BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Thumbs up Vishnu Procede 2011 Price Reductions

Hi All,

I just wanted to introduce myself here as effectively Vishnu Australia. I have been working with Vishnu for many years as I am involved with the development of the product, but just recently I have decided to get some stock of the product and support the local Australian market with the product. As such, I have alot of product knowledge for support, and I can get you a product to your door in Australia very quickly. I can preload units with latest firmware and maps for your setup, and if in Sydney, I can also install for free.

Prices are pretty much the same as Vishnu America, but you save alot of delivery cost, and alot of waiting time. So currently the price is $1500 (inc GST) + delivery (this is based on AU$ of 0.80).

UPDATE - For December only - $1250 inc GST including install by Andrew@SouthernBM in Melbourne or myself in Sydney, or free delivery to anywhere else in Australia.

UPDATE 2-

Happy New Years (2011)!!

Just a quick note that I will be offering reduced prices starting today. There is a reduction in the price of the N54 tune, and an introductory price for the N55. As always, my price includes GST and either the install or postage. Many people can testify to the support I offer around the clock as required.

Oh, one other thing. In the USA a lower price enthusiast version is available. I have decided at this time to not offer this low cost version. This may change in future, but for the time being, it is too much overhead for me to manage the handling of unlock codes etc. So at this stage, I will only be selling the Professional full featured versions. I could be convinced otherwise if the demand is there, but most of my customer base I have spoken to have not been interested in losing capability/features to save a couple hundred $$.

So now to the pricing:

* N54 Professional version - Reduced from $1250 to $1150 (inc GST)
* N55 Professional version - Introductory price of $1050 (inc GST)

Update 3-

Due to the Australian dollar finding some traction and sitting above the USD for some time, I have decided to reduce the price of both N54 and N55 Procede. The Introductory price for the N55 is now over, and N54 and N55 are now the same price, but the good news is that they are both the same price as the old introductory price for N55. I am also adding the meth kit pricing:

* N54 Procede Professional version - $1050 inc GST and delivery OR install.
* N55 Procede Professional version - $1050 inc GST and delivery OR install.
* PWM Meth Kit (requires charge pipe) - $900 inc GST and delivery.
* Vishnu Charge Pipe (for meth kit) - $375 inc GST and delivery.
* Dual Cone Intake - $175 inc GST and delivery.

Please note that the PWM meth kit requires a Procede to drive it. It cannot be used with other tunes (or stock with no tune). Also note that the meth kit requires an aftermarket charge pipe. The Vishnu charge pipe is manufactured with all the fittings for the meth kit and is the recommended charge pipe, but you can get it to work with other chargepipes that have 2 meth jet bungs.

Also, I have dealers who can supply and fit in all major east coast capital cities. So you can get your Procede installed and dynoed (as well as installation of other parts) from respected BMW workshops in major cities in Australia. Open to interested dealers in other capital cities.

Finally, I have a taste test offer. You are welcome to try the Procede for up to 1 week free of obligation to purchase if you are genuinely shopping for a tune. This is currently offered by Andrew@southernBM in Melbourne and myself in Sydney.

Cheers,

Adrian

Last edited by adrian@vishnu; 08-22-2011 at 08:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 11:37 PM   #2
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Welcome Adrian.. Probably catch up with you on Saturday morning at the drive..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #3
spdrcr
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lotus Elise

Hi Adrian,

Good to see you on the forums. Will you be offering any local tuning for the Procede?

Jeff
(I know you from the WRX club)
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 12:46 AM   #4
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Hi Jeff,

Yep remember you from the WRX club. I am still a member over there, and have my 98 WRX track car sitting in my garage!!

Local tuning could be offered, but I am not sure it would be worthwhile. Piggy back tuning on N54s is much more complex than other cars I have done piggy backs on. You change one thing, and there are many other things that interact that it could effect. Shiv has done a great job of working out the standard maps which work great. The user adjustables now allow you to limit ignition retard if you want to run mroe aggressive. The user torque allows you to set boost levels, and the fuel mixtures are pretty much spot on for this type of engine. I have found cars run consistently, so there does not seem to be the need to tailor it for a particular car. So I will answer you question with another question... what do you hope to achieve??

ZuZu... look forward to seeing you on the drive!!

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 01:26 AM   #5
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Any chance of coming up to brissy?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 01:52 AM   #6
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Any chance of coming up to brissy?
Anything is possible, but what is it you wish to achieve?

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 02:20 AM   #7
smarm
Worsier then Tupac dying.
Rep
Drives:

Having been involved with the Bathurst 12 hour for the past few years, I have to say I rate the BMW 335s that were running this tune.

Infact, if it weren't for Paul Morris being the douche that he is, the procede 335 would've won this year.

Quote:
If you write 'Wash Me' on my car, I'll carve 'Resuscitate Me' into your chest
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 02:35 AM   #8
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarm View Post
Having been involved with the Bathurst 12 hour for the past few years, I have to say I rate the BMW 335s that were running this tune.

Infact, if it weren't for Paul Morris being the douche that he is, the procede 335 would've won this year.
I wondered if they'd run a 135 instead of the 335 this year. I suppose the 335s were already set up and the 135 & 335 may've had to run at the same weight anyway. Did they run LSDs and manual boxes in the 335s? Why do you say P.M. cost them the race?

Back on topic. Sorry...
      07-07-2009, 04:26 AM   #9
smarm
Worsier then Tupac dying.
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
I wondered if they'd run a 135 instead of the 335 this year. I suppose the 335s were already set up and the 135 & 335 may've had to run at the same weight anyway. Did they run LSDs and manual boxes in the 335s? Why do you say P.M. cost them the race?

Back on topic. Sorry...
I was semi expecting a 135, but they reused the cars from the 08 race understandably.

PM, whilst undeniably quick, was way too aggressive, and made some mistakes related to this, i.e. losing massive time when beached at the chase, etc. Don't talk to the HQ drivers about his performance in that race.

Quote:
If you write 'Wash Me' on my car, I'll carve 'Resuscitate Me' into your chest
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 04:41 AM   #10
Breville
Scum in the sun
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe TiAg

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Welcome Adrian, thanks for supporting the local market.

One should love animals. They are so tasty.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 05:59 AM   #11
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Anything is possible, but what is it you wish to achieve?

Cheers,

Adrian
I'm interested in V3 the latest version.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 06:10 AM   #12
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Having been a proceed customer since v1 and spent some time with Adrian he is a really nice guy and a great asset for us to have in Australia for the support of a tuning platform that IMHO is second to none.

Quote:
PM a member here, xsboost, he is in Brisbane and is running V3 rev 2 on a 335 and updated from a rev1 recently. I'm sure he will give you his thoughts on the current state of the tune.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 06:45 AM   #13
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yep sure can provide... latest version with latest firmware including CAN logging and oil temp safety protections. I can preload it with a map to suit your setup and send it to you and you can fit it in around 30 minutes (give or take 15 minutes depending on how handy you are at getting to the ECU).

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 07:08 AM   #14
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

HI Guys,

I would like to let everyone know that i am now a dealer for PROcede products in Melbourne. I can supply and install PROcedes, change and update firmware and maps, and install other add ons that the PROcede support like the digital boost guages. I can also provide you local support, tech assistance and warranty if required, and importantly a face for my local market as i have to you enthusiasts since the 135i's were released here.

There are many reasons why i was interested in the PROcede and have had an interest which initially was sparked 'by the competition'. Also i have potential customers that are looking for more options out of their tune and want it to do more. Not too long ago i saw the 335i at Wakefield on the TV, i did some research and found they went away from the PROcede and had now returned. That was enough to get me researching more.

After initial discussions were held i decided to try the unit myself. I have now run the PROcede in my 135i for a while now and have become more familiar with the functions and useability of it. There is nothing like trying out your own car to test products out there in the market place to see what is what. I am running the Canbus V3 Rev 2 with user torque settings at 85.

I like the fact that you have a user interface that allows you to do many things. The best part i like is the data logging feature. I did some time on the dyno to record some power and tractive effort data to compare with my previous catalogue of dyno data for all 135,335i cars but i used the data logger to log everything that happened. When i got back later and had some time i checked out the data like the boost and how it came on, it logs it in a graphical form. It also logs rpm and temps, fuel and ign, etc etc. I really like this feature. Something else that was nice is seeing as i run catless downpipes i have previously run an O2 sim. With the PROcede this is not necessary as you can enable this feature very easily with a few key strokes once connected. The PROcede offers fuel and timing control that is not available in other products and some user adjustability. It also offers me a gateway to a tuning option when i move onto turbo upgrades and methanol kits for the 135i. The new features include boost coming on progressively when changing gear to give some relief to the gearboxes and drivetrain components. Another feature is that when you are tracking your car, with a tune especially, oil temps get very high, the PROcede has a built in feature that reduces boost as your temp gets very high so that you are not hammering your car under high boost and high oil temps. Inversely it does this when the car is cold as well. The Digital boost guage will be available soon as well and can integrate into the PROcede as it runs through the Canbus. Oh and speaking of Canbus, if you do induce a fault code, you can clear it while you are on the side of the road...i tried this...i induced a code on purpose and cleared it with no tools, very cool, i have also spoken to them and we have had a discussion about map switching while driving and some other features i think may work and they may look into it down the track. I also like the plug n play wiring harness, it makes the install easy.

This excites me, sorry to ramble a little but it is all good. I'll have it in my car on the weekend, not much to see but if you have any questions, i am happy to help.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #15
Tj303
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
HI Guys,
Oh and speaking of Canbus, if you do induce a fault code, you can clear it while you are on the side of the road...i tried this...i induced a code on purpose and cleared it with no tools, very cool
Hi, how easy is it to clear tuner detector codes that may be created by using Procede?
      07-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #16
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj303 View Post
Hi, how easy is it to clear tuner detector codes that may be created by using Procede?
Hey Andrew,

Thanks for posting!! Andrew is my Melbourne dealer. We will be working closely to offer the best product and support for N54 tunes in the Melbourne area.

tj303,

Codes are easlily cleared by simply turning the ignition on with engine off (start stop button with clutch out). Then pressing the throttle to the floor twice. This clears all codes including tuner codes.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 06:08 AM   #17
Breville
Scum in the sun
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Just a quick question and I appologise if it's been answered elsewhere.. what's the justification of price over something like a JB? Sorry if it's a bit simplistic!!

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 07:04 AM   #18
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

Ha Ha Ha Breville, you crack me up

You have been spending too much time on the E90 area on the tuning pages....
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #19
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breville View Post
Just a quick question and I appologise if it's been answered elsewhere.. what's the justification of price over something like a JB? Sorry if it's a bit simplistic!!
Hi Breville,

This is a bit of a can of worms, but I will make a short list:

* JB has no ignition control. They claim otherwise, but they are lying. Therefore they completely rely on the ECU knock control to retard timing. We believe this is unsafe.
* JB has similar other tuning features to Procede (other than ignition), but Procede has direct boost solenoid control where JB just adds boost (Procede can reduce it at point for smoother throttle control).
* Procede has speed delimitter function (you can drive above BMW imposed limitter), where JB does not.
* Procede has built in O2 sim function. If you install decat down pipes with JB, you need to purchase seperate O2 sims.
* Procede has datalogging capability allowing logging of many parameters through a windows laptop.
* Procede has user adjustable parameters to allow you to customise your tune to your requirements (boost level etc.).
* Procede has gear adjustable boost (less boost in lower gears for traction).
* Procede has CAN bus integration which allows reading of codes, clearing of codes, on dash display of map selected, on dash display of Procede fault codes, logging of engine parameters such as oil temp, and tuning based on these parameters (reduction of boost at low and high temps). You have to buy a seperate tool to do this with JB worth several hundred $$$.
* Procede is upgradable with simply a windows laptop with no special hardware required.

There are many other differences, but just have a look at a JB and have a look at Procede. Open the boxes and tell me if you see the difference. JB uses minimalist approach with just hp being the aim. Procede is a more complete approach offering many features and safety as well as hp as the aim.

-- Adrian
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #20
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
This excites me, sorry to ramble a little but it is all good. I'll have it in my car on the weekend, not much to see but if you have any questions, i am happy to help.
Love to see it on Sunday. Will give me incentive to tune it later this year.
      07-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #21
Breville
Scum in the sun
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Hi Breville,

This is a bit of a can of worms, but I will make a short list:

* JB has no ignition control. They claim otherwise, but they are lying. Therefore they completely rely on the ECU knock control to retard timing. We believe this is unsafe.
* JB has similar other tuning features to Procede (other than ignition), but Procede has direct boost solenoid control where JB just adds boost (Procede can reduce it at point for smoother throttle control).
* Procede has speed delimitter function (you can drive above BMW imposed limitter), where JB does not.
* Procede has built in O2 sim function. If you install decat down pipes with JB, you need to purchase seperate O2 sims.
* Procede has datalogging capability allowing logging of many parameters through a windows laptop.
* Procede has user adjustable parameters to allow you to customise your tune to your requirements (boost level etc.).
* Procede has gear adjustable boost (less boost in lower gears for traction).
* Procede has CAN bus integration which allows reading of codes, clearing of codes, on dash display of map selected, on dash display of Procede fault codes, logging of engine parameters such as oil temp, and tuning based on these parameters (reduction of boost at low and high temps). You have to buy a seperate tool to do this with JB worth several hundred $$$.
* Procede is upgradable with simply a windows laptop with no special hardware required.

There are many other differences, but just have a look at a JB and have a look at Procede. Open the boxes and tell me if you see the difference. JB uses minimalist approach with just hp being the aim. Procede is a more complete approach offering many features and safety as well as hp as the aim.

-- Adrian
Hi Adrian,
Awesome response, just what I was after.
Unfortunately I am not able to make it Saturday but am sure we'll cross paths soon.
Cheers.

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #22
FITZS
Rep
Drives: 135

What are the warranty implications for me if I were to fit one of these?

Adrian - are you looking to appoint any Western Australian dealers?
Appreciate 0