BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-28-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Thumbs up Classic BMW - Plano Texas

I'll give a thumbs up .. they were very professional and things worked out well ..

I worked with Mark Sanders ..

Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #2
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

I purchased my CPO'd ZHP from them almost 2 years ago, best and easiest purchase ever. No trade-in helped with that, I basically bought the car over the phone and through the internet. Signed the papers after a test drive, then had a great trip back to Memphis in it...

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 02:37 AM   #3
ReaperJG
----------------
Rep
Drives:

This dealer is awesome. I worked with Kelly Brian, he's awesome too!

I live in Norman OK, I flew down, kelly had someone pick me up and bring be to the dealership. Everything went super smooth and I highly recommend this dealership!
Comfort Access | Navigation/iDrive/PDC
HD Radio | Premium Audio | Alarm
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
rocketpop
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

+1, I bought my car from them as well. I worked with Larry Patton.
      05-14-2008, 08:28 AM   #5
MistrezG80
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 450whp sti and 07 335i

How much $ off of msrp are you guys getting at classic bmw.
      05-14-2008, 10:08 AM   #6
HardTech
Rep
Drives:

My father works at Classic, but lets hope you don’t see him any time soon. He works in the collision center. I can tell you if you need to get your car repaired classic has some really good body/paint people. If you happen to have to go that way, I can tell you the people you want to stay with and away from. As any show, you have the people who care about there work, and others who don’t. It’s always nice to know who does.

Yes my dad will be on the recommended list but others will be too to be fair.

Yes I bought my ZHP at the used car lot, fast and easy experiance and seeing as I am part of the classic experiance a nice discount too. I was really hoping to wait a year+ before my old SUV wanted to die. But if I couldnt have a 135 I am happy with my rare'ish 330CI ZHP
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #7
cracka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerman135i View Post
How much $ off of msrp are you guys getting at classic bmw.
$0.00

Of course, I had the deposit in as of October and I ordered in December. Free mats, though!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #8
MistrezG80
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 450whp sti and 07 335i

yeah that's what I got too. 0.00 off msrp with free mats. I placed my order just last saturday may 10th. at least they don't charge crazy documentation fees. I have heard some as much as $500.
      05-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #9
rocketpop
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

*cough* 250.00 *cough* Free floor mats
      10-03-2008, 12:06 AM   #10
MatthewDFW
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '02 X5

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerman135i View Post
yeah that's what I got too. 0.00 off msrp with free mats. I placed my order just last saturday may 10th. at least they don't charge crazy documentation fees. I have heard some as much as $500.
Ditto re good experiences w/ Classic; best service dept in DFW IMO. Sean Markey is great guy for performance issues. In fact, it was the service and tech staff that really drove my purchase decision, not necessarily the salesman (although, to be fair, the 135 does kind of sell itself, doesn't it?).

You're in Aubrey?! We keep our horses up there, not too far (east) of the Chaparral Store at 377 and 428 (Spring Hill Rd). Honk if you spot!
===============
Our wee twin turbos may be smallish, but they doth mashie yon backside deeply seatwise.
===============

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #11
Texan Engineer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i + ///M Sport Pkg

Sorry to the thread resurrection, but I thought I'd add my thoughts to the thread for future buyers.

------------------------------------------------------

Classic definitely is a large dealer, and they've got a showroom & lot to go with it (which is a good thing - I suspect their monthly allocation is quite large and good for special order people)). BUT being located in Plano, they (generally speaking) definitely feel like they have this snobbish, richer-than-thou attitude - I would know, I grew up in Plano, and my family has been dealing with them on/off since 1997 back when they were in Richardson.

I went in in March 2013 shopping for my 128i, dealt with Aaron (don't remember his last name). Pretty quickly he had this condescending attitude along the lines of "poor you, you want a new car but you can barely afford a 128i - you're too young to be good enough to drive a BMW, etc." which was evident in the way he phrased things, assumptions he made about what I did or did not want to do regarding a potential buy. Granted, yes I'm 22 and fresh out of school so I'm obviously not in the market for a 120k+ 7er but I do expect at least polite respect as a paying customer - even if I'm buying the cheapest car you sell. It's just fundamental business practice (and no, I'm not a business major either) - but don't run off your future customers. I didn't order from them this time around, and I really don't want to for my next car. Not looking forward to servicing with them either, but I'm not sure how good of a choice the others are in the area.

I don't expect to squeeze every penny out of someone in my business dealings and I view myself as a fair person, but at the same time I don't take well to being ripped off, or even overcharged for the sake of it.

That said, both my instinct and previous experience with them has been that if you pay what they say (usually sticker), then you get great service. This seems in line with the clientele that exists in the Plano/Frisco area, who may (not all, mind you) be willing to part with more money in order for the intangible "better service."

Conclusion: Classic is good if you pay up. Otherwise, you might want to shop elsewhere. I did - I called Greg Poland at Pacific BMW (Glendale, CA) and got my car at xxx over invoice. Factor in shipping costs (I opted to ship instead of drive), and you're STILL at a better price than what Classic offered me. And that was with little/no hassle and none of the condescending arrogance.

Just because we drive BMW's doesn't mean we're willing to overpay for stuff. Sorry for the slight rant-ish, but I figured sharing my experience would be a good counterpoint.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Engineer View Post
Sorry to the thread resurrection, but I thought I'd add my thoughts to the thread for future buyers.

Classic definitely is a large dealer, and they've got a showroom & lot to go with it (which is a good thing - I suspect their monthly allocation is quite large and good for special order people)). BUT being located in Plano, they (generally speaking) definitely feel like they have this snobbish, richer-than-thou attitude - I would know, I grew up in Plano, and my family has been dealing with them on/off since 1997 back when they were in Richardson.

I went in in March 2013 shopping for my 128i, dealt with Aaron (don't remember his last name). Pretty quickly he had this condescending attitude along the lines of "poor you, you want a new car but you can barely afford a 128i - you're too young to be good enough to drive a BMW, etc." which was evident in the way he phrased things, assumptions he made about what I did or did not want to do regarding a potential buy. Granted, yes I'm 22 and fresh out of school so I'm obviously not in the market for a 120k+ 7er but I do expect at least polite respect as a paying customer - even if I'm buying the cheapest car you sell. It's just fundamental business practice (and no, I'm not a business major either) - but don't run off your future customers. I didn't order from them this time around, and I really don't want to for my next car. Not looking forward to servicing with them either, but I'm not sure how good of a choice the others are in the area.

I don't expect to squeeze every penny out of someone in my business dealings and I view myself as a fair person, but at the same time I don't take well to being ripped off, or even overcharged for the sake of it.

That said, both my instinct and previous experience with them has been that if you pay what they say (usually sticker), then you get great service. This seems in line with the clientele that exists in the Plano/Frisco area, who may (not all, mind you) be willing to part with more money in order for the intangible "better service."

Conclusion: Classic is good if you pay up. Otherwise, you might want to shop elsewhere. I did - I called Greg Poland at Pacific BMW (Glendale, CA) and got my car at xxx over invoice. Factor in shipping costs (I opted to ship instead of drive), and you're STILL at a better price than what Classic offered me. And that was with little/no hassle and none of the condescending arrogance.

Just because we drive BMW's doesn't mean we're willing to overpay for stuff. Sorry for the slight rant-ish, but I figured sharing my experience would be a good counterpoint.
Interesting. I faced the same thing too - at first. My parent's have shopped at Classic in Richardson since I was a wee little kid (we've probably bought 10+ vehicles from them in our lifetime). When they moved to the Plano location (which is actually like 10 minutes from my house), I feel like the salesmen's changed.

Gone were the people that loved BMW and instead were "normal" businessmen in their place. For example, I'm sure if you went and talked to them about the 2 Series, some might be clueless of what you are talking about since the car was just released online, and dealers still don't have information.

My 128i had an air conditioning failure problem a few year backs. It was a horrible experience - the AC was smelling horrible and I couldn't use it at all. I was 20 at that time, I wasn't even allowed a loaner car (although I paid for my car and it was under my name!!), it was part of their insurance policy you must be over 21 to get a loaner. I had a crappy enterprise car for about a month.

The first time, they told me it was dirty and they just sprayed some cleaner in the air vents. That worked for about 3 days before the smell was back. They did the same exact same thing the second time and the smell came back. Repeat this process multiple times until I finally snapped and spoke to the owner and sent him an angry e-mail! It also didn't help that when I got "How was my service" review, I gave them all 0's. That finally woke them up since that affects their status of top BMW dealerships!

The owner is a great guy, and you can tell he has passion for BMWs. He solved my issue immediately (A/C was replaced under warranty) in a few days, and has been flawless since. It was just very sad it took getting to that level for me to get the service I deserve.

THAT BEING SAID, that is the only issue I have ever had with Classic, and I understand that mistakes can happen and all is forgiven. For giving our family flawless customer service for 10+ years for 10+ cars, we can't really complain.

They repaired my 128i after my neighbor hit it, and honestly it is the best repair job I have ever seen! Not only that, but when my car was about to be out of warranty, they went ahead and changed my brakes even though they still had 1,000 left until service.

As you said, the dealership is big. I personally think if you find the right people, you will be happy. I am extremely happy with my salesman, tech advisor, and the owner is a great guy as well.

I like them so much that I already pre-ordered my M235i from them.

BTW Texan engineer - I will be selling my parts from my 128i soon. If you are interesting in them let me know!
      10-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #13
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Engineer View Post

Wow, interesting that the dealership there was so bad you ordered from halfway across the country. Having had similar awful experiences with BMW dealers, it's interesting to see you specifically got it at Pacific BMW, which is where I ordered my car from and was the easiest, most hassle free, and probably best buying experience I've had. First e-mail from them to me offered me a deal that blew my mind and I can't recommend them enough.
Appreciate 0