BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-21-2013, 05:34 AM   #177
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattryan View Post
Just wondering if anyone has noticed that the 5k look kinda yellowish during the day time?
No, nothing yellowish. Consistently LED white, whatever time of day.

Some pictures in this thread show the difference between stock and LUX on the same car at the same time (one side stock - other side LUX).
      04-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #178
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Some pictures in this thread show the difference between stock and LUX on the same car at the same time (one side stock - other side LUX).
FYI - We are currently out of stock of the 5000k but have the 6500K color on sale. We expect to have the 5000k color back in stock early in May.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #179
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

LUX customer service SUCKS!! I will never purchase their products again.

They released the 5k weeks after I purchased my lights. I was told to mail them back and swap for the 5k at a cost of $20. I agreed but when asking for a shipping address I was told the 5k was out of stock and to check back. I checked back every few weeks and was always told they still are out of stock. When they finally were in stock I was told I purchased my lights too long ago to exchange them.

Followed their advice/recommendation and in the end got screwed.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #180
visage11
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Sedona Red

I ordered a set as well!

Can't wait to put em in!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #181
mattryan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:

I have the 5k but they just don't seem to look that white...
      04-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #182
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
LUX customer service SUCKS!! I will never purchase their products again.

They released the 5k weeks after I purchased my lights. I was told to mail them back and swap for the 5k at a cost of $20. I agreed but when asking for a shipping address I was told the 5k was out of stock and to check back. I checked back every few weeks and was always told they still are out of stock. When they finally were in stock I was told I purchased my lights too long ago to exchange them.

Followed their advice/recommendation and in the end got screwed.
I'm sorry for your frustration, but the reason why we could not exchange your lights is because we were out of stock for a while of them. After we got these back in stock it was 6 months i believe and there would be no way we could sell a used set like that, claiming they are new.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #183
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have the 5k but they just don't seem to look that white...
Just curious, but what color do they appear? The LED's we used for these are a 5000K pure white color. we made sure they they will not appear red or green at all.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #184
mattryan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
Just curious, but what color do they appear? The LED's we used for these are a 5000K pure white color. we made sure they they will not appear red or green at all.

Hey Marc it's almost appearing to be a yellowish/green instead of pure white.
      04-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #185
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
LED white normally remains LED white.

Did you treat by any chance the outside of the headlight (transparent part) with some means of protection (film, liquid) ? Principle: when you wear sun glasses, the color of your eyes doesn't change.

Other question: the LUX AE ballast can become pretty hot. Where did you store it inside the headlights ?
      04-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #186
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
I'm sorry for your frustration, but the reason why we could not exchange your lights is because we were out of stock for a while of them. After we got these back in stock it was 6 months i believe and there would be no way we could sell a used set like that, claiming they are new.
I dissent, Marc.

It's a matter of principle: either you commit/promise and stick to it (except if it has become clearly unreasonable or in the event of force majeure) or you refrain from doing so.

If Papethova was told to mail back his (then) recently purchased 6.5K set for a swap with a newly released 5K set at a cost of $20, you got to stick to that commitment/promise. If supply became or becomes (temporary) impossible, you got to find an equitable arrangement. The promise to get a 5K set as soon as these become available again, seems a fair deal to me.

Your arguments might be given some consideration (more particularly that the 6.5K got a little 'aged' and - implicitly - that you are no charity institution). However, reasonably speaking, those arguments are not sufficient to set aside your promise.

Papethova and some other forum fellows (including yours truly) have in some way or another promoted your products (without requiring any quid pro quo whatsoever). As a matter of fact, this thread is some sort of testimonial of approval (and yes, your 5K set righteously deserves the appreciation it gets), which contributed to making you some good money: every time, the 5K sets were sold out in no time. Now ask yourself, wouldn't it be sad to see the reputation of "LUX AngelEyes" tarnished because of an unpleasant commercial encounter (with limited financial impact) raising doubts about client care reliability ? C'mon Marc, do us all a favor and, as a courtesy deal, put aside a 5K set for Papethova once these are available again. It will be appreciated.

Last edited by Artemis; 03-17-2016 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #187
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

I hear too many little this and little that about LUX angel eyes either regarding their customer service or their product. Since theirs are the only aftermarket product I could possibly upgrade over stocks, but I was not even totally sold about "pure white" looks, I finally decided to remain stock, safe and sound, who dies from a touch of yellow FWIW.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #188
mattryan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
LED white normally remains LED white.

Did you treat by any chance the outside of the headlight (transparent part) with some means of protection (film, liquid) ? Principle: when you wear sun glasses, the color of your eyes doesn't change.

Other question: the LUX AE ballast can become pretty hot. Where did you store it inside the headlights ?
I'm aware that LED white normally remains white as the LED license plate lights are still white...

No I did not treat anything... Oh really? I thought your eyes were suppose to turn purple when you wear sunglasses...

They're mounted on the inside of the headlight cover...
      04-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #189
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
THats what 5000K white is really, it might appear slightly towards the yellow side. 6500k white is a cooler temperature so it doest have that white hue to it.

Also if you compare the angel eyes to the xenon driving lights yes it will appear a bit warmer in color temperature. The xenon light lens always appear to have a bit more of a blue hue to them then the actual temperature of the light
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #190
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Please send me an e-mail directly so we can get this taken care of. sales@luxAngelEyes.com
Thanks in advance for sorting this out for Papethova, Marc.

Appreciated that you live up to the expectation of addressing the matter straightaway and doing the right thing.
      04-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #191
mattryan
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
THats what 5000K white is really, it might appear slightly towards the yellow side. 6500k white is a cooler temperature so it doest have that white hue to it.

Also if you compare the angel eyes to the xenon driving lights yes it will appear a bit warmer in color temperature. The xenon light lens always appear to have a bit more of a blue hue to them then the actual temperature of the light
I was more so comparing it to the AE's in the F30's... I guess there isn't an inbetween of the 5 and the 6.5? Might have to order another set of the 6.5's.
      04-24-2013, 04:07 AM   #192
Hogsmith
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
I hear too many little this and little that about LUX angel eyes either regarding their customer service or their product. Since theirs are the only aftermarket product I could possibly upgrade over stocks, but I was not even totally sold about "pure white" looks, I finally decided to remain stock, safe and sound, who dies from a touch of yellow FWIW.
I am on the other hand decided to be different and ordered an amber version of the LUX angel eyes. Mine is matte white with a black roof and assorted CF pieces and I thought that perhaps it would look cool in a different sort of way. If not I can always send these back taking up on Marc's offer to exchange them for a $20 restocking fee. The lights are in transit so I guess if I do not like them I will be on time to replace them with the 5K version.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #193
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogsmith View Post
I am on the other hand decided to be different and ordered an amber version of the LUX angel eyes. Mine is matte white with a black roof and assorted CF pieces and I thought that perhaps it would look cool in a different sort of way. If not I can always send these back taking up on Marc's offer to exchange them for a $20 restocking fee. The lights are in transit so I guess if I do not like them I will be on time to replace them with the 5K version.
Please post pictures once you install the ambers.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #194
Hogsmith
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 1M

Will do!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #195
angler
love to fish!
Rep
Drives: 13: SG 135i M-Sport Cabrio 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogsmith View Post
Will do!
Have you installed them yet?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #196
Vienna///M
Austria
Rep
Drives: 1 M VO & E46 Stahlgrau M3

Give me a break - it took a bunch of enthusiasts to post and re-post horrible experiences in customer service from a vendor for there to finally be some sort of attention paid addressing the complaints. Reputable companies should not have to persuaded, but rather have customer service as a cornerstone of business.

LuxAngelEyes should find new employment- I for one would rather drive without lights than give my business to these types-
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #197
Section147
Good To Be Alive!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lotsa Stuff

Garage List
You have no idea what you're talking about. Marc & AngelEyes as a whole have been a reliable vendor on these forums
for quite some time now. I'm sure the favorable experiences outnumber the bad 100 to 1. For you, as a newb, to come
out guns blazing aimed a company you know virtually nothing about is totally ignorant. Period.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #198
Vienna///M
Austria
Rep
Drives: 1 M VO & E46 Stahlgrau M3

Will not get into name calling. I post when I feel the need - clearly I don't post like you, but that does not make me a newbie.

I've probably owned more sports cars and worked with a larger number of vendors than you, but then again I am not here to argue or boast. I felt the need to post and I did it.

Enjoy your day-
Appreciate 0