ever had. I have bought a BMW (from Vista), a Lexus, Saab, Jaguar among other cars over the years, and while some of those experiences have been positive (notably Lexus and Jaguar), the Coggin experience was really superior.

I give Coggin and specifically Ronnie my highest recommendation.

Last edited by scarified; 10-01-2010 at 08:45 AM..
Appreciate 0